Dr. Lihong Lin, DDS

• MetLife
  • United Concordia

Learn about Dr. Lin

Dr. Lin's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Lin "My biggest joy is to see the beautiful smiles of my patients and watch their self-esteem grow as their teeth become straighter. I also enjoy personally getting to know each and every one of my patients and spend time with them to really understand their specific concerns and needs. I do not have a big family, so I always feel as though my patients are part of my Plaza Orthodontics family as we travel through the journey of building a beautiful smile together. My family is originally from South Korea, but I grew up in China. I have completed my dental education at The Fourth Military Medical University in Xi’an, China as an honor student. I worked as a clinical assistant professor in the same university for two years upon graduation and I spent another five years in the same university to earn my PhD degree in prosthodontics. Thereafter, I came to United States to join my husband who was then a research assistant professor at University of Illinois at Chicago. Following three years of research at UIC on mechanical properties of dental composite materials, I decided to go back to my clinical practice and spent another 3 years at UIC to receive my Master’s degree and certificate in orthodontics. Even though I have spent many years at school, I still enjoy going to continuing education courses to stay on top of cutting edge technologies. I am an active member of American Association of Orthodontics, Illinois Society of Orthodontics, American Dental Association, and Chicago Dental Society. My husband is also an orthodontist and a full time assistant professor. We have one son who is currently a student at Marquette University. My hobbies are traveling, fishing and learning new languages. I am fluent in English, Chinese, Korean and Japanese. Whatever your orthodontic problem, Plaza Orthodontics can be your solution! Call our Wilmette, IL orthodontic office today!"

This content was provided by Dr. Lin "Patients and families of North Shore and Wilmette have been coming to Plaza Orthodontics since 1978, and we are honored to welcome you to our orthodontic community! We have a great reputation in our area as a friendly and caring practice, providing the most updated orthodontic treatments."

• Orthodontics
  • Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics

• Crooked Teeth
  • Crossbite
  • Dental Crowding
  • Dental Spacing
  • Gaps Between Teeth
  • Malocclusion (Bad Bite)
  • Misaligned Teeth

• Invisalign®
  • Metal Dental Braces
  • Nightguard
  • Non-Surgical Bite Correction
  • Orthodontic Temporary Anchorage Devices (TADs)
  • Palatal Expander
  • Removable Appliances
  • Retainers
  • Snoring Prevention
  • Spacers for Braces
  • Springs for Braces
  • Two-Phase Orthodontic Treatment

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• University of Illinois At Chicago / College of Dentistry

Dr. Lin has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Lin has no media or publications listed.

• Chinese, Mandarin
  • Japanese
  • Korean

Dr. Lin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Lin's Reviews