Dr. Joel Martinez, DDS

Dr. Joel Martinez, DDS

Orthodontics  ·

Dr. Joel Martinez, DDS is an orthodontics practitioner in Mcallen, TX and has been practicing for 41 years. He practices orthodontics and orthodontics & dentofacial orthopedics.Read his story

Joel Martinez DDS Specialist in Orthodontics

600 N Main St

Mcallen, TX 78501

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Martinez

Dr. Martinez's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Martinez "I have had the honor to work in the field of orthodontics for more than 30 years, providing my friends and neighbors in my community with great smiles. From my humble beginnings with one office, I am proud to have expanded my practice to four offices around the Rio Grande Valley to better serve the surrounding communities. I strive to provide my patients with the most comfortable and efficient treatment possible with kindness, integrity, and respect. EDUCATION I earned my Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) and Specialty in Orthodontics degrees from the University of Texas Dental Branch in Houston. In order to keep up with the newest and best orthodontics has to offer, I continue my education yearly through courses and seminars, ensuring that my patients receive the best care possible. PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS American Association of Orthodontists American Dental Association Southwestern Society of Orthodontists Rio Grande Valley District Dental Society Orthodontic Study Club IN THE COMMUNITY I am an orthodontist who places importance on community, and I have a history of giving my time, energy, and resources to organizations that extend beyond orthodontic care. I am a Partner in Excellence to elementary schools and sponsor students who attend the National Hispanic Institute. I am a member of the McAllen Chamber of Commerce and have served as a board member for several local organizations. I also participate in Dentists Who Care and was recently recognized as a Top Contributor to the organization. All of this comes naturally to me because I’m not just your orthodontist; I’m your friend and neighbor, too. OUTSIDE THE OFFICE My wife, Norma, and I have four children: Christopher, Michael, Vanessa, and Matthew. Christopher and Vanessa pursued careers in dentistry and, to my great pleasure, joined me in private practice. After work, I retreat to my man cave to pick up 60lb dumbbells in order to consistently prove I am still the strongest man in the office. I enjoy spending spare time traveling with my family to various hiking trails in the Rockies of Colorado, cruises to the Caribbean islands for fun in the sun, and road trips to the various casinos outside of Las Vegas for a real gambling experience. I am passionate about living life to the fullest, and learning from past experiences. As a Christian, I attend Bible Study weekly, pray before every meal, and start every occasion asking myself, “What would Jesus do?”"

This content was provided by Dr. Martinez "Our patients always come first!

As a patient you can count on receiving top quality orthodontic care from an orthodontist who genuinely cares about you! Dr. Martinez is concerned with patient comfort and satisfaction and offers a variety of treatment options that are tailored specifically to the individual needs and desired results of each patient."

2  Practice Areas

• Dental Crowding
  • Dental Spacing
  • Gaps Between Teeth
  • Gingivitis
  • Malocclusion (Bad Bite)
  • Misaligned Teeth
  • Tooth Attrition
  • Underbite

• University of Texas / Dental Branch
    Medical School | Graduated 1977

Dr. Martinez has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Martinez has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Martinez does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Martinez and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Martinez's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Martinez to family and friends

Dr. Martinez's Performance

I have had my 3 kids see Dr. Martinez. His staff is very professional and extremely friendly. There is practically NO wait time which is awesome. I love Dr. Martinez attitude. He is so positive, gets along well with his patients and is very honest. I wish all of the doctor's offices were run...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Professional, friendly, caring Dr. and