Dr. Kirk Specht, DDS

Dr. Kirk Specht, DDS

Orthodontics  ·

Dr. Kirk Specht, DDS is an orthodontics practitioner in Santa Maria, CA and has been practicing for 23 years. He practices orthodontics.Read his story

Central Coast Orthodontics Santa Maria, CA

1311 S Miller St Ste 201

Santa Maria, CA 93454

• Guardian
  • MetLife
  • United Concordia

Learn about Dr. Specht

Dr. Specht's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Specht "CHANGING LIVES BY TRANSFORMING SMILES I am so grateful to be an orthodontist. The work we do is honestly fun. The kids and adults we work with are highly motivated, energetic, and a joy to be around. Every day, I see miracles happen, in the transformations patients go through, and that makes every moment worth it. I love watching lives change and personalities blossom as people’s confidence increases with a better smile. It’s a privilege to be part of this process and be trusted with a person’s future smile. I treasure my relationships with patients. Children and teens constantly surprise me with their latest adventures and a new joke. Caring for adults is just as amazing: working with someone who’s longed for a confident smile and is now getting it, and sharing in their joy, is remarkable. I’ve been practicing in the oral healthcare field for 30 years. My first eight years were as a general dentist. Then I returned to school for orthodontics and have been creating smiles for 22 years. I was drawn to the field because I want to help people, work with my hands, and be self-employed. I wanted to be able to improve lives through individual care and I wanted time to connect with and get to know my patients. EDUCATION AND CONTINUING EDUCATION Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry, Pacific Union College Doctorate of Dental Surgery, Loma Linda University School of Dentistry Master of Science in Orthodontics, Loma Linda University School of Dentistry Continuing education has always been a big part of my practice. I study advances in dentistry and orthodontics, including technology, techniques, and materials. I also study business management, learning new ways I can serve and exceed my patients’ expectations. I believe ongoing continuing education, for myself and my team, makes us better equipped to serve. PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS American Association of Orthodontists American Dental Association California Dental Association Central Coast Dental Society IN THE COMMUNITY I think being involved in and support the community is a way to give back to others. My practice regularly participates in dental school screens and career days. We also offer free Sports Guards to athletes to help protect their teeth. PERSONAL LIFE I grew up in a little town called Angwin, about eight miles above St. Helena in the Napa Valley. I currently live in Arroyo Grande; the sand dunes of Pismo Beach are just across the street from my home. I’m single and have two great kids, Kristin and Michael. Kristin married in 2013 and now I have another wonderful son, Adam, as part of my family. Being with these three is my favorite way to spend time. I also have a variety of hobbies, including hiking, biking, photography, kayaking, and riding motorcycles. Personally, I’m passionate about my spiritual connection with God and my children. Oh, and did I mention motorcycles? I love riding and take three or four trips a year."

This content was provided by Dr. Specht "We believe making such a life-changing transformation should be enjoyed. We've created a practice that's warm and welcoming, that you'll look forward to visiting. We offer a Hub Rewards Program to encourage good habits: good dental hygiene, good grades, seeing your dentist every six months, no missed appointments, and following home care instructions. We also offer a VIP Referral Program, drawings for great prizes, and ice cream at every visit!

Our doctors and team members are highly trained orthodontic professionals. We're also people-oriented and love getting to know each patient. You'll never be a number on a chart to any of us.

For us, participating in straightening someone's teeth is fulfilling. We see that person's life, attitude, and confidence change, from visit to visit. It's a joy for us to provide this service and love that we're creating a positive, life-changing smile for someone who's become our friend."

1  Practice Areas

• Thumb Sucking
  • Tooth Abrasion
  • Tooth Attrition
  • Underbite

No malpractice history found for California.

• Pacific Union College
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1981
  • Loma Linda University / School of Dentistry
    Medical School | Graduated 1985
  • Loma Linda University / School of Dentistry
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1995

Dr. Specht has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Specht has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Specht does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Specht and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Specht's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Specht

Dr. Specht?
Dr. Specht's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Kirk Specht, DDS
The best Orthodontist around! His warm personality and time taken with patients makes you feel like part of the family! I highly recommend Dr. Specht, he is wonderful!
Angela in Santa Maria, CA – May 04, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kirk Specht, DDS?

How was your experience with Dr. Specht?