Dr. Kenneth Sloane, DDS

Dr. Kenneth Sloane, DDS

Dentistry  ·

Dr. Kenneth Sloane, DDS is a dentistry practitioner in Closter, NJ and has been practicing for 36 years. He practices dentistry, pediatric dentistry, and more.Read his story

The Center for Advanced Cosmetic Dentistry

500 Piermont Rd Ste 201

Closter, NJ 07624

Learn about Dr. Sloane

Dr. Sloane's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Sloane "I have been practicing dentistry since 1982. It’s hard to believe it’s been that long; the past 32 years have flown by! I was inspired to become a dentist because of my own personal dental experiences as a child. Unfortunately, my first dentist didn’t leave that great of an impression. I can tell you from first-hand experience that having cavities filled without anesthetic is no fun! My second dentist opened my eyes to what caring, patient-focused dentistry was like. It was an entirely different and comfortable dental experience: one without pain. He greatly influenced my desire to become a dentist, as I realized it was a profession that could be so rewarding on many levels. For me, restoring smiles is the most professionally satisfying aspect of being a dentist. I am able to transform a patient’s smile in just a few short visits through the use of porcelain veneers and crowns. It is so gratifying to hear a patient tell me that they can smile for pictures again! For some patients, it is truly a life-changing event. I feel fortunate to say that I actually enjoy going to the office each day, as each day is unique. My patients trust me with their oral health, and I strive to do the best dentistry each time I perform a procedure. I take great pride in being caring and very gentle, as I know how vulnerable we all feel in the dental chair. There is nothing more rewarding than having a very apprehensive patient tell me after a procedure that it was completely painless. Education and Continuing Education State University of New York at Albany – Bachelor of Science in Biology, 1977 New York University College of Dentistry – Doctor of Dental Surgery, 1982 I remain committed to taking continuing dental education courses as the dental field is constantly evolving. Attending seminars and learning new modalities in dentistry helps me to bring to my practice new and improved ways to treat my patients. I have been able to incorporate into the practice technology like digital X-rays, which not only reduce radiation exposure, but eliminate the need for environmentally harmful chemicals. We also use advanced crown technology which provides aesthetically pleasing dental restorations that are virtually indistinguishable from natural teeth. Perhaps the most important has been the implementation of a painless injection technique, which eliminates one of the main sources of stress for my patients. CE keeps me excited about my profession and my ability to provide my patients with state-of-the-art dentistry. Professional Affiliations American Dental Association New Jersey Dental Association Bergen County Dental Society American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, General Member Fellow of the International Academy of Dental and Facial Aesthetics Family and Community I have been married for 28 years to my wife, Miriam, who grew up in Teaneck, New Jersey. She recently completed her Master’s degree in Social Work at NYU Silver School of Social Work, and is working at Hackensack University Hospital. We are so proud of our two children. Our son, Steven, is 23 years old and grew up in the Northern Valley. He graduated from Northern Valley High School at Old Tappan and attended Princeton University. Our daughter, Julia, is 20 years old and is a junior at Lehigh University. She was a member of the All School Musical cast all four years at Northern Valley High School at Old Tappan, and is continuing her love of acting in college plays in addition to studying graphic design. We also have two dogs that we love dearly. Lance is a large Standard Poodle and Mia is a little mixed breed that rules the roost! Away from the office, I enjoy spending time with my family, reading, bicycle riding, exercising, and skiing. In the summer, we try to get to the beach as often as possible. My wife and I love to cook together and we enjoy trying new recipes and cuisines and sharing dinners with our friends. I am an active member of my community and I enjoy sharing stories with patients, most of who live in the same or surrounding communities. When my children were younger I coached them both in baseball, softball and basketball. I loved being involved with them and the other children from town. I became a member of the Harrington Park Lions Club 15 years ago. It is the largest service organization in the world and focuses on helping the blind and visually impaired. I served as an officer in the club and was later elected as president. I continue to be involved with the club and identify very strongly with the motto of the Lions, which is “We Serve”."

This content was provided by Dr. Sloane "At The Center for Advanced Cosmetic Dentistry, our priority is to deliver excellent dental care in a warm, comfortable environment. We want to educate our patients in preventive practices so they can maintain a healthy mouth throughout their lives. For us, there is nothing more satisfying than seeing a patient smile again."

12  Practice Areas

• Fluorosis
  • Gaps Between Teeth
  • Geographic Tongue
  • Gingivitis
  • Gummy Smile (Oversized Gingiva)
  • Halitosis
  • Jaw Irregularities
  • Jaw Misalignment Leading to TMJ
  • Jaw Sprain
  • Loose Teeth
  • Malocclusion (Bad Bite)
  • Misaligned Teeth

• ClearCorrect™ Invisible Braces
  • Composite Fillings
  • Computer Imaging for Dental Crowns
  • Conscious Sedation
  • Cosmetic Contouring (Dental)
  • Cosmetic Oral Evaluation
  • Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) Recording
  • Tooth-Borne Denture
  • Ultrasonic Dental Cleaning
  • Upper Dentures

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

1 Sanction
  • Noncompliance with a Professional Rule (7/5/2016)
    Action Taken: License Restricted
    Summary: Please reference the following Document
    Documentation: Download here (PDF)
    State: New Jersey

• SUNY Albany
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1977
  • New York University College Of Dentistry
    Medical School | Graduated 1982

Dr. Sloane has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Sloane has no media or publications listed.

• American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, Member
Request an Appointment

Dr. Sloane's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sloane to family and friends

Dr. Sloane's Performance

So comfortable that I'm able to sleep while he works in my teeth
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. Sloane wastes no time. He is the most efficient and knowledgeable dentist I have ever encountered, He makes your session seem painless and effortless, with excellent results.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. Sloane does excellent work! I've never felt any pain while having work done, and have been thrilled with the results of every procedure he has done on me, from crown placement to wisdom tooth removal.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. Sloane is simply the best provider you could find. He is kind, gentle and caring, interested in your well being and comfort. His staff is the most professional staff one could ask for. I highly recommend Dr. Sloane for your dental needs.
Are you Dr. Sloane?