Dr. Mark Bentele, DDS

Dr. Mark Bentele, DDS

Orthodontics  ·
Dr. Mark Bentele, DDS is an orthodontics practitioner in Colorado Springs, CO and has been practicing for 18 years. He graduated from University Of Missouri-Kansas City / School Of Dentistry in 1986 and practices orthodontics, orthodontics & dentofacial orthopedics, and more.Read his story

2575 Montebello Dr W Ste 101

• Community Health Choice
  • Dental Network of America

Learn about Dr. Bentele

Dr. Bentele's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Bentele " I grew up in the small north Missouri town of Macon and attended the University of Missouri majoring in biology. I gained early acceptance to dental school at the University of Missouri-Kansas City and graduated in 1986. I entered the Air Force for additional training and completed a hospital based General Practice Residency at Offutt Air Force Base. This broadened my experience greatly in medicine, hospital inpatient care, operating room technique, general anesthesia, surgery, IV sedation and all dental specialty areas. This was great preparation for my 20 -year career in the Air Force and a Desert Storm deployment. After 10 years of general dentistry practice I was selected by the Air Force to receive orthodontic residency training and was accepted to the program at Ohio State University. This was a post-doctoral Masters program and I accomplished research on assessing patients for orthodontic treatment need. In addition to routine orthodontic treatment, the Ohio State program had an excellent orthognathic surgery program and rotations with Nationwide Children's Hospital's Center for Complex Craniofacial Disorders. I graduated from Ohio State in 2000 and was posted to the Air Force medical center at RAF Lakenheath in England which included an active cleft palate team and orthognathic surgery team. I also treated patients at US Navy London. Post September 11th I deployed as a field hospital commander in Qatar during Operation Enduring Freedom. Upon returning to the States I finished my career in a teaching position as Chief of Orthodontics at the USAF Academy and retired as a Colonel in 2007. I succeeded the finest orthodontist in town, Dr. Bill Shaner and became the 3rd proprietor of the oldest orthodontic practice in Colorado Springs continuing a tradition of excellence that started in 1946. In addition to routine orthodontic care we take great pride in serving Fort Carson collaborating on orthognathic surgery patients and staffing the cleft palate team at Children's Hospital. I am Board Certified by the American Board of Orthodontics. In my free time I like to hunt, fish, ski and in general enjoy the Colorado outdoors. My oldest son Ben is a physicist at CU Boulder, next in line Christof is in an Occupational Therapy graduate program at CSU and Tim is at Pine Creek High School. My lovely wife Wendy and I live in the peaceful Black Forest. Thanks for reading."

This content was provided by Dr. Bentele "I consider orthodontics to be very much an art as well as a science. Our philosophy of orthodontics can be summed up by: Art - Smiles are not one size fits all. Orthodontics must be personalized to fit a patient's facial structure and character. Experience - Over 25 years including a hospital residency and a 3 year Masters level residency in orthodontics at Ohio State. Science - I rely heavily on art and experience but I consider the bedrock of my orthodontic practice to be evidenced based care."

3  Practice Areas

• Overbite
  • Tempormandibular Joint Pain
  • Tooth Attrition
  • Underbite

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

• University Of Missouri / Columbia Campus
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1982
  • University Of Missouri-Kansas City / School Of Dentistry
    Medical School | Graduated 1986
  • Ehrling Bergquist Hosp
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1987
  • The Ohio State University Medical Center & Nationwide Children's Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2000

Dr. Bentele has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Bentele has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Bentele does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bentele and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Bentele's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Bentele

Dr. Bentele?
Dr. Bentele's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Mark Bentele, DDS
RecentHighestLowest
Dr Bentele office has always been the greatest help and informative with a great staff. I would recommend Dr. Bentele to anyone!!! I know you would enjoy the visit.
Tom Bonham in CO – Jun 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Bentele, DDS?
Great experience great service great staff great everything
Sean D in Colorado Springs, CO – Jan 03, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Bentele, DDS?

How was your experience with Dr. Bentele?