Dr. Lalitha Shankar, DMD

DentistryFemale

Dentistry

Dr. Lalitha Shankar, DMD is a Dentistry Practitioner in Worcester, MA. Her office accepts new patients.

Dr. Lalitha Shankar, DMD

Art Of Dentistry

101 Pleasant St Ste 106 Worcester, MA 01609 ()

Dr. Shankar's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Shankar

2.7

Dr. Shankar

I went for a cleaning (which they made me come in for separately from my X-rays, never heard of that before). I’m currently a dental hygiene student, and I’m quite aware of how a cleaning should go. There was no probing done to check for periodontal pockets, which I know I have because I was aware of them previously. She never actually checked for calculus anywhere in my mouth, just went through with what I think was an ultrasonic cleaner quick. And I mean quick. With that and polishing it took 10 minutes. My gums have been bothering me, so I was sure I’d probably need some deep pocket cleaning, but she never checked my pockets to see if my pockets had deepened to begin with. Also, when I left I could still see a line of calculus that was visible before I got there. She would have known that had she actually explored my mouth. This was the dentist that did my cleaning as well, not a hygienist. Also, the assistant wore gloves up front and touched everything, and didn’t change gloves.
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Jan 07, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lalitha Shankar, DMD?
Very disappointed, she was my dentist for a long time and never notices a huge cavity on my wisdom tooth that is all the way out and clearly seen. Once I started having lots of pain I went to her and she didn't even notice it, she said any "mouth movement" could trigger the pain and just take meds. Then when I told her it was the wisdom tooth few days later and I need it extracted, she refused doing it saying the nerve is curved, even tho it was not. Unskillful, worst place to go to
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Tamara in worcester MA – Apr 27, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lalitha Shankar, DMD?
I had extensive crown work done by her which threw off my bite. I was told she could only file the new crowns only so much to try and correct the bite which left me with a very bad bite. It then lead to one of my crowns cracking from hitting a bottom tooth and the bitting my gums and lip when chewing. When I contacted the office to speak to them about this, they never answer the phone or return the many messages I left. Very disappointing.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
Uxbridge, MA – Aug 08, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Lalitha Shankar, DMD?

How was your experience with Dr. Shankar?