Dr. Joel Piehl, DDS

Periodontics | Male

Dr. Joel Piehl, DDS
Dr. Joel Piehl, DDS is a dentist who practices in Los Angeles, CA. He is 77 years old. Dr. Piehl is affiliated with Cedars - Sinai Medical Center.

Learn about this dentist

Dr. Piehl's Care Philosophy

As a Periodontist I always consider what I would do for my family and myself regarding treatment for my patients. That is why I highly recommend patients seek a compassionate and experienced expert in the specific dental field of need. A specialist such as a Periodontist, has had 2 additional years of graduate work that prepares one for challenges found within that speciality. However, any specialist needs the patient's regular dentist as a partner and I work very closely with all referring dentists so patients can maintain that relationship while receiving treatment from my specialty practice.

Dr. Piehl's Experience

Visiting Dr. Piehl

Dr. Piehl accepts 11 insurance carriers

Dr. Piehl is now accepting new patients
Joel J. Piehl DDS, Inc.9201 W Sunset Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90069
(310) 274-1428Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Piehl has admitting privileges.

Dr. Piehl's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Piehl to family and friends
based on 2 total reviews
Dr. Piehl's Performance
Dr. Piehl Says:

Have you seen Dr. Joel Piehl, DDS?
Are you Dr. Piehl?

Compare Dr. Piehl

Compare this Dentist
View other dentists with similar experience to find the right dentist for you.

Dr. Piehl's Care Philosophy

As a Periodontist I always consider what I would do for my family and myself regarding treatment for my patients.  That is why I highly recommend patients seek a compassionate and experienced expert in the specific dental field of need. A specialist such as a Periodontist, has had 2 additional years of graduate work that prepares one for challenges found within that speciality. However, any specialist needs the patient's regular dentist as a partner and I work very closely with all referring dentists so patients can maintain that relationship while receiving treatment from my specialty practice.

My practice specializes in:

• Non-surgical treatment options
    • Pinhole Surgical Technique for gum recession is a minimally invasive option for treating gum recession. Incision and suture free.
    • Dental Implants to restore the look and function of your teeth by replacing missing or severely damaged teeth
    • Comprehensive Periodontal care to prevent the #1 reason for tooth loss
    • Drug free headache and TMJ treatment to relieve discomfort of chronic facial and neck pain as well as recurring headaches

My practice also includes:

• Extended hygiene care and maintenance
    • Oral cancer screening

Dr. Piehl says...

We provide care for Millennial and older adults with great results. 10% of 20-84 have some kind of gum disease that leads to tooth loss. 37% of adults suffer from headaches.

• Dental Implants A synthetic tooth root in the shape of a post is surgically placed into the jawbone. This "Permanent" tooth is more stable and feels like natural teeth.
    • The Chao Pinhole Surgical Technique™ A minimally invasive option for treating gum recession that is incision and suture free, showing great results almost immediately.
    • Regeneration Restoration of bone and tissue supporting the teeth lost due to severe gum disease. Depending on your situation, we may then perform a bone graft to stimulate new bone growth, or place a special kind of protein that stimulates tissue growth to repair the destroyed areas.
    • Scaling and Root Planing  A technique-sensitive procedure that uses a combination of sonic, ultrasonic, and hand instruments.
    • Chemotherapeutic Irrigation The direct delivery of an antibacterial or antimicrobial solution into an infected area.
    • Direct Delivery of Antibiotics Placement of antibiotics into the infected area or areas. These antibiotic containing vehicles remain in the infected site for several days exerting their effect.
    • TruDenta Chronic Headaches, migraine, face and jaw pain, TMJ/TMD, tinnitus (ringing in the ears) and other dental force related symptoms.

Dr. Piehl says...

We have received many positive reviews from many sites but all have one thing in common. Most patients feel I go out of my way to be honest with them; to treat each patient as an individual; to value their time and concerns; to save their teeth if possible; to care for them the way I would care for my family.  My wonderfully dedicated staff emulates the same philosophy.  That is why we welcome, no encourage, patients to and potential patients to call with questions or concerns.

Dr. Piehl's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Periodontics

No malpractice history found for California.

• Loose Teeth

Graduated in 1960

University Of Southern California / School Of Dentistry

Graduated in 1964

• Other Education
      Chau Pinhole Surgical Technique (Tm)

Completed in 2013

Trudenta Headache Pain Relief

Completed in 2011

University Of Washington / School Of Dentistry

Completed in 1970

• Farsi
    • German
    • Ilocano

Dr. Piehl does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Piehl and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Periodontics