Dr. Katherine Thomson, DDS

Endodontics •  Female

Dr. Thomson

Kabes, Barbara J DDS Ms

8950 Villa La Jolla Dr Ste A207 La Jolla, CA 92037

Dr. Katherine Thomson, DDS is an endodontics practitioner in La Jolla, CA. She practices endodontics.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Endodontists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Provider Expertise
    10 Patients mentioned this provider's skill level. See reviews
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.

Dr. Thomson accepts

Dr. Thomson accepts the following insurance:

Dental DPPO
Dental PPO
United Concordia
Advantage Plus PPO
National Fee-for-Service

No malpractice claims found for California

Check if Dr. Thomson treats your condition or procedure

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Katherine Thomson, DDS...

Have free onsite parking?

Offer evening visits?

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Offer an online patient portal portal?

Offer weekend visits?

Dr. Thomson's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Thomson

Dr. Thomson?
Dr. Thomson's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Katherine Thomson, DDS
The team, office and the doctor are top notch! Exceptional care, convenient location, state of the art technology and techniques provided me with outstanding results! Thank you Dr. Thomson and team at Micro Endodontics in La Jolla!!
Scott S. – Sep 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Katherine Thomson, DDS?
Amazing experience. I did a root canal on a back-most tooth here and everything was great. The staff and the Dr. herself were very nice and respectful and made me feel comfortable. The procedure was smooth and almost pain-less, though I had rather long and curvy roots and needed more than normal anesthetics because my nerves were irritated. But most importantly, I had zero complications afterwards, without any bit of pain, stiffness, inflammation, infection, etc. Because I had to wait a bit longer than normal before I could go for putting the crown, the Dr. also made the temporary fillings better than usual, which actually lasted very well until I went for the crown last week (and the dentist putting the crown was very happy with the quality of the root canal). The pricing was also quite reasonable. Overall, I definitely recommend her work!
Erfan – Aug 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Katherine Thomson, DDS?
I needed a root canal and had never had one. After being referred to Dr. Thomson by my dentist, I went in expecting the worst and received the best! Very personable and professional, great staff and, while not ever wanting to have another, I wouldn't hesitate going back if the need arises!
Apr 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Katherine Thomson, DDS?
I was referred to Dr. Thomson for root canal. I was leaving for Asian trip in 3 days. Dr. Thomson was truly concerned about me traveling 24 hours in flight with potential for inflammation. She saw my predicament and came in at 6am to do root canal. The procedure was done with such efficiency. She called me twice to make sure I was OK. Recently, I had filling done on wisdom tooth - enormous pain. She spoke to dentist on my behalf, and upon my request had tooth extracted. SHE IS THE BEST.
MALAS in San Diego, CA – Nov 04, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Katherine Thomson, DDS?
Amazing Endodondist - perfect work and perfect patient care. She was willing to come at 6am to work on the tooth because I had to travel abroad the next day. She even called me 3 hours after work was done to see if I was OK. Flawless work. She and her staff can teach others about quality of work and compassion for patient. THANKS to her, my trip abroad was wonderful.
Mala in San Diego, CA – Oct 27, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Katherine Thomson, DDS?
My experience with Dr. Thomson has been very pleasurable. Not something I would say lightly. I've had many bad experiences having my dental needs done. But with Dr. Thomson she took the time to explain the procedures needed and why. She is very polite, caring, and very professional. I would highly recommend her to anyone for their dental needs. Michael L. Coultas
Michael L Coultas in Norco, CA – Jun 07, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Katherine Thomson, DDS?
Dr. Thompson was wonderful. Definitely highly recommend. Made me feel comfortable about the procedure, and then it went very smoothly. So glad I had my work done by Dr. Thompson.
Trevor L. in San Diego, CA – May 27, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Katherine Thomson, DDS?
I would highly recommend Dr. Thomson. She is professional, friendly, patient and most importantly clear in her explains about the procedure and the procedures outcome. My experience was very positive and I would definitely recommend her to my friends, family and colleagues.
Stacy in San Diego, CA – May 22, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Katherine Thomson, DDS?
Dr. Thomson was great. She has a great demeanor and made me feel extremely comfortable. She is professional and caring and explained everything to me. I asked a lot of questions and she took the time to answer all of them. She is very nice and I highly recommend her. I have had root canals done several times in the past by other dentists and never was really comfortable with them. I am very pleased that my regular dentist referred me to her. He told he she would be great and she was.
Ralph Giannella in La Jolla, CA – May 21, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Katherine Thomson, DDS?
My Dentist sent me to Dr. Thomson for a root canal saying she was the best in town, and that I would love her. He was right! She was able to fit me into her schedule the same day. I had a minimum wait to be seen. Dr. Thomson told me everything I needed to know, she was gentle and I felt nothing. She made a very scary situation easy. I would recommend her to anyone!
M.Brennan in San Diego, CA – May 21, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Katherine Thomson, DDS?

How was your experience with Dr. Thomson?

• Endodontics