Dr. Kristin Wade, DMD

Dr. Kristin Wade, DMD

Dentistry  ·
Female
Dr. Kristin Wade, DMD is a dentistry practitioner in Payson, AZ. She practices dentistry, orthodontics, and more.Read her story

409 W Main St

• Guardian
  • MetLife

Learn about Dr. Wade

Dr. Wade's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Wade "Hello, I’m Dr. Wade, and I am the owner of Payson Premier Dental in Payson, Arizona. In 2015, I purchased the dental practice that I had worked at for several years as a dental hygienist and then as a dentist. It was my first full-time professional employment since graduating from Northern Arizona University with my Bachelor’s of Science in Dental Hygiene. While I was working towards my undergraduate degree, I obtained the skills and knowledge of my profession, but it was during my externship that I was able to work with different populations and found my love for helping people. One experience that was particularly formative was my work with the Institute for Human Development (IHD). I was selected to be a part of an interdisciplinary team that assessed children with a variety of special needs. For me, it was exciting to see oral health emphasized along with visual screenings and motor development issues. This gave me an idea of how important oral health really was. I was also able to work with visually impaired adults, helping them with doctor appointments and assisting them with adaptive computer programs. While not explicitly dental related, I was able to see firsthand the challenges that many people face on a daily basis. The result of my experiences with the IHD is that I developed empathy for people who need a little more special attention doing things that others take for granted. Combining my education and experience, I helped outline strategies for oral health workers when working with the visually impaired. The strategies weren’t necessarily ground-breaking, but articulated how important communication and adaptation to individual needs were. I realized that these strategies weren’t just applicable to patients with special needs, but good standards and practice with all patients. In short, these were essential for good dentistry. While living and working in Payson, I served in the PTO, conducted oral health programs at the local elementary schools, and volunteered at the Lions’ Club Health Fair. I was able to be on the planning committee for the health fairs and performed oral cancer screenings for attendees. While I enjoyed my work as a hygienist, I felt that I wanted to be able to offer more comprehensive dental care for our patients and be able to do more for my community as a dentist. As I continued to work as a hygienist, I commuted to Phoenix to complete my prerequisites for dental school. It wasn’t easy to work full time and be a mom and wife, but with the support of my family and employer, I was able to complete my prerequisite courses. I was accepted at the Arizona School of Dental and Oral Health. This was the perfect fit! I appreciated the emphasis on public health and public service. As a student, I was able to organize various community projects, including renovating a local homeless shelter and initiating oral health training for nursing home staff. Academically and professionally, I knew I found a career that helped define who I am. My hard work paid off and I graduated in the top 10% of my class, and I was honored with a membership into Omicron Kappa Upsilon, the national dental honor society. I was also blessed with the opportunity to make several friends and colleagues who shared a passion for the art and science of dentistry. After graduation, I returned to High Desert Dentistry in Payson. I knew that Payson was where we wanted to be. I knew I would be joining, and in some cases, rejoining many wonderful employees that shared a vision of providing the best dental care for our community. I also knew I would be able to reconnect with the many of the extraordinary patients I served as a hygienist. This was particularly exciting since so much had changed in the four years I was away at dental school. This was particularly true of the kids…my how they grew! In conjunction with the Kiwanis organization, I helped start the Payson Kiwanis’ Dental Program for Children. Desert Dentistry also conducts free Veteran’s Day dental services for veterans, a program I am proud to continue with Payson Premier Dental. Additionally, I continue to participate in the Arizona Mission of Mercy and Give Kids a Smile programs in Arizona. I was also looking forward to joining the professional community of superb dentists who were also practicing in Payson, many of whom collaborated with us in the Kiwanis’ Dental Program. As a new dentist, Dr. Tom Mattern wasn’t just an employer, but a friend and mentor. He continued to encourage me to expand my education and experience in implants and Fastbraces. As a staunch believer in being a lifelong learner, I am involved in what seems like countless hours of continuing education. This keeps my clinical skills current and introduces me to the latest innovations in dentistry. All of this allows me to be the best dentist I can be and be of the best service to the members of this community that I love so much. As the owner of and full time dentist at Payson Premier Dental, I look forward to providing outstanding care for many years to come. "

This content was provided by Dr. Wade "Fun, Caring, Family

We realize that people generally do not describe going to the dentist as one of their favorite activities.  This is why our office believes in having a fun, caring environment where we treat everyone as family.  Dr. Wade provides exceptional dentistry with a caring chair-side manner, and is very conscious of her patient's comfort during and after dental treatment.  Your experience here does not end when you walk out the door, as we believe in following up with our patients after treatment - just as we would with family.   "

3  Practice Areas

• Cosmetic Dentistry
  • Orthodontics

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

Education data for Dr. Wade is unavailable at this time.

Dr. Wade has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Wade has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Wade does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Wade and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Wade's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Wade

Dr. Wade?
Dr. Wade's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Kristin Wade, DMD
Dr. Wade is GENTLE as can be. Zero anxiety & pain before, during and after appointments. Very impressed with her entire professional practice from hygienists to office staff. Dr. Wade takes the time to explain things in a way you can understand & offers affordable treatment options. The first...Read More
JRT II in Scottsdale, AZ – Feb 01, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kristin Wade, DMD?

How was your experience with Dr. Wade?