Dr. John Bacon, DDS

Dr. John Bacon, DDS

Dentistry  |
Dr. John Bacon, DDS is a dentist who practices in Flagstaff, AZ. He is 57 years old and has been practicing for 31 years. Read his story

323 N Leroux St Ste 100

Flagstaff, AZ 86001

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Bacon

Dr. Bacon's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Bacon "Born in California and graduated from Bellflower High School Married my lovely wife Victoria in 1982 Moved to Flagstaff in 1987 and started practicing dentistry with skilled senior dentist Dr. Ward Became a father to best daughter ever Claire in 1993 Moved to 323 Leroux St. in 2015 Brought in awesome young dentist Dr. Brad Lerud in 2016"

This content was provided by Dr. Bacon "Dr. John Bacon has been serving Flagstaff, Arizona as a local dentist for over 20 years. First opened in 1987, Dr. Bacon's office has been a long term home for an experienced, friendly staff, a comfortable atmosphere, and satisfied customers throughout the neighborhood. Come and visit us we make your dental visit as gentle and as comfortable as possible. With a bachelor degree in chemistry from the University of Pacific in 1982, and as a graduate from the University of Minnesota's School of Dentistry in 1986, Dr. Bacon is fully qualified to meet all of your dental/hygiene related needs."

• Dental Hygiene

• Implant-Supported Bridge
  • Periodontal Exam
  • Porcelain Veneers
  • Teeth Whitening

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• University Of The Pacific
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1982
  • University Of Minnesota Medical School
    Medical School | Graduated 1986

