Dr. Mark Mutschler, DDS

Dr. Mark Mutschler, DDS

Pediatric Dentistry  ·

Dr. Mark Mutschler, DDS is a pediatric dentistry practitioner in Portland, OR and has been practicing for 24 years. He practices pediatric dentistry and orthodontics.Read his story

Great Grins for KIDS

13908 SE Stark St Ste C

Portland, OR 97233

• American Republic
  • First Choice Health
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Health Net
  • PacificSource
  • Providence Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Mutschler

Video

Dr. Mutschler's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Mutschler "I graduated from UCLA School of Dentistry in 1990 and first practiced at a VA Hospital in Long Beach, CA and then in a children’s clinic in Southgate, CA. When I finished my specialties in Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics, I moved to Portland to be closer to my wife’s family. Working with children and young people came early to me. I was a Junior Assistant Scoutmaster for the Boy Scouts when I graduated from High School and one of my first jobs was as a pre-school teacher. After college, I became a middle school Science teacher and worked with tweens. Working with children of all ages before becoming a Pediatric Dentist and an Orthodontist gave me insights into child behavior that has been invaluable. Children see the world with fresh eyes and unique perspectives that always surprise and delight me. Each child comes in with their own excitement and their own concerns. The most rewarding part of my job as a Pediatric Dentist is when I turn a shy, worried kid into an excited and happy patient who is a little sad to leave and looks forward to coming back to the dentist. My career goal is to have children learn the skills to maintain and enjoy a lifetime of healthy, beautiful smiles. Education and Experience: During three years of my post-doctoral education, I participated in a craniofacial disorders clinic and had a fellowship in Psychological Disorders at UCLA. These experiences gave me a better understanding of challenges that some of my patients face, both physically and psychologically. My dual specialties have positioned me at the intersection of children with orthodontic problems, mostly looking at early crowding, cross bites, and space maintenance. My lectures and presentations to other doctors have involved maintaining space for the permanent teeth and helping permanent teeth erupt properly. Surprisingly, although I see orthodontic problems in children as young as one year of age, I usually recommend waiting for a more ideal treatment time, such as either 8 or 12. Outside the Office: Born and raised in the Los Angeles Harbor area, after graduation I moved to Oregon in 1994 to be closer to my wife’s family and to have a better place to raise my children. Dr. Fariba Mutschler and I met at UCLA School of Dentistry and married in 1988. We have two sons, Brian and Michael, who make our lives so much more complete. As Michael, our youngest, goes off to college and moves out of the house, we have more time to work on our garden, enjoy the beauty of the Northwest, and possibly travel to more dental meetings. I love Oregon’s clean air, the many shades of green, and the incredible diversity of clouds in the sky. Rain just keeps us clean and green! I enjoy all sorts of different ways of moving: walking with my wife, running marathons, road bicycling with Cycle Oregon, mountain biking on local trails, motorcycle riding on street and trail, kayaking, and of course flying off to exotic locations whenever I get time off from work. My family is very artistic and my older son has decided to make a career of it by obtaining a degree in Illustration from California College of the Arts and actually getting a job drawing mobile game app illustrations. The art of dentistry has been my passion for the last couple of decades, making beautiful teeth with white fillings and braces."

This content was provided by Dr. Mutschler "At Great Grins for KIDS - Oregon City, pediatric dentistry is more than bright, healthy smiles; it's also about making the trip to the dentist a calm, pleasant experience so there's no fear of "next time." As pediatric dentists, we take pride in seeing our patients grow into their adult teeth, so we're committed to earning the trust of everyone who visits our clinic—both children and parents. That's why we take extra time to build rapport and earn confidence; it makes the experience easier for everyone. As a part of our care, we use pleasant, simple explanations to address your child's questions and calm any anxieties. Of course, we're also happy to answer any concerns or questions you might have as a parent."

2  Practice Areas

• Misaligned Teeth
  • Tooth Attrition
  • Tooth Demineralization
  • Tooth Discoloration

No malpractice history found for Oregon.

• University of California At Los Angeles
  • UCLA Graduate School of Education
    Other Education | Completed 1984
  • UCLA Graduate School Oral Biology Masters Degree
    Other Education | Completed 1998

Dr. Mutschler has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Mutschler has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Mutschler does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mutschler and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Mutschler's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Mutschler

Dr. Mutschler?
Dr. Mutschler's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Mark Mutschler, DDS
Dr Mark is great with my daughter and has good ideas for her future ortho needs
Deby in Sandy Or – Apr 12, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Mutschler, DDS?

How was your experience with Dr. Mutschler?