Dr. John Mitakides, DDS

Dr. John Mitakides, DDS

Dentistry  ·
Dr. John Mitakides, DDS is a dentistry practitioner in Beavercreek, OH and has been practicing for 45 years. He graduated from Ohio State University / College Of Dentistry in 1974 and practices dentistry.

2141 N Fairfield Rd Ste A

Beavercreek, OH 45431

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Ohio

Check if Dr. Mitakides treats your condition or procedure

• Teeth Extraction
  • Tooth Abrasion
  • Tooth Attrition
  • Tooth Demineralization

We believe in working with patients to assure a treatment program for lasting results. Much of our practice is centered on craniofacial pain, including TMJ related to Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome. We take time, listen to our patients, and provide gentle, caring dental treatment in a family-oriented setting.

Fellow, The American Academy Of Craniofacial Pain

3.8

Dr. Mitakides?
Dr. Mitakides' Performance
What People Say About Dr. John Mitakides, DDS
Similar to many others, I spent a lot of money (~$2500) for TMJ relief before I accepted that his treatments were doing me more harm than good. The high-pressure sales techniques should have been a red flag. Do your research and make sure you find someone who knows what they are doing.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Mitakides, DDS?
Absolutely love Dr. Mitakides and his staff! Very caring individuals with lots of experience. Whenever I call in with mouth pain they get me in right away. I have had to call Dr Mitakides on weekends and in the evenings and he always answers my calls. He even came in one evening to treat my husband. Can’t say enough good things about him and his practice!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Mitakides, DDS?
My experience with him was awful! Made my condition worse as he tried to adjust my neck, like a chiropractor tho he's a dentist. When I told him I was not seeing improvement after 7 months of seeing him, he suggested other expensive routes to try with him, like Botox injections and another appliance, both $1,500 a piece I spent $3,000 before giving up. Now suffering from worse pain and pinched nerve in my neck. Do not see this Dr!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Mitakides, DDS?
- Exceptionally expensive ($450 new patient fee, $1500 for dental appliance, and $100 copay for follow up visits) - Most of my follow up appointments for pain/problems/adjustments needed lasted 5-10 minutes but still had a $100 copay. - Dr. Mitakides often didn't answer my questions. - When my pain didn't get any better, he didn't give me any recommendations on where to go next, nor did he offer any type of partial refund. - Very slow at filling out paperwork
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Mitakides, DDS?
Awesome Doctor. Best expert nationwide in TMJ disorders and related conditions. Warm welcoming office and staff. Highly recommend. You will not be disapointed!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Mitakides, DDS?
Very helpful and knowledgable. His technique has helped me be in much less pain and helped me understand my condition better as a whole.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Mitakides, DDS?
If you are suffering from TMJ do not treat the condition with out thorough research. there's been no scientific evidence supporting any treatment plans being successful dr. Mitakides is very overpriced and I didn't receive any successful results with treatment. In fact made the condition worse.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Mitakides, DDS?
I had a very bad experience with Dr. John Mitakides. I would not recommend him to ANYONE. I went to him because he was a 'TMJ SPECIALIST. I really feel he was only interested in taking my money, of which I paid him approx. $3000 through the Care Credit credit card that I felt pressured to take out because Dr. Mitakides had to be paid upfront and dental insurance paid nothing and I was desperate for help because I was in that much pain. He did NOTHING to help me and misdiagnosed me completely.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. John Mitakides, DDS?

How was your experience with Dr. Mitakides?