Prosthodontics  |
Dr. John Stone, DDS
Dr. Stone has been practicing cosmetic dentistry in Ft. Lauderdale since 1979. His success as a cosmetic dentist is based on years of advanced dental education culminating in a specialty degree in Prosthodontics and over 30 years of practical experience. Dr. Stone currently teaches dental implant therapy to dentists in two different locations: Atlantic Coast Dental Research Clinic at Palm Beach College and at Broward Dental Research Clinic at Broward College. He is a specialist in tooth replacement, a Prosthodontist, and has been placing dental implants surgically since 1991. Dr Stone obtained his DDS degree from the Medical College of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond, Virginia. After graduation, he attended a 2-year hospital residency program at the prestigious Long Island Jewish-Hillside Medical Center, Queens Hospital Affiliation in New York. Most dentists do not take a hospital residency program and even fewer attend a 2-year program. In his second year Dr Stone was made Chief Resident. A hospital residency trains doctors in more advanced and complicated treatments than dental schools. The experience Dr. Stone gained was beyond anything he would have achieved by going directly into private practice after dental school. Dr Stone went on to a 2-year specialty program in Prosthodontics at the Medical College of Georgia.Prosthodontists are experts in dental rehabilitation and have mastered many procedures including:crowns, caps, bridges, veneers, removable partial dentures, dentures and dental implants. In addition to restoring dental implants, Dr. Stone also surgically places implants. Dr. Stone teaches implant dentistry to other dentists at 2 local continuing dental education programs.

2601 E Oakland Park Blvd Ste 501

• Meritain Health
  • Pan American Life Insurance Group
  • Principal Life
  • Quality Health Plans
  • Security Health Plan (SHP)

Learn about Dr. Stone

Dr. Stone's dental philosophy is provide the highest quality of care possible.

• Prosthodontics

• Tooth Demineralization
  • Tooth Discoloration

• Botox® Injection
  • Cerec® Tooth Restoration Procedure
  • Cosmetic Contouring (Dental)
  • Cosmetic Oral Evaluation
  • Teeth Whitening
  • Upper Dentures

• University Of Miami
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1970
  • Virginia Commonwealth University / Medical College Of Virginia School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1974
  • Medical College Of Georgia
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1978
  • North Shore Long Island Jewish Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1976

Dr. Stone has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Stone has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Stone does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Stone and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Stone's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Stone to family and friends
3.9
Dr. Stone Says:

I appreciate your feedback so that we can continuously improve our patient's experience in our practice. We strive to provide the highest quality of care in a caring, supportive environment.

We can always be reached by phone (954-568-9100) or email (DentalOfficeMail@gmail.com) and look forward to questions or concerns.

-Dr. Stone, DDS

Dr. Stone's Performance
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
A very good Experience with Dr Stone and Staff, gentle and made every effort to make me feel calm and well looked after. all in all a very good experience for a person who hates going to the Dentist. he is just the Best in Town.
Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Best dentist experience ever! Great facility and very friendly staff.!!! Dr. Stone and his staff are wonderful, they are always gentle and only recommend work that is truly needed. I really hate going to the dentist and feel like most of the time they either recommend tons of work I "need" to have done or they are so rough when they clean my teeth I feel like I was punched in the face by the time I leave. . I am glad I finally found a dentist I can trust! I highly recommend them.
in ft lauderdale, fl |
I've been coming here for almost 5 years now and have always had a great experience with the staff. Going to the dentist may not be your most favorite thing to do, but everyone here makes it super easy. They explain what they're doing and why. And they always seem to be looking out for your best interest. I've had regular cleanings I can actually say I had a good experience with Dr Stone and Staff, I am very happy I found a nice Dental Office.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
My family has been coming here since 1990 for everything including checkups, whitening, deep cleaning, They treat us like family and are very gentle, caring, compassionate, and accommodating to our needs. They send each of us an appointment reminder message, as well reminders via Text and voice call when its time to schedule, so its easy to remember. Love that! We have never had a bad experience and I highly recommend them. Thanks to Doctor Stone and Staff
Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Horrible & would leave 'zero' stars if I could. His assistant is arrogant and likely responsible for a screw-up on a bridge where I had to undergo a redo of the entire procedure. Dr. Stone and asst are the clumsiest, dropping stuff (like my prosthetic!!) before installing them in my mouth. You're seated in less than 10 min because I don't think he has many patients. Never saw any other patients over several visits and too many hours! Oh, & they lost my x-rays on my last visit!! So, BYE, BYE!!
Ft Lauderdale, FL |
I somehow thought I had found the dentist after all these years. I was a patient of Dr. Stone for a partial, as time passed ( a couple of months), the teeth begin to wear down and the frame beneath the teeth was visible, I paid over $3000. Therefore, I had to seek another dentist, and to my surprise, I was informed that the material used for the partial was substandard. I then had to pay to have the partial reconstructed with the proper material.
As a prosthodontist I try to use only the finest materials, but even with the best materials sometimes tooth grinding and/or excessive wear can degrade the material. With most partials one can see the frame beneath the teeth. We pride ourselves on giving the best treatment to our patients and I do have a policy to repair or remake anything questionable that comes up. We want the best for our patients, and in this case, we did pay for treatment at another dentist office.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Dr. Stones attitude and follow-up to dental treatment has dropped dramatically in the past 10 years. Had new dentures done by his office and after 5 to 6 adjustment appointments, with little results,he recommended I contact someone else. He did offer some compensation for the latter but after 10 years of being a customer I did not expect to be abandoned after he had received full payment for the services. Also his office stock of dental supplies is poor causing Customer inconveniences
in Fort Lauderdale, FL |
Dr. Stone is an extremely kind, knowledgeable and honorable Dentist. I have been to many dentists over the past few months hoping to find a reasonable solution to the possible loss of my front tooth. Dr. Stone did not try to sell or push unnecessary treatment plans. He was very focused, caring and explained my options intelligently in a way I could fully understand. He answered all my questions and spent alot of time with me. I highly recommend Dr. Stone. Thank you!!
in Fort Lauderdale, FL |
Judy did an excellent job cleaning my teeth but unfortunately, during the cleaning procedure she chipped a crown and loosened it causing it to fall out the next day. I went to see Dr. Stone and explained what had happened, instead of taking responsibility for the broken crown, he instead told me it was a coincidence that the crown fell out and blamed the dentist who fitted the crown. His attitude was gruff, defensive and confrontational. I was very disappointed.
Thank you for your review, Heidi. We appreciate your feedback. Our goal is to treat everyone that puts their confidence and trust in us with the best possible individual service available. It is highly unlikely that the failure of this crown was the result of a cleaning and I regret that we were not able to resolve the issue for you. Dr. John C. Stone, DDS
in Ft. Lauderdale Florida |
From the reception area to Dr. Stone, very professional, caring and compassionate. Having had a bad experience in the past with a previous dentist it was wonderful to go into this office and feel like I mattered. Dr. Stone took the time to explain options that are available to me and really made me feel comfortable. I cannot praise the Doctor and staff enough and have to thank them ALL for putting me at ease.
Have you seen Dr. John Stone, DDS?

Visit Dr. Stone

• Meritain Health
  • Pan American Life Insurance Group
  • Principal Life
  • Quality Health Plans
  • Security Health Plan (SHP)