Dr. Joseph Cowart, DMD

Dr. Joseph Cowart, DMD

Dentistry  ·

Dr. Joseph Cowart, DMD is a dentistry practitioner in Brevard, NC. He practices dentistry.Read his story

Carolina Smiles Family Dental

4 Market St Ste 4202

Brevard, NC 28712

Learn about Dr. Cowart

Dr. Cowart's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Cowart "Being a dentist is like having an extended family. I enjoy the patient interaction and helping my patients keep their teeth for a lifetime. While dentistry has given me the opportunity to help people with their dental health, I have also been able to help people overcome their dental phobias. It’s not surprising that half the people in the US do not seek dental care because they fear some aspect of treatment. By using techniques to reduce anxiety, we are able to treat these people and bring them into a state of dental health. EDUCATION AND CONTINUING EDUCATION I earned my Doctorate of Dental Medicine from the Medical College of Georgia School of Dentistry, but my education did not stop there! Over the past 35 years, I’ve taken hundreds of hours of continuing education on all areas of dentistry, allowing me to meet the needs of a wide variety of patients. From pediatric dentistry to geriatric dentistry and everything in between, I stay up to date on the newest, clinically-proven techniques. PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS American Dental Association North Carolina Dental Association Transylvania Dental Society Henderson County Dental Association OUTSIDE THE OFFICE I was born in Western North Carolina and have lived in Brevard for 38 years. I have very strong ties to this community; my ancestors settled in Western North Carolina in the 1700s! My wife, Linda, and I are very proud of our two daughters, Laurel and Holly, both of whom are attorneys in Johnson City, Tennessee. While most of my time is spent in the practice, I do find time to enjoy the beautiful area in which I live. Some of my favorite activities include hiking, hunting, fishing, whitewater paddling, and mountain biking. I also volunteer to work on the Baptist Medical/Dental Van."

This content was provided by Dr. Cowart "Our purpose, as a dental team, is to provide the best quality dental care to our patients, our family and our friends. With caring and understanding, we strive to deliver this treatment as gently as possible. We want to help our patients achieve excellent oral health and a beautiful smiles."

1  Practice Areas

• Tooth Damage
  • Tooth Demineralization
  • Tooth Discoloration
  • Tooth Malformation

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

• Medical College of Georgia
    Medical School | Graduated

Dr. Cowart has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Cowart has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Cowart does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cowart and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Cowart's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cowart to family and friends
167 total reviews (1 has a comment)

Dr. Cowart's Performance

Not only is Dr. Cowart a wonderful and nice man, he is by far the best dentist I have ever had! He was so gentle and experienced, he did a surgical extraction on two of my teeth, both at the same time, and it all took less than 15 minutes with little to no pain. I was amazed and so very grateful. I...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0