Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery  |
Dr. Joshua Foxson, DDS
Dr. Foxson is originally from New York and now calls Naperville home. He is married with two daughters and enjoys sports, cooking, and spending time with his family. Dr. Foxson also has a passion for helping patients get through their treatment and takes pride in taking time to answer questions and making patients feel comfortable.

605 S Washington St

Naperville, IL 60540

• MetLife

Learn about Dr. Foxson

Dr. Foxson has many years of advanced training in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery and Implant Surgery and is Board Certified by the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.  Naperville Oral Surgery is conveniently located in downtown Naperville with ample onsite free parking.  The office is completely state of the art and has been designed with patient care in mind.  Dr. Foxson preforms various procedures including removal of wisdom teeth, dental implant placement, bone grafts, oral biopsies, exposure of impacted teeth (canines), and all-on-4 procedures. Dr. Foxson is also certified to provide IV (intravenous) sedation during these procedures so patients are completely comfortable and asleep.  He believes in treating patients in the same manner in which he would treat his own family members. Dr. Foxson regularly volunteers in the community and has participated in multiple trips to the Dominican Republic to care for underserved patients.

• Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery

• Oral Surgical Procedures
  • Orthognathic Surgery
  • Sinus Augmentation
  • Teeth Extraction

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Hobart and William Smith Colleges
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1996
  • New York University / College Of Dentistry
    Medical School | Graduated 2008
  • Thomas Jefferson University
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2009
  • Thomas Jefferson University
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2012

