Periodontics  |
Dr. John Thousand IV, DDS
Education I received my Doctorate of Dental Surgery, Masters Degree and Specialty Training in Periodontics from the University of Colorado School of Dental Medicine. Turns out, I was pretty excited about implant dentistry and bone grafting procedures, so I stuck around a little longer for my certificate in Implantology after residency. I really felt like doing some extra complex implant prosthodontics and restorative dentistry would make it easier to work with my referral colleagues. After the fellowship, I decided to take it one step further and obtain my ABP Board Certification. Research | Grants | Awards: I'd like to describe myself primarily as a clinician… However, I'd be a liar if I said I didn't get a strange sense of satisfaction out of answering research questions that occur in my everyday practice of periodontics. I'm pretty sure I've always been a little twisted this way. In October of 2012 I received the 2012 Student Research Grant Award (from the American Academy of Implant Dentistry Research Foundation) to support an inflammatory cytokine study around different implant abutment designs. At the time we were super interested in the ability for specific surface topography of abutments to promote gingival fibroblast attachment. During my residency I tackled 3 research projects related to bone grafting after extractions, cement remnants around implant crowns, and the effects of extraction and ridge preservation on the sinus floor topography. In fact, in February of 2016 I was awarded the John F. Prichard Graduate Periodontal Research Award for my sinus pneumatization study. The funny part is, I just did this study to find a way to reduce additional post-extraction augmentation procedures needed to place an implant! Teaching | Private Practice I currently live in Florida but I make a monthly commute back to Colorado to hang out with the Grad Perio Residents, my previous director Dr. Chuck Powell and the incredible staff of instructors who put up with my shenanigans for a solid four years. I was given such an incredible education I feel obligated to harass them even more! As a bonus they let me tag along in literature discussions so that I keep my noggin sharp! Perio Love | Skill-set I love perio. I live and breathe this stuff. This really allows me to offer a wide range of surgical capabilities to my patients. These include dental implants, guided dental implant surgery, advanced bone grafting (vertical and horizontal), soft tissue grafting for function and cosmetics, 3rd molar extractions, IV sedation and a boat load of cheesy dental humor. All crummy jokes aside, I am set on providing only the most incredible and reliable results to my patients. Life | Stuff I'm married… to someone WAY cooler than me. I don't know how I fooled her into this relationship but she has stuck it out with me this far! Jenni and I moved to St. Augustine Florida back in January of 2016. It's a cool place to live I'll tell you that! The people have treated us well and the rich history combined with a laid back beach vibe have kept us entertained. I'm currently starting to snag some waves and dodge some sharks!

St Augustine Location

• DenteMax
  • Dominion Insurance
  • Principal Financial Group

Learn about Dr. Thousand IV

Our mission is to use our expertise with compassion and integrity for the improvement of our patients' oral health and the creation of beautiful, healthy smiles.  We aim to provide excellent treatment and remarkable customer service, which consistently exceed both our patient's and referring doctor's expectations

• Periodontics

Medical School | Graduated
  • University Of Colorado Health Sciences Center
  • University Of Colorado Health Sciences Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Thousand IV has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Thousand IV has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Thousand IV does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Thousand IV and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Thousand IV's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Thousand IV to family and friends
Dr. Thousand IV's Performance
in Flagler Beach,Fl |
I am getting dental implants. Dr thousand IV performed a sinus lift with a bone graft. I initially was nervous about the procedure but the experience was painless and he along with the entire staff were amazing. Dr Thousand IV was extremely efficient, caring and explained everything to me during the entire procedure. My recovery went smoothly with very minimal discomfort. He called to check up on me the evening I had the procedure done. Very impressed and highly recommend him.
in Palm Coast, FL |
Dr. Thousand IV was very gentle and thorough. He was very personable and had a wonderful sense of humor, which eased my apprehensions of sitting in the dentists chair after neglecting my oral health for many years. I highly recommend!!
in Flagler Beach,FL |
They are very compassionate. They are very good at what they do. I was always afraid of going to the dentist but they took away my fear.
in Saint Augustine, FL |
After examining the tooth and available x-rays, Dr. Thousand provided me with options that I could consider as next steps. His explanation of my tooth status was valuable as it serve to make me feel comfortable in knowing that I was making the correct decision. On the day of the procedure, Dr. Thousand and his team made every effort to make the process as painless as possible. In fact, there was very little pain at all! His follow-up call to check on my status later that day was appreciated.
Have you seen Dr. John Thousand IV, DDS?
Are you Dr. Thousand IV?

Hospitals where Dr. Thousand IV has admitting privileges

Flagler Hospital
400 Health Park Blvd
Saint Augustine, FL 32086

View other dentists with similar experience to find the right dentist for you.

Dentistry