Dentistry  |
Dr. John White, DDS
An Asheville native, Dr. White graduated from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 1988 with his Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemistry. He then went on to work as a researcher in the pharmaceutical industry before returning to the same university in 1991, completing his Doctor of Dental Surgery in 1995. Following his graduation, he underwent a two-year post-doctoral Residency program at Wake Forest University Baptist Hospitals and the Bowman Gray School of Medicine. During this time, he received extensive training in sedation dentistry and completed a separate year-long externship in the placement and restoration of several different types and brands of dental implants with the Midwest Implant Institute of Columbus, OH. Today, Dr. White has been practicing dentistry here in South Asheville since 1998, and he is one of only a few dentists in Western North Carolina to be certified by the North Carolina State Board of Dental Examiners to provide parenteral sedation dental procedures. He has achieved Fellowship status in both the Academy of Dentistry International and the Academy of General Dentistry, which signifies a strong commitment to the pursuit of continuing his dental education and confirmation that he has distinguished himself in the dental field. Additionally, Dr. White has served on the Board of Directors of the Dental Alumni Association of The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Dentistry. He was also President of the Board of Directors of the Dental Alumni Association from 2003 to 2004. He is currently a member of the American Dental Society of Anesthesiology in addition to his Fellowship positions. His favorite part of his job is getting to know so many great people in the area and help them attain their goal of oral health! Dr. White and his wife Patty have three children. In his free time, he enjoys traveling and hiking the mountains of Western North Carolina.

John White, DDS

• CoreSource
  • Golden Rule
  • Health Net

Learn about Dr. White

Dr. White practices comprehensive dental care.  We can treat most of your dental needs right in our own office, without the need to refer you to multiple doctors in different locations just to complete your care.  Whether you need simple care like fillings, crowns and bridges, or more complex needs like dental implants or even removal of wisdom teeth, we can help.

• Endodontics

• Teeth Extraction
  • Teeth Whitening
  • Ultrasonic Dental Cleaning
  • Upper Dentures

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

• University of North Carolina At Chapel Hill
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1988
  • University Of North Carolina / School Of Dentistry
    Medical School | Graduated 1995
  • North Carolina Baptist Hosp/ Bowman Grey Sch Of Med
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1997

Dr. White has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. White has no media or publications listed.

