Dr. Joy Lunan, DDS

Dr. Joy Lunan, DDS

Cosmetic Dentistry  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Joy Lunan, DDS is a cosmetic dentistry practitioner in Middlebury, CT and has been practicing for 38 years. She graduated from Texas A&M University Health Science Center / Baylor College of Dentistry in 1980 and practices cosmetic dentistry, dentistry, and more.Read her story

819 Straits Tpke

Middlebury, CT 06762

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Lunan

Dr. Lunan's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Lunan "Dr. Joy Lunan was born in Mercedes Texas, the second of four children. She grew up in Brownsville Texas and graduated from Brownsville High School with honors before attending Pan American University. Joy studied at Baylor University in Waco Texas and The University Of Texas where she graduated Summa Cum Laude with a B.S. in Biology. She graduated with a major in Environmental Biology and a minor in Chemistry and also worked as a laboratory demonstrator. After moving to Dallas, Dr. Lunan worked at Parkland Hospital and attended Baylor University College Of Dentistry where she graduated in 1980. Joy later returned to Brownsville where she entered private practice . She is a member of the Baylor College of Dentistry Century Club, a member of the dental fraternity Psi Omega and has been featured in news paper articles including the Brownsville Herald. She was selected as one of America's Top Dentists in 2008. Dr. Lunan is a member in good standing of ; The American Association Of Women Dentists, The Connecticut State Dental Association, The American Dental Association, The Greater Waterbury Dental Association and The United States Chamber Of Commerce. She has completed thousands of hours of continuing dental education and has received additional specialty training in implantology, cosmetic and restorative dentistry. Dr. Lunan is licensed in both Texas and Connecticut. She is in solo practice at 819 Straits Turnpike in Middlebury Connecticut, serving the greater Waterbury, Naugatuck and Middlebury areas. Her special interests include cosmetic and restorative dentistry and she has a large pediatric patient population. Joy and her staff pride themselves in providing uncompromising dental care of the very highest quality for the entire family. Joy enjoys traveling, outdoor activities including kayaking, bicycle riding, sailing, fishing and skiing She enjoys spending her free time with her family, friends and her beloved dogs."

This content was provided by Dr. Lunan "Our job is to make your smile outstanding. We strive to educate our patients in caring for their mouths in order to keep their teeth for life. Our staff works with patients one on one to help provide personalized and gentle care."

4  Practice Areas

• Tempormandibular Joint Pain
  • Tooth Abrasion
  • Tooth Demineralization
  • Tooth Discoloration

No malpractice history found for Connecticut.

• University of Texas
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1977
  • Texas A&M University Health Science Center / Baylor College of Dentistry
    Medical School | Graduated 1980
  • Baylor College of Dentistry
    Other Education | Completed 1980

Dr. Lunan has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Lunan has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Lunan does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lunan and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Lunan's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lunan to family and friends

Dr. Lunan's Performance

Dr. Lunan Says:
"

We try our best to repond to all patient surveys. We appreciate whenever someone takes the time out of their busy schedules to let us know how we are doing. We take our patient's surveys very seriously as we are constantly trying to do our very best to make each and every person's experience with us a great one!

"

I met Dr. Luann when my daughter was very young. She became both my dentist and my daughters dentist. Today my daughter is 32 years old, has a beautiful smile, and twin 8 year old boys. Dr. Lunan and her staff continue to oversee the smiles of my family, twins included. We have a lot to smile...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
The entire experience of going to the dentist was so frightening to me before I went to Dr. Lunan. The very first time there, my experience was great, reassuring, kind and gentle. The let me explain my issues with previous dentists and the trouble I have with my mouth and jaw. They saw to it...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Beautiful office, fantastic dentist and staff. I would recommend her to anyone. Very talented dentist, takes her time and care with me as her patient.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I have already recommended Dr Lunan to both my family and friends. I broke a temporary crown and called her office not knowing the office was on vacation. I left a message and one of her staff members immediately called me back to schedule an appointment as soon as possible. Sandy came in on her...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I just had the best dental experience ever! Dr. Lunan was gentle and patient with me and the staff was kind and friendly. I would definitely reccomend this office to my friends and family! Thank you for everything Dr. Lunan!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option

Thank you so much Michelle!!