Dr. Foxson has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Foxson has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Foxson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Foxson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Foxson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Foxson to family and friends
Dr. Foxson's Performance
Spring Valley, CA |
I never stepped foot in the office. The office manager is rude and uncooperative. That alone is enough for me to cancel an appointment. It's truly unfortunate that she is the first impression of this oral surgeon.
Dr foxson and the staff are an amazing team. my daughter recently had her wisdom teeth removed and after being super anxious and nervous about her being put under and how painful it would be i was completely shocked on how painless everything was. my daughter was even surprised after watching so many terrifying videos on youtube. (which none should be searching that up.) i will be recommending all of my friends to Dr. Foxson! thanks to the nurse Patty and Emily for making my daughter throughout.
in Naperville, IL |
Dr. Foxson is easy to talk to. He listens and responds. I liked it that, in our first meeting, he conducted a conversation to make sure we were on the same page as far as my expectations of him. Dr. Foxson pulled two teeth for me four days ago. My recovery is so far so good - no pain, no bleeding, no issues. In addition, it does not hurt that Dr. Foxson has a sense of humor.
in Naperville, IL |
My daughter Morgan had her wisdom teeth removed at NOS. Dr. Foxson and staff couldn't have been nicer, and the procedure went wonderful. She was fully recovered in just a few days. Offices are beautiful.
in Wheaton, IL |
I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Foxson and his staff. I would go boack if I ever needed anything else done.
in Downers Grove, Illinois |
Dr Foxson was great! He explained the procedure thoroughly and answered all my questions. Very professional and very down to earth. I strongly recommend him!!
Naperville, IL |
Dr. Foxson did a wonderful job removing my wisdom teeth! He was very friendly and professional! I have had no problems after the surgery, so I can say that it has been a job well done
in Aurora, IL |
Dr. Foxson is ok, but the front desk, scheduling, front desk and insurance processing is waaaay below any grade I have experienced in the Country
in Chicago, IL |
I could not be happier with Dr Foxson. I just had 4 wisdom teeth out and thought I would be out of commission for a few days. I am already back on my feet with very little pain. Plus with dissolving stitches I don't need a follow up visit.
Naperville, IL |
Dr. Foxson is a very nice person and very patient with difficult patients like me. Thanks
Springfield, IL |
Dr. Foxson explained everything very clearly for my implant. He was professional and had good bed side manners. He and the staff were responsive when I had questions after the procedure. I highly recommend Dr. Foxson
in Naperville, IL |
The answers to my questions were explained clearly. I have complete confidence in Dr. Foxson's skill as an oral surgeon which put me at ease as my two teeth were pulled. His staff is also helpful and considerate.
in Naperville, IL |
Dr. Foxson immediately put me at ease the first time I met him. He is very personable and is confident and competent in his skills. I highly recommended him to one of my friends, which I very rarely do. She was also pleased with him. I'm going back in a couple weeks for another procedure, with no concerns at all.
My wisdom teeth surgery to about an hour to remove all four. My cheeks weren't swollen and I had very minor bleeding. After a few days the pain was minimal. I would definitely recommend Dr. Foxson.
in Naperville, Il |
Couldn't have been a better experience! Consultation and surgery in one day and completely uneventful and smooth recovery. Will recommend Dr. Foxson every time I'm asked
Best ever service received, period! Dr. Foxson, many blessings to you and your staff for the outstanding service and care you show to your patients. My son's procedure was comfortable and painless and to add up to this - Dr Foxson personally reaching out later on in the day to check on him, amazing! Thanks for serving our community so faithfully, God bless!
in Wheaton, IL |
Dr. Foxson and his staff did an excellent job with a problem tooth of mine. He did a consultation and proceeded with the tooth extraction the same afternoon. He also performed additional preparation work for a bridge to be installed later. Dr. Foxson is extremely knowledgeable in oral surgery and is first class all the way. He is assisted by an excellent and high performing staff.
Wheaton, IL |
Nice, modern facility. Dr. Foxson is personable and professional, and followed up personally after both of my procedures. The staff was very helpful working with my insurance company and revising their charges to make the procedures affordable for me.
in Naperville |
Dr. Foxson really put my daughter at ease at the consultation and the procedure. The staff was also very friendly and caring. Would definitely recommend this office!
Illinois |
5 stars! The office is so nice and updated and his nurses were very friendly and understanding with me with how nervous I was. His receptionist Molly was very helpful and kind and made me feel at ease while waiting. If you need oral surgery go to Dr. Foxson.
Carol Stream, IL |
Just today my 16 year old had 4 wisdom teeth removed by Dr. Foxson. We couldn't be any happier with every facet of our experience. The ENTIRE staff is wonderful, from our phone conversations to set the appointment, check benefits to the day of the surgery. The doctor's calm manner in explaining the procedure, his reassurance after it was over and his personal follow up call to check on her at home, all speak to his professionalism, dedication and personal investment in caring for his patient.
in Naperville, IL |
Dr. Foxson and his staff are amazing. They're friendly and personable and make you feel like they care. They listen to your concerns and they take them to heart. Not only did they treat me well but I watched how they treated other patients and I saw the same caring relationship with everyone. I would recommend them to anybody who asked about an oral surgeon. I don't think you're going to find another oral surgeon that's going to treat you any better.
in Naperville, IL |
Great experience at Dr. Foxson's office! The whole staff was awesome! Had 2 wisdom teeth extracted and couldn't have been a smoother visit if I'd dreamed it up myself. Thank you so much!
in West Chicago, IL |
I have the biggest fear of dental work and I waited until I was in extreme pain to see Dr. Foxson for an extraction. I was met by a very friendly and caring staff and they took time to talk with me and assure me I was in good hands. They didn't lie. I was in and out of the dental chair in an hour. It's been 5 days since the procedure and I have had no pain, no discomfort and I am healing very well. I would have no hesitation on returning to Dr. Foxson in the future but hope I don't have to.
lisle, IL |
Excellent service with the doctor only had a little bit of problem with getting a hold of them... I called on a holiday weekend and left a msg on answering machine (service) but did not call back. The staff once scheduled appt. were excellent and courteous to me and the kids who had their wisdom teeth pulled. I have no problem in recommending them to anyone who would ask me. I have recommended them to others.
Wheaton, IL |
I had all 4 wisdom teeth removed and I feel great. I haven't experience any pain or setbacks since the surgery - it's been about a week.
in Naperville, IL |
If I could create a seven star review I will, and I will give them all to Dr. Joshua and his team.