Dr. Bacon has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Bacon has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Bacon does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bacon and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Bacon's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bacon to family and friends
Dr. Bacon's Performance
Flagstaff, AZ |
Was disappointed that a student from NAU observed without anyone asking me a new patient if that was ok with me. I was already nervous about a new dentist.
in Flagstaff, AZ |
Dr. Bacon was very kind and caring, and he took my problem seriously! He made my experience as painless as possible considering that my tooth was in massive amounts of pain. I would recommend him to any family or friends; I really feel like I was treated like family. Thank you Dr. Bacon!
in Flagstaff, AZ |
I always have a GREAT experience when I go there... I'd recommend them to anyone!
in Flagstaff, AZ |
I always feel comfortable with the team at Flagstaff Downtown Dental! They all do a great job and they are all a lot of fun as well :)
Gilbert, AZ |
Wonderful staff! Went above and beyond to care for me when I was in so much pain.
in Flagstaff, AZ |
Very kind and caring staff and Dr. Bacon eased all my dental fears. I can honestly say I enjoy going to the dentist!! I am so glad I found him.
in Flagstaff |
You have no idea what a blessing this practice is for folks with real dentist anxiety. Everyone and everything is so calming and kind. Its almost like I don't have dentist anxiety any more. Thank you guys so much!
Cottonwood, AZ |
With a good vibrant staff, expect less than stellar dental care.
in Flagstaff, AZ |
Dental Hygienist Jamie was amazingly professional and thorough. Thanks for the great cleaning!
in Flagstaff, AZ |
Good dental environment. Very clean. Love the employees, always nice and greeting! Dr. bacon is a funny chatter! Makes the drilling tolerable! ??????
in Hilton Head, SC |
I live out of town and came as an emergency patient. Excellent front staff. Very helpful and accommodating. Dr. Bacon was extremely professional and competent and answered all of my questions. I am very grateful to have been a patient. Thank you very much.
in Flagstaff, AZ |
I love his office staff, Dr.Bacon is the best dentist in town. Thank you for your service...
in Flagstaff AZ |
Amazing care provided by the dentists and hygienist Stevie. As a long time resident of Flagstaff, I transferred to Dr. Bacon as a new patient and am so grateful that I did. Thank you so much for the care and excellence that you all provide to your patients- it shows!
in Flagstaff, AZ |
I have just recently gotten out of working in the dental industry and the work I wanted done was not done and it is something I am very self contentious about, I got into Dr. Bacon's office right away and I am so excited to get the process started and have my teeth beautiful before the wedding!!
in Cornville, AZ |
Patient of Dr. Lerud: very impressed and appreciative of the thorough and professional procedures as well as super friendly staff. As a 7 decade long dental patient in a number of cities, I'm happy to say the cleaning and consultation today was THE most thorough I've ever experienced. Thank you Dr. Lerud and Keen.
in Flagstaff, AZ |
Dr. Bacon has an incredible skill set and knowledge along with a calm, laid back style and friendly manner. I have perfect confidence in his diagnostics and work. It is obvious that there are high expectations for everyone who works in this practice. I have already recommended Dr. Bacon to several friends and family. I also enthusiastically commend his staff - from the very competent and friendly ladies behind the front desk and the dental hygienists who do the cleaning. Stevie is amazing!
in Flagstaff, AZ |
I will definitely recommend my family and friends to Dr. Bacon - he's very capable and has an excellent practice.
in Las Cruces, New Mexico |
I drove 9 hours to see Dr. Bacon. He is excellent and very kind.
in Flagstaff, AZ |
It's really worth the long distance I have to travel to see Dr. Bacon!
Flagstaff, AZ |
My family and I have been going to Dr. Bacon for about 25 years, this includes grandchildren now! He is always professional, punctual, kind, and honest. His staff has also always been respectful and courteous. I enjoy his respect for my time.
Flagstaff, AZ |
Always start my appointment on time and with the same Hygienist to build that sense of rapport. I have had nothing but good experiences here.
in Flagstaff, AZ |
Dr. Bacon is awesome! So are all of the staff.
in Flagstaff, AZ |
This is the best dental office in all of Flagstaff.
in Flagstaff, AZ |
This was my first visit with Dr. Bacon and his staff. Let me say that it was the most pleasant environment I have ever seen in a dentist's office. Hadley and the rest of the staff were friendly and courteous. Dr. Bacon solved my dental problem very quickly and spent time to answer in full all my questions and concerns. I was impressed that I received a statement of the cost of services for my next appointment. That's good information to have ! Highly recommend this dentist and office.
in Flagstaff, AZ |
Dr. Bacon makes dental procedures as painless as possible; he even knows how to hide the needle when giving me a shot, thus keeping me in the chair. I'm grateful to Bridget for keeping my teeth and gums healthy and happy.. I've been a patient for over twenty years.
Flagstaff, AZ |
I have been actively seeking out a dentist for quite the amount of time, and upon scheduling an appointment and going to the office I was greeted with instant professionalism. There is a very welcoming and outgoing vibe that surrounds this office and I would recommend it to anyone. They were very concise when thoroughly explaining the answers to any and all questions that I had.
