Dr. John Poirier, DMD

Dr. John Poirier, DMD

Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery  ·

Dr. John Poirier, DMD is an oral & maxillofacial surgery specialist in Waterville, ME and has been practicing for 41 years. He practices oral & maxillofacial surgery and dentistry.Read his story

John P. Poirier, DMD, PA

325D Kennedy Memorial Dr

Waterville, ME 04901

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Poirier

Dr. Poirier's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Poirier "I am proud to be a dentist and to follow the path of my father and grandfather, providing each of my patients with the individualized, quality dental care that has become a tradition in my practice. I am honored to know the families in our community, and always enjoy building long-term relationships with my patients. Both Dr. O'Keefe and I have the same practice philosophy of providing conservative, comprehensive care to all our patients. Our goal is to stabilize your dental health and maintain it through patient education and preventive visits over the long term. Education and Continuing Education I completed my Undergraduate Education at the College of the Holy Cross in Worcester, MA, as a Physics Major. I then went on to Tufts Dental Schoolin Boston, where I earned my DMD. Finally, I attained my dental residency at the Eastman Dental Center in Rochester, NY. As part of my continuing dental education, I attend over 70 hours of continuing education each year. Lately, I am honored to have been selected as a CEREC® Mentor (CAD/CAM crowns) which allows me to share my knowledge and expertise with my colleagues nationwide. I vary my concentration of studies in order to provide a wide range of the highest quality care. As an active member of the American Dental Association and the Academy of General Dentistry, I have the opportunity to learn the latest methods and techniques from professionals I trust. In the Practice I have been practicing dentistry since 1977, and am passionate about what I do. I love getting to know my patients, and always strive for perfection in the dental services I provide. I am inspired on a daily basis by the kindness and appreciation of my patients, and I will only give them the highest level of care. I improve my skills continuously in order to stay at the top of my field and to provide the best technology for improving patient care. In my practice, our team is truly one of a kind. They are knowledgeable and compassionate people who are dedicated to the health and comfort of our patients. My staff is very thorough in their work, and enjoy helping our patients take care of their teeth, so they keep their beautiful, healthy smiles for a lifetime! Family and Community I grew up in Waterville, and have been a part of the Oakland community since 1987. My lovely wife, Laurie, and I are proud of our two grown sons. In my spare time, I enjoy competitive road and mountain biking, downhill skiing, hiking, kayaking, and travel. As part of our community, I helped start a low- or no-cost community dental center, which has been providing service since 2001, and I am still on the Board of Directors. I also started a dental sealant program in the Oakland school district, which has been providing free sealants for children since 1982. I serve on the Board of Directors of Carrabassett Valley Academy, and the Quarry Road Recreation Area and enjoy being able to help worthy causes to improve the health of my friends and neighbors."

This content was provided by Dr. Poirier "Our goal is to help people keep their teeth for a lifetime http://johnpoirierdmd.com/"

2  Practice Areas

• Preventive Care
  • Restoration of Dental Implants
  • Root Canal
  • Teeth Whitening

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maine.

• Tufts Dental School
    Medical School | Graduated 1977

Dr. Poirier has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Poirier has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Poirier does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Poirier and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Poirier's Reviews