Dr. John Phelps III, DDS

Dr. John Phelps III, DDS

DentistryMaleAge 58

Dr. John Phelps III, DDS is a Dentistry Practitioner in Indianapolis, IN. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Phelps III to book an appointment.

Brought to you by and on staff at

John R. Phelps DDS

Visit Website
Dr. John R. Phelps DDS MSD PC8902 N Meridian St Ste 139 Indianapolis, IN 46260

• Low Wait Times Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.
  • Trustworthy Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Dr. Phelps III' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Phelps III

Dr. Phelps III?
  • Appointment scheduling (11)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (11)
  • Explained conditions well (11)
    Had 11 dental implants done in Scottsdale, AZ and moved to Indiana 3 months later. I needed a Prosthodontist to follow up on some issues following the procedure, I called several places here and they were not very welcoming to work on a procedure done by another Dentist and absolutely refused to help me. I was on my last call of the day and when they answer the phone, I knew from talking to Anne Marie that I found the right place.
    Nikki in Avon, IN – Nov 07, 2018
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Phelps III, DDS?
    I had 2 cavities in very difficult root locations. Dr Phelps did an excellent job of numbing the affected areas. No discomfort upon injection & no pain during filling procedures. I have had fillings & crown repairs by Dr Phelps with outstanding results - his work is always 5 star!!!
    Curtis S in Indianapolis, IN – Nov 07, 2018
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Phelps III, DDS?
    To say I've had a difficult journey to achieving "the perfect smile" would be an understatement. I have had numerous surgeries, wore braces for a total of 11 years, heard countless times "this isn't an option for you," and every dental appointment I went to ended with me in tears and feeling defeated. Dr. Phelps and his staff changed all this for me. He was determined to always find a way for my difficult case and HE DID!!! I always felt like he genuinely cared and listened to what I wanted.
    Kylee in Elwood, IN – Dec 28, 2017
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Phelps III, DDS?
    Dr. Phelps is a true professional. He is caring, gentle and listens very carefully to patient needs. His work is fantastic, well beyond the average dentist. I liked Dr. Phelps because he offered more than one possible way to solve my dental problem. I went to him with a very complicated request, one that two dentists before him wouldn't even consider, claiming what I wanted was not possible. But Dr. Phelps not only said it was possible, he made it happen. I love this dentist!
    Elizabeth Maguire in Terre Haute, IN – Sep 27, 2017
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Phelps III, DDS?
    My dental experience with Dr. Phelps was truly outstanding!!! He is the friendliest and most-skilled dentist I have ever seen. You will love him!!!!
    Detroit, MI – Aug 01, 2017
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Phelps III, DDS?
    This is the kind of Dentist that you wait your whole life in hopes of finding. I wish that I could give him and his wonderful staff more than 5 stars. Not only is his work excellent, but he is soft spoken, kind and compassionate. He didn't make me feel bad about the way I had let my teeth go, and he made me fall in love with my teeth all over again. Those who have bad teeth know what I'm talking about. And he is the only dentist and staff that make my blood pressure go down when I visit.
    Linda Williams in Indianapolis, IN – Jun 02, 2017
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Phelps III, DDS?
    My overall experience at Dr. Phelps office was an excellent one. Dr. Phelps took his time and made sure I understood the options and the treatment plan for my situation. He listened and worked with me which I truly appreciated to ensure that I was happy with the result. He and his entire staffs have provided an excellent professional care. I felt relax and really enjoyed coming into his office. Thank you very much for giving me a beautiful smile. I can now smile with confidence!
    Yen Ngo in Noblesville, IN – Feb 24, 2017
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Phelps III, DDS?
    Dr. Phelps and Kirk are true artists. Ann Marie and Markita keep everything running smoothly. All were a joy to work with. I was referred to Dr. Phelps by my family dentist after he and my periodontist ran out of options to fix failing crowns (4 upper front teeth). The consultation was clear, follow-up was prompt, and expectations were set. For the next 6 months I spent quite a bit of time with Dr. Phelps and Markita. They communicated well, kept me at ease, and truly cared about the quality of
    Jackie in Indianapolis, IN – Aug 02, 2016
    ×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Phelps III, DDS?

How was your experience with Dr. Phelps III?

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Indiana

Check if Dr. Phelps III treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Phelps III' conditions and procedures:

• Broken Tooth
    • CAD-CAM Dentistry
    • Cerec® Tooth Restoration Procedure
    • Chipped Tooth
    • Composite Fillings
    • Cone Beam Computerized Tomography (CBCT)
    • Conscious Sedation
    • Digital X-Ray (CDR)
    • E4D Dentist® CAD-CAM System
    • Gingivitis
    • Gum Disease Treatment
    • Gummy Smile (Oversized Gingiva)
    • IV Sedation
    • Same-Day Dental Crowns
    • Sedation
    • Sedation Endodontics
    • Simple Tooth Extractions
    • Sirona Galileos Cone Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT)
    • Teeth Extraction
    • Tooth Demineralization
    • Tooth Discoloration
    • Tooth Preparation for Dental Crown
    • Upper Dentures

Dr. Phelps III accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Phelps III has indicated that he accepts most major insurance carriers

(317) 886-3340Find providers who accept this insurance

Dental problems are personal and vary from person to person. There may be the physical pain of a toothache, the inability to enjoy certain foods, or the...Read more

Dr. John R Phelps graduated from Indiana University School of Dentistry in 1989 and received his Masters of Science in Dentistry with a Certificate in...Read more

• Endodontics

1992
    Masters of Science in Dentistry with a Certificate in Post Graduate Study in Prosthodontics