Dr. John Guijon, DDS

Dr. John Guijon, DDS

Pediatric Dentistry  ·

Dr. John Guijon, DDS is a pediatric dentistry practitioner in Huntington Beach, CA and has been practicing for 21 years. He practices pediatric dentistry, dentistry, and more.Read his story

Surf City Pediatric Dentistry

18700 Main St Ste 210

Huntington Beach, CA 92648

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Ameritas
  • Guardian
  • Principal Financial Group

Learn about Dr. Guijon

Dr. Guijon's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Guijon "John A. Guijon, DDS I am very passionate about helping others, and I feel incredibly blessed to be in a profession where I am able to improve the lives of children by providing them with exceptional oral health care. For the past 15 years, I have enjoyed the reward found in knowing that I am doing my best to help children receive the high level of care that their oral health deserves and needs.When I decided long ago that I wanted to be a dentist, I knew that it would be the perfect way for me to combine my passion for helping others with my skillful and knowledgeable abilities. Every day that I have spent practicing has been a blessing, and I am eager for the many years of providing gentle, effective, and rewarding dental care to the little patients in my chair. Education and Continuing Education To become a dentist, I received my Doctorate of Dental Surgery from UCLA. I then completed my specialty training in pediatric dentistry at the Ostrow School of Dentistry of USC. I believe that my patients deserve only the best, and in order to provide this to them, I spend many hours each year continuing my education through various courses, seminars, and study clubs so that I am able to utilize the latest and most advanced technologies and treatments. Some of the areas of study I’ve completed are in basic life support, Pediatric Advanced Life Support, Oral Conscious Sedation Certification, the California Pedodontic Research Conference, and Scientific Sessions in the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, California Society of Pediatric Dentistry, and the California Dental Association. Professional Affiliations American Dental Association California Dental Association Orange County Dental Society American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry California Society of Pediatric Dentistry Dr. John Guijon on Google+Dr. John Guijon on Healthgrades My active membership in these professional affiliations is another important way that allows me to stay at the forefront of all the advances in trends, treatments, and techniques within pediatric dentistry. In the Community Outside of the office, I enjoy giving back to my community in various ways. I have been on the Ostrow School of Dentistry of USC teaching staff as a volunteer Associate Clinical Professor since 1998. I enjoy teaching and properly training the next generation of pediatric dentists. I have also been working for Healthy Smiles for Kids of Orange County, a non-profit organization, since 2006 as a Hospitalist Dentist and Attending Dentist, where I am able to provide dental care for low-income families in my community. I grew up in Anaheim, California, and I have been a native of Orange County for my entire life. I am married to the most wonderful woman I know, and she completes me in every way possible. She is my support, my rock, and my best friend. Together we have been blessed with three children, Cristina, Andrew, and Isabella, and they each make life fun and adventurous. Of course, our family wouldn’t be complete without mentioning our Golden Retriever, Sasha. When not in the office, you can often find me involved in my children’s activities, such as YMCA Indian Princess, Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, and various sports and extra-curricular activities. As a family, we enjoy spending as much time as we can together, whether it’s playing board games, bicycle riding, hiking, going to the beach, or doing small local trips on the weekend."

This content was provided by Dr. Guijon "Since 2000, Dr. John A. Guijon and his friendly, caring, and gentle staff have been providing the littlest smiles of the Huntington Beach, Fountain Valley, and Westminster, California communities with nothing but the most compassionate and child-friendly dental care available. With complete focus on giving your child the attention and dental care that he or she deserves, we do our best to make sure your child is comfortable, relaxed, and excited to be visiting us."

4  Practice Areas

• Stained Teeth
  • Teething
  • Tooth Damage
  • Tooth Demineralization

No malpractice history found for California.

• California State University Fullerton
  • Ostrow School Of Dentistry Of Usc
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1997
  • UCLA School Of Dentistry
    Other Education | Completed 1995

Dr. Guijon has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Guijon has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Guijon does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Guijon and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Request an Appointment