Dr. John Merrill, DDS

Dr. John Merrill, DDS

Dentistry  |

Dr. John Merrill was raised in Michigan. He is the youngest of five children. His father was a chemical engineer who in his 30's became a full-time Methodist minister. His mother was a full-time mother and homemaker who went into social work devoting her focus to helping victims of domestic violence. She even wrote much of today's social work training curriculum for the state of Michigan. Dr. Merrill is a graduate of Western Michigan University and the University of Michigan. He practiced for 25 years in the northern lakeside community of Charlevoix, Michigan where he was devoted to his patients, his church, and his five children: three of which are adopted. He, his wife Natalie and six of their eight blended children moved to North Carolina in 2008 where Dr. Merrill was hired as medical director for Carolinas Center for Oral Health and to head up a multi-specialty dental practice as part of the Carolinas Healthcare System. He served there for over 5 years treating patients and leading their organization in the highest patient satisfaction scores. Dr. Merrill and Natalie are nearly empty nesters now and are very excited to be opening NorthStar Dentistry for Adults. He is a nationally recognized clinician treating many dentists as patients throughout his career. He truly loves being a dentist and a devoted husband, father, and grandfather.

Northstar Dentistry for Adults

9735 Kincey Ave Ste 206

Huntersville, NC 28078

Learn about Dr. Merrill

We make sure that your comfort is our top priority!

We are changing the way people think about the dentist! By focusing on your comfort during your visit with us, we are able to better treat your smile and help you have a positive experience.

• Soothing aromas and office decor
  • Brand-new state-of-the-art facility
  • Creature comforts such as headphones and a beverage bar
  • Team is focused on you!

Video

• Root Canal
  • Teeth Extraction
  • Teeth Whitening
  • Tooth-Conserving Dentistry

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

• Western Michigan University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • University of Michigan / School of Dentistry
    Medical School | Graduated

Dr. Merrill has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Merrill has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Merrill does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Merrill and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Merrill's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Merrill to family and friends
Dr. Merrill's Performance
in Huntersville, NC |
Extraordinary Dental Practice! Environment, attitude, the knowledge that the support staff has and above all trusting a dentist are the most important reason I chose NORTHSTAR DENTISTRY. Every single person in their office is genuinely there to make you the reason they are practicing dentistry. I didn't feel like a patient who doesn't floss, I felt like a person who got excellent dental care.
Apex, NC |
Excellent experience here at Northstar Dentistry. Upon my first visit they did a very thorough examination and described exactly what they were doing and looking for then what they actually do find In detail. Very friendly staff and very personable. I felt very comfortable and that I was in very good hands with knowledgeable staff. Love this place and will definitely be going back!
in Concord, NC |
Dr. Merrill and his staff are attentive and responsive to not only your dental needs but your overall health and wellness. Their care extends beyond the appointment by their outreach to ensure you're recovering well from any treatment. It's great to feel like a part of Dr. Merrill's family and not like just a patient. Thank you Dr. Merrill and team!
in Charlotte, NC |
NorthStar Dentistry Astonishes Again! Not one for liking to go to the Dentist. And though this appt was just a scheduled checkup and cleaning, I still was a bit nervous and not wanting to be there. The Dental Hygienist Jillian was simply the best. Not only did she make me feel relaxed, but also was the most comfortable teeth cleaning that I have received. Normally after a cleaning I can really feel it for a couple of hours, this time my mouth felt the same as when I arrived. Thanks!!!
Very professional and knowledgable. I had a great expierence.
in Huntersville, NC |
Today was my first visit, and it was a great one! Glad I read all the reviews by other happy patients, now I know this practice lives up to its 5 star reviews!
Today I was in for my 6 month hygiene appt. My appt was at 5p. After a long day at the office I was greeted with a refreshing beverage?? Dr. Merrill and his staff are alway professional and welcoming. I refer everyone to Northstar!
in Charlotte |
Fantastic as it has been with every visit I've had.
Have you seen Dr. John Merrill, DDS?

Visit Dr. Merrill