in Flagstaff, AZ |
This office has been amazing!! My husband and I have seen both Dr. Bacon and Dr. Lerud and had positive experiences each time. Wish we would have started here several years ago! Jessica in the front office is very knowledgeable when it comes to working with insurance and has always been helpful with referrals. Thank you for all you do. Thanks to Bridgett for cleaning my teeth today! You always make me feel comfortable and it was nice to visit with you too.
in Flagstaff, AZ |
Dr. Bacon is an excellent dentist. He takes his time to talk to you and answer any questions. I would 100% recommend him to be your dentist!
in Flagstaff, AZ |
Bridgette is gentle and sweet to talk to, but also she shares professional information to encourage me in maintaining dental health. Dr Bacon is very thorough and fun! The girls at the desk make me feel as if they have known me welcome me. The building is an interesting and beautiful FLAGSTAFF treasure.
in Flagstaff, AZ |
My husband and I have both been patients of Dr. Bacon's for years and have always had great experiences. I brought my four year old for her check up today and the office is really just as kid friendly. She saw his colleague for her check up--he and the hygienist were both awesome. Highly recommend for all ages.
in Flagstaff, AZ |
Everyone in the office from the receptionists, hygienists, to the dentist have always provided exceptional and friendly service. Highly recommended!
in Flagstaff, AZ |
Dr Bacon is very calm, kind to not only his patients but his employees and gives painless shots. His dental hygienist, Bridgette, is excellent. It's a very friendly office!
in Flagstaff, AZ |
I was late and the ladies at the front desk were more than patient with me, knew who I was and checked me in. I waited maybe 2 minutes before I was taken back and the woman cleaning my teeth remembered everything we talked about during my last visit and was extremely thorough. I can't wait to go back, they really care.
in Flagstaff, AZ |
For the last 2 years I've been going to Dr. Bacon and his staff are very friendly and the office has a relaxed atmosphere. He is gentle and gives very clear professional opinion, recommendations for care or treatments when needed. I'd recommend Dr Bacon and staff for your dental needs.
Livingston, NJ |
Excellent as usual. Staff is phenomenal as well!!!
in Flagstaff, AZ |
I was referred to Dr. Bacon's office 2 years ago. I am 45 and never had such an amazing, positive experience at the dentist! Who knew? I love Dr. bacon, Leslie, Angel and all the staff there. Thank you all you're super fantastic!
Flagstaff, AZ |
I just switched to Dr. Bacon after 10 years with a different Flagstaff dentist. It's been an utter pleasure interacting with Dr. Bacon and his staff. I'm surprised at how much a relief this is, as I was becoming tired of being a patient patient of my previous dentist. Dr. Bacon fixed three teeth today, and it was a fine experience, with no pain. I like how convenient his location is, and being in a modern and clean facility.
in Pinon, AZ |
Everyone is super considerate. My first visit went really well, but because of scheduling, I couldn't see the same person on my next visit. I was worried, because she did such a great job, but the next one was just as great (Stevie)! You don't have to be picky or hope for the same person to see you each time, they're all wonderful.
Flagstaff, AZ |
I have been with Dr. Bacon for a long time and he does excellent work. His entire staff of hygienists are all excellent as well:)
in Flagstaff, AZ |
Dr. Lerude (?) did a filling for me and everything went great. Second time going to this office and both times have been excellent.
in Flagstaff, AZ |
For the past 13years my daughter and myself have had trusted and compassionate care at Dr.Bacon's office. It was very important to me to have a dentist that works well with children. My daughter has never said anything bad with her dental experience.
in Flagstaff, AZ |
I have been going to Dr. Bacon and his staff for over 12 years. There is a reason I have looked no further. Everyone in the office is friendly, courteous and professional. I enjoy talking and dealing with everyone at Dr. Bacon's office. The care I receive is second to none. Just the best place to go for dental. Truly great place and people. Thank you.
in Cottonwood, AZ |
As the biggest dental scaredy cat ever, I can tell you that Dr Bacon and his staff are awesome. I've been going there for many years, and even after all kinds of major dental work it only gets easier. He's the best!
in Mesa, Az |
Dr. Bacon and his staff made time the same day I called to see me when I had an emergency. He determined I needed to see an endodontist and made an apt for me for the next morning. I am not a full time resident of Flagstaff, but was treated very well.
in Flagstaff, AZ |
Awesome, didn't feel a thing and the staff is informative and accomodating
Flagstaff, AZ |
Attention to detail. Willing to spend all the time necessary to explain anything going on
in Flagstaff, AZ |
Dr. Bacon knows what he's doing. I've been to his office a couple of times and I have no complaints. Staff is welcoming.
in Flagstaff, AZ |
Best office in Flagstaff! Best cleanings, best staff. I recommend them to everyone I know.
Have you seen Dr. John Bacon, DDS?
Are you Dr. Bacon?

Visit Dr. Bacon

Dr. Bacon accepts 2 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Hospitals where Dr. Bacon has admitting privileges