Dr. Marcus Whitmore, DDS

Dr. Marcus Whitmore, DDS

DentistryMale

Dentistry

Dr. Marcus Whitmore, DDS is a Dentistry Practitioner in Plano, TX. His office accepts new patients.

Brought to you by and on staff at

Advanced Dentistry at Windhaven

Wed

Thu

Fri

2 pm
Connect with a call center representative 24/7 to request an appointment.

Advanced Dentistry at Windhaven

Advanced Dentistry at Windhaven5932 West Parker Rd Ste 600 Plano, TX 75093
    • Sat: closed

• Recent Reviews Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews
  • Low Wait Times Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.

More Dentists at Advanced Dentistry at Windhaven

Dr. Whitmore's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Whitmore

4.3

Dr. Whitmore

Dental visit
Dr. Whitmore and his staff are always very friendly and very efficient on the job they do. I recommend them to anyone that is looking for a good talented dentist office. They care about their patients. I feel very fortunate that I have them for all my dental needs.
Best Dental Practice in my opinion. – Jun 02, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marcus Whitmore, DDS?
I was having sensitivity in a tooth and have just had it removed. Dr. Whitmore and all of his staff have been wonderful and I highly recommend them. They truly care about their patients.
Janis Sanders – Apr 14, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marcus Whitmore, DDS?
Dr Whitmore is unprofessional. His office is more concern about selling products and making the most money. He did not listen to my concerns at all. He is not thorough in his examination or evaluation. He makes prompt decisions in attempt to suggest, sell the highest solution . I know I was his patient. This is a real experience review. I was in a committed treatment plan that exceeded 14,000.00 before I found out who he is and how he operates. After the treatment plan was completed and still under his care, another issue occurred. After a cursory look at my tooth he had to take a 2nd look. He proposed two completely different treatment plans. When I questioned the plans he became irate, combative and rushed the appointment. “How dare I questioned it”. Soon after that I received a letter from him terminated the dentist- patient relationship. I have never been treated this way from a medical professional . Since then I reported him to the state board of dental examiners.
  • Long wait times
Diana – Sep 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marcus Whitmore, DDS?
Mr. Whitmore is more of a salesman than a dentist. I paid $16000 out of pocket for implants. At the end of that process, I asked him to evaluate another painful tooth. He tried to sell me a $4000 appliance that was for TMJ. I have never had TMJ. I do not have any jaw pain or head aches etc....I questioned him and the office person who tried to sell me this thing. He did not appreciate that. On my follow up visit for the implants, I asked him to evaluate that tooth again. This time, he came up with a completely DIFFERENT DIAGNOSIS and treatment plan. Now, he sends me a certified letter to terminate our dentist-patient relationship. I am one who requires answers and explanations for medical decisions. He does not want to be questioned. This is a huge issue! Beware! I would never recommend Dr. Whitmore.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
Aug 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marcus Whitmore, DDS?
Dr. Whitmore did my upper vaneers for me back in 2006. To this day I receive compliments on my teeth, from people in general and other dentists (I live near Houston now and am not able to see Dr. Whitmore). I also have a grinding problem and broke the two front vaneers back in 2016. He did the replacements. They are exactly like the others. No one can tell those teeth were re-done ten years later. Honestly, I'm still blown away when other dentists comment on how awesome my teeth are! He's an artist for sure. Also, his hygienists perform the best cleanings I've ever had.
Maria Franklin – Oct 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marcus Whitmore, DDS?
I purchased upper dentures from Dr. Whitmore. I had an infection after the procedure. Dr. Whitmore doesn't seem to know much about medications for infection or pain. In addition he wants over $400.00 to reline the dentures that I paid $6000.00 for. He is a cheerful fellow but doesn't seem to keep up with the medication side of his business. He also is ripping me off in trying to charge me for refitting dentures that have loosened. Had I known this I would have gone elsewhere for the dentures.
Kim Esber – Oct 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marcus Whitmore, DDS?
After speaking with a friend who had the same problems as a few of the above, I’ve decided to list that I too, had a “falling out experience” with this person. He implanted a tooth for me years ago, (while singing rather loudly) but completely failed to consider the abutment for the tooth. Days after the implant, my tooth fell out, rolling across the floor. He was arrogant, defensive and blamed the oral surgeon. The situation was referred to the TX Board of Dentistry.
Feb 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marcus Whitmore, DDS?
Arrogant, which i am ok with if the dental work is up to par, but it is not. Had a crown that was placed in March fall out. It was on a Friday and tried to contact him multiple times. I was forced to go to another dentist which told me the original crown he did was not done correctly. He gave me no choice but to get a new crown and insurance won’t pay since just had crown. Now I’m out even more money and time because he couldn’t answer his phone. When i did reach him his best offer was to “maybe
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Nov 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marcus Whitmore, DDS?
I went to Dr. Whitmore when he was advertising face lift dentures. After spending $16,000 for a set of dentures I can’t even keep them in my mouth. They fall out when talking or eating. I should have purchased stock in Fixadent before going to him. When I told Dr. Whitmore they didn’t fit...his answer to me was ‘it is what it is’. Don’t waste your time and money on this dentist. I’m not the only one either...I referred a friend and she has the same problem.
Blum, TexasDebra L. Wherry – Mar 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marcus Whitmore, DDS?
Dr. Whitmore is a very personable dentist and the staff are all excellent!
RonRoland in Richardson, TX – Apr 26, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marcus Whitmore, DDS?
This Dental office operates on "GREED" alone. I stopped going (after 3 years) due the outrageous charges and unnecessary procedures . I went to another Dentist, for a 2nd opinion and was told that all the work that Dr. Whitmore wanted to do was not necessary ($27,000), for tooth removal, replacements. implants , crowns , etc. BUYER BEWARE! CAVEAT EMPTOR!
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
aka in Dallas, TX – Aug 05, 2016
While I disagree with your assessment, I...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marcus Whitmore, DDS?

How was your experience with Dr. Whitmore?