in Aurora, IL |
What a great experience! Everyone was so patient and kind to our son. I would highly recommend!
Naperville, IL |
Dr.Foxson and his chair staff were great.My issue is with his front office staff and manager.My son had his wisdom teeth removed 11 months ago.We had insurance at the time and paid,what we were told,was the remaining balance on the day of service.I haven't heard from them til yesterday when I received an Acct Delinquent Notice saying I had a balance due.I spoke with 2 different people,and heard 2 different explanations.They believe it is both right and ethical to bill 11 months later. Beware!
in Montgomery, IL |
This was the easiest and most painless experience I've ever had. After having two wisdom teeth removed I had absolutely NO pain after and I have been healing very well! My nurse was also really nice and she helped me relax because I was very very nervous!
Chicago, IL |
I had such a great experiencel att NOS. The staff was friendly and professional and my surgical procedure went extremely smooth. I highly recommend Dr. Foxson!
in Lisle, IL |
Super nice. I was put under and woke to my wisdoms being out. Super nice staff.
in Naperville, IL |
As a new patient of Dr. Foxson, I was thoroughly impressed by every aspect of my experience. I was dealing with an oral condition for over a year in which, I had seen several doctors in multiple disciplines that had yielded fairly vague and conflicting solutions. Beginning with the staff and ultimately with Dr. Foxson, my case was handled with the utmost care and professionalism. Every aspect of my care was fully explained. Every question sincerely answered. The best decision I've made !
I had gotten 4 teeth surgically removed and Dr. Foxson and his staff were well experienced and I felt I was in proper hands. Also, after the surgery was complete, Dr. Foxson had checked on me later that day to see how I was feeling. He and his staff were friendly and polite and the office was very clean. The level of satisfaction I received was extraordinary.
Naperville |
He's money hungry and doesn't care about his patients. I wish I could give him 0 stars I don't recommend him.
in Naperville, IL |
I had an implant and my experience was very positive. Dr. Foxson & staff were wonderful - very friendly and professional. I had absolutely no pain or discomfort & would definitely recommend him to anyone needing an oral surgeon.
in Warrenville, Il. |
While I had a simple procedure I was impressed by Dr. Faxson and his staff. He took the time to explain the problem and the solution which resulted in a good outcome. If I, my wife or my brother needed an oral surgeon, Dr. Faxson would be my 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice.
in cicero, il |
I did work for Dr Foxson when he built his new location and he was just awesome to do business with. He knew exactly what he wanted to give his patients the upmost care and comfort and was genuine about having the best equipment to help his patients. I would recommend anyone to be a part of his practice as I know you would have the best experience. Naperville is blessed to have such an amazing facility and Doctor.
in Yorkville, IL |
Overall my experience was very positive. I had 4 wisdom teeth removed and had absolutely no pain and minimal discomfort (my age is mid 30s). Was eating solid food by day 3 and completely healed in 14 days. Dr. Foxson himself also called to check in with me. Making the appointment was easy, got in an out in very little time. My only minor gripe (that isn't worth removing a star) is that I had to give my insurance information multiple times to the billing staff (in person, over the phone a couple
in Lisle, IL |
Dr. Foxson is really wonderful and his staff is great too. He has seen me through 2 emergency situations and 1 final resolution on a full upper set of extractions. He is knowledgable and personable when you are there and his follow up is great. The assistants and front office staff also stop to answer all your questions and work with you on the treatment plan. Would highly recommend him.
in Naperville, IL |
I had to have a wisdom tooth removed on an urgent basis. Dr Foxson and his staff worked me into their immediate schedule. On my first and only visit he was not only able to consult an provide an honest opinion of not needing to extract the two other remaining wisdom teeth that were not bothering me but also convinced me to be sedated for my own comfort which in hindsight was the right choice. It was a quick and easy extraction. Dr Foxson personally followed up with me over the phone to see how i
Dr. Foxson is very friendly! I was nervous for the surgery (I got my wisdom teeth removed), and he made me feel more comfortable and relaxed. The results were great. I came to visit him after the surgery for the check-up and his advice was helpful!
in Plano, IL |
Dr. Foxson's was very calming from the minute I entered the office til the time I left the office. I am a scarredy cat of any Dentist. The needles in the mouth are the worst even though I take shots regularly. The dental assistant was pretty much with me from the time I was in the dental chair. I can't say enough nice things about this office. I have been telling everyone I know if they need these kind of services he is definitely worth the drive and the time. (It was an hour drive for me)
in Naperville, IL |
Dr. Foxson and his staff provide excellent care. They are friendly and caring. Dr. Foxson explained everything to my daughter who had 4 wisdom teeth extracted. The procedure took about an hour. After the surgery Dr. Foxson and his staff again explained everything about post-operation care and he even called that evening to check on my daughter.
Downers Grove, IL |
My 8 year old son saw Dr. Foxson to have supernumerary teeth removed. Dr. Foxson's state of the art facility and MRI technology is top notch! His bedside manner is reassuring, competent, and professional. He knew just how to break the tension and make this a positive experience.
in Orland Park, IL |
The staff was wonderful. The process easy. Dr. Foxson and his dental assistant were marvelous, caring, compassionate, and professional. I would recommend him to anyone needing oral surgery.
in Naperville, IL |
The personal touch we received from Dr Foxson before, during and after the visit was highly commendable. He also called personally to check on my daughter after her teeth extraction that day, and that little gesture gave us the comfort and ease of mind.
in naperville, il. |
I had a problem that could have led to a biopsy. Dr. Foxson exmained it on two occasions and opted not to do that. I really appreciate his honesty and trustworthiness. I would highly recommend him based on that.
Naperville, IL |
I want to say that Dr. Foxson and his staff can't be beat when it comes to professionalism, caring, understanding and just plain down to earth. Dr. Foxson's explanation of procedures was clear, understandable and to the point. I felt comfortable and unafraid during the entire visit and I was not feeling that way on my drive to his office. He listened, offered suggestions and gave me a guideline on how to move forward. I knew the cost going into the appointment so there weren't any surprises.
Naperville, IL |
I was very pleased by the service provided at Dr. Foxson's office. I had 2 wisdom teeth extracted. The procedure took less than 30 minutes and it was painless. Dr. Foxson knows how to put his patients at ease. The facility is brand new and the office uses the newest equipment. I even received a courtesy phone call from Dr. Foxson himself the same evening to make sure I didn't feel pain and was doing OK. I would definitely recommend this doctor for any oral surgery needs.
Have you seen Dr. Joshua Foxson, DDS?
Are you Dr. Foxson?