Dr. White does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. White and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. White's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. White to family and friends
4.5
Dr. White's Performance
Candler, NC |
Dr. White is always professional and very kind. I'm a fearful patient and he takes the time to allow me to understand what is happening.
in Arden, NC |
Awesome as always! Very comfortable setting and very knowledgeable.
in Mills River, NC |
My family and I love going to Dr. White's office. I have had several bad experiences w/ dental offices in the past that made my son fear going. When I tell him its time to go get his teeth cleaned now he actually looks forward to going. We highly recommend Dr. White for all your dental needs!
Great Experience!
in Asheville, NC |
I was very impressed with the first consultation. Dr. White was very knowledgable about my options as it related to my teeth and cancer.
Asheville, NC |
I had a surprise when me tooth fell apart in my mouth one day, so I needed to get to a dentist quick. I called Dr. Whites office because they were the only office open on a Friday. They fit me into their tight schedule and found out the rotten tooth was due to a botched filling I had years back. Scheduled a date for a root canal which was quick and painless. Dr. White and his staff created the best experience I've ever had at the dentist.
in Asheville, NC |
Because of Dr. White I have a smile I will forever treasure. He saw an urgent need to allign my teeth with braces and because of his honesty I went through the process. His staff is professional, friendly and willing to work with you. I am very happy to be his loyal patient.
in Asheville, NC |
I've been a patient of Dr. White for many years. I have always gotten excellent care from him and his staff.
in Fletcher, NC |
Dr. White has an excellent "chair" side manner. He takes the time to explain why you need the procedures he recommends, including showing pictures and x-rays. His staff and knowledgeable and friendly. If you are nervous about finding a new dentist, give Dr. White a try, he is excellent at easing the minds of anxious patients.
in Asheville, NC |
there is no better dentist than Dr. White. I have had my share of challenges with my teeth and he is the most gentle, sweet, smart and thorough dentist I have had. I can't recommend him more.
in Asheville, NC |
Dr. White and staff are excellent in all dental areas. Highly recommend them!!
Asheville, NC |
I'm very pleased to have Dr. White as my dentist once again, after being away from Asheville for 8 years. He did several crowns for me previously and I have complete trust in his professional abilities. Dr. white is very personable and has a friendly and skilled staff. I highly recommend him!
in Asheville, Nc |
I would highly recommend Dr. John White, DDS. His staff are very friendly and helpful. They were all very professional. I was a little nervous when I arrived, by the time I left I felt like part of their family. Thanks again!
in Fletcher, NC |
My husband and I have been going to Dr. White for several years now. We have been MORE than pleased with all of the work that's been done by Dr. White. He and his staff take great care with their patients to afford them a comfortable, stress-free dental experience. The quality of work is excellent. The atmosphere there is professional, but is very relaxing. Would recommend anyone to Dr. White.
Arden, NC |
I've been to a few Dentists in the area and I must say Dr. White's office is definitely the best! He and his staff are very knowledgeable and the actual office is spotless. I highly recommend Dr. White to anyone.
Murfreesboro, TN |
I was recommended to Dr. White by my family, and I have found that the practice is wonderful! Not only were all of the staff exceptionally nice, but they gave me a gift mug full of goodies and then sent me a handwritten letter in the mail welcoming me to their practice! I've had a great experience so far, and I'm sure that will continue as I get some long due dental work done in the upcoming months.
in Asheville, NC |
Dr White and his staff have been our family dentist for the past 10 years and they have always been warm and friendly while providing exceptional care. I would highly recommend his practice to anyone looking for dental care.
in Hendersonville, NC |
Dr. John White and his Dental Staff provided excellent dental service to me. I was particularly impressed with the professional care of Elaine, the oral & Maxillofacial Surgical Anesthesia Assistant; also the efficient and helpfulness of Dianne, the Office Secretary who is, indeed, a public relations treasure. Lastly, I highly compliment the superb quality of work done by Dr. White, he is without question and exceptional Doctor of Dentistry.
in Asheville |
Dr John White and his staff are very courteous and professional. Diane is very helpful in scheduling and with insurance needs. They are always making an effort to please.
in Asheville, NC |
Always quick and efficient. The staff is always very polite.
in Hendersonville, NC |
Dr. White and his staff are amazing. They provide great quality care (and don't charge an arm and a leg for it). I recommend thim every chance I get. It is a great practice with great people. Dr.White and his staff really take time to make you feel valued as a person. I highly recommended. I would never go anywhere else.
Asheville, NC |
Dr. White and his staff are gentle, professional and thorough.
in Hendersonville, NC |
I recently received a dental implant to one of my front teeth, just prior to taking engagement photos for my wedding. I was so happy with the care I received from the staff and the communication I received from Dr. White about my case. I would recommend Dr. White and his office for any procedures in the future.
in Hendersonville, NC |
My wife went to see him 5 days after extractions because she couldn't get her temporary denture to fit after following all written instructions. He jumped down her throat for not following his unwritten post-op instructions and said he wouldn't continue to treat her after her gums were stable. He was loud and aggressive and clearly offended that my wife had an attitude and was an uncooperative patient. The extractions with anesthesia were handled very well; this was a complete shock to us.
in Fletcher, N.C. |
My visit to Dr. White's office was perfect in every way. Kaylan did an outstanding job on cleaning and Dr. White is always through in his examination. I would recommend Dr. White to anone needing dental care!
Lewisville, NC |
Dr. White's manner is calm and reassuring, and his skill seems unsurpassed! I have been a patient of his for about 17 years, following his journey from Columbus, NC, to the opening of his new office in Asheville. He has done several different more complicated procedures for me, including an implant, a frontal bridge, as well as routine fillings, cleanings, etc. His office staff is competent and friendly. I would recommend his care to friends.
in Hendersonville, NC |
I have been a patient of Dr. White for more than ten years, and I have nothing but good things to say about him and his staff. Dr. White is very caring, courteous, and professional. He will spend time to answer questions and make you feel at ease in an otherwise uncomfortable environment. I cannot imagine having anyone else as my dentist.
in Asheville, NC |
I would highly recommend Dr. White. My family and I have been going to him since 2012, when we moved here. After an initial inspection, Dr. White gives you a complete treatment plan with included pricing so that nothing is a surprise. He spends as much time as needed to explain the treatment. He and his staff are very up to date on the latest equipment and procedures. I guess the icing on the cake is that he is just a really nice guy that has your dental health occupying a #1 spot on his mind.
in Asheville, NC |
Many years ago I had a very unpleasant experience with a dentist that culminated in my being terrified to see a dentist thereafter. I am so thankful for having found Dr. White. He is so kind, considerate & gentle. Yes, I'm still nervous when going to the dentist, but Dr. White & his staff always calm me & I do not have to endure pain during any procedures. Always seen on time & there is no waiting. I would highly recommend Dr. White & his staff to anyone seeking an excellent dental practice.
in Arden, NC |
Always kind and honest. Great staff!
in Asheville, NC |
Dr. White is not only professional but kind and has a great bed side manner. I have had several major procedures performed by Dr. White and he is outstanding. Just good people.
in Waynesville, NC |
Overall great experience.
Hendersonville |
Dr. White stays on top of technology to ensure the patient's dental experience is as painless as possible. His staff is very knowledgeable and accommodating. I would highly recommend him.
in Asheville, NC |
I recommend him because he is a great dentist that cares about his patients and is good at doing his job.
in Clyde, NC |
Dr. White is so understanding of my fear of having dental work. He has to sedate me to any repair work, but has never made me feel like a big baby.
Excellent, compassionate care.
Received empathetic care during anxious moments
Have you seen Dr. John White, DDS?
Are you Dr. White?

Tricare
    Tricare
  • MedCost
  • Wells Fargo Insurance

View other dentists with similar experience to find the right dentist for you.

Dentistry