Dr. Joseph Shea, DDS

ProsthodonticsMaleAge 66

Prosthodontics

Dr. Joseph Shea, DDS is a Prosthodontics Practitioner in Saint Louis, MO and has over 34 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from University of Michigan / School of Dentistry in 1989. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. Joseph Shea, DDS

Saint Louis Prosthodontics

3701 S Lindbergh Blvd Ste 201 Saint Louis, MO 63127

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Missouri

Check if Dr. Shea treats your condition or procedure

Excellent
Friendly
Nov 03, 2022
Implant
I appreciate his polite treatment. I was impressed with his professional skills. I really love my new teeth.
Very professional
Every time I have been to his office, he and his staff are absolutely wonderful and caring.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Shea, DDS?
Very professional and helpful!! From the first visit to the last-great experience and will continue my dental care there!!!
Very Pleased and Appreciative
Dr. Shea and his staff are always very pleasant and helpful. I also needed oral surgery and the doctor he referred me to was excellent. I've had 2 occasions when I needed to get into his office due to old crowns that cracked off, and they got me in quickly and made me comfortable while a treatment plan was initiated. I feel very comfortable recommending Dr. Shea and his office to anyone.
Laurie Koetting – Sep 28, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Shea, DDS?
Horrible Inattentive and greedy Did not return a deposit for no work done! $642! Be warned he is the loan shark of dentists.
Deborah Perez – Nov 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Shea, DDS?
Dr. Shea is an artist and perfectionist. I would recommend Dr. Shea to everyone.
DonfromWaterloo – Jul 23, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Shea, DDS?
I feel Dr Shaw is very knowledgeable and with his updated equipment he can tackle any problem you may have! My experience with him and his office has been kind and helpful!.
K. Saeger – Apr 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Shea, DDS?
I paid Dr. Shea $2,000 for a lower plate. He said no problem. Then said lab would not make it. He had extra teeth and he would make it. It did not fit properly. I bit my cheeks when I chewed. After 2 adjustments with no improvement, I returned it. No refund tho. He was very rude and nonprofessional. STAY AWAY!!
Kathern Blair – Jan 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Shea, DDS?
I finally found a dentist who could restore the crown on my implant after being without a tooth for 1.5 years. Only a couple hours after getting my new crown it feels like it is a tooth that has been there all along. The customer service by the office staff and Dr Shea is beyond compare. Thank you!
Carolyn Odom – Aug 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Shea, DDS?
Dr. Shea was abusive to his staff and (surprise!) to me, his patient, as well. When I asked staff members what was wrong with him they had the excuses ready: housing issues, sick wife, etc. A professional should leave his personal problems and anger management issues at home. I had X-rays, cone beam scans, pano X-rays sent to him after my first consultation. During my second consultation, it became readily apparent that he hadn't even looked at this information. He told me I needed close to 50K worth of work but since I was the victim of poor prior dental work he would reduce his fee if the total amount was paid upfront. As if. Found a different prosthodontist and am getting the help I need and it doesn't resemble Dr. Shea's treatment plan. Run.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Aug 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Shea, DDS?
He was extremely rude to his assistant and very impatient. The shading/color of my son's bridge is way off. His office staff(front office) are very rude and not accommodating to requests. When a complaint was filed I was called "incredibly ignorant" and told my wishes were "poorly conceived."
May 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Shea, DDS?
Dr. Shea charaged $6000 for an appliance that was poorly designed and which other professionals were unable to repair when it broke within the first year. Dr. Shea refused to reimburse any part of this fee and I now have to pay someone who knows what they are doing the same amount, and to start all over with this dental issue. He is rude to his staff and to his patients, and is not someone I could ever recommend.
May 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Shea, DDS?
I needed extensive dental work, every tooth, crown & implants for missing teeth. Dr. Shea gave me an estimate (he could not tell me the oral surgeons actual cost) & a discount if I paid cash (yay). He followed the treatment plan, referred me to an excellent oral surgeon (the implants never hurt) provided temps that the oral surgeon could work around that looked better than my teeth. Dr. Shea gave me a smile again!They were placed yesterday, I cried happy tears all the way home.
Cheryl Richerson in Defiance, MO – Mar 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Shea, DDS?
I am usually terrified of dentists but Dr. Shea was able to make me feel comfortable, aware of his confidence, knowledge and ability. I recommend him and his competent an d caring staff to anyone.
JoAnn R in St Louis, MO – Nov 29, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Joseph Shea, DDS?

How was your experience with Dr. Shea?