Dr. Malia Kamisugi, DDS

Dr. Malia Kamisugi, DDS

Orthodontics  ·
Female
Dr. Malia Kamisugi, DDS is an orthodontics practitioner in Honolulu, HI and has been practicing for 20 years. She graduated from University Of The Pacific / School Of Dentistry in 1998 and practices orthodontics and orthodontics & dentofacial orthopedics.Read her story

1060 Young St Ste 201

Honolulu, HI 96814

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Kamisugi

Dr. Kamisugi's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Kamisugi "DR. MALIA KAMISUGI DDS, MSD "I like to see that my patients are working to better themselves. I love seeing them smile when they notice the changes in both aesthetics and the confidence boost they get as they go through their orthodontic treatment. I feel lucky to be in such a unique profession, and to be able to work with so many people through this very important life journey." Education Doctor of Dental Surgery (D.D.S.) degree earned, with honors, at the University of the Pacific School of Dentistry in 1998. Masters in the Science of Dentistry (M.S.D.) and certification in orthodontics also earned at UOP in 2000. Certified by the American Board of Orthodontics (ABO) in 2005 and re-certified in 2011. Awards Voted by her peers as a Top Dentist in the Orthodontic category from Honolulu Magazine for 11 years in a row (as of 2017), and counting! Invisalign Elite Provider Personal My husband, Michael Pietsch, is Chief Operations Officer at Title Guaranty Hawaii. He is also a passionate big-wave surfer and fisherman. We have two wonderful sons, Aka and Nalu. We also have a pair of rescue dogs, lots of fish, and a tortoise to keep us busy. I was on the U.S. National Team for flat water kayaking, and was the Junior National Champion 3 times. I continue to paddle in outrigger canoes, one-man canoes and my surfski. I've done over 20 Molokai to Oahu competitive crossings. I am also an avid scuba diver, surfer, and enjoy playing beach volleyball. I am past-presidents of the Duke Kahanamoku Foundation, Honolulu County Dental Society, Hawaii Society of Orthodontists, and various dental study-clubs. I also participate in beach cleanups for various organizations. "I make sure to go way above and beyond my requirements for continuing education every year. I like to keep abreast of new technology and stay informed for the good of my patients.""

This content was provided by Dr. Kamisugi "Hi Smile Orthodontics, formerly Kamisugi Orthodontics, has been serving the people of Honolulu and Kailua for many years. Our neighbors trust us to provide orthodontic care that treats the whole person, not just the teeth. We work out of a quiet, comfortable practice using the best, most modern technology to give you a positive care experience. We believe in including our patients in the decision-making process and educating everyone who comes to our office about the benefits of orthodontics, as well as their treatment options"

2  Practice Areas

• iTero™ Digital Scanning
  • Metal Dental Braces
  • Nightguard
  • Orthodontic Procedures
  • Orthodontic Temporary Anchorage Devices (TADs)
  • Palatal Expander
  • Retainers
  • Spacers for Braces
  • Teeth Whitening
  • Two-Phase Orthodontic Treatment

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Hawaii.

• University Of The Pacific / School Of Dentistry
    Medical School | Graduated 1998
  • American Board Of Orthodontics
    Other Education | Completed 2011
  • University Of The Pacific / School Of Dentistry
    Other Education | Completed 2000

Dr. Kamisugi has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Kamisugi has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Kamisugi does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kamisugi and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kamisugi's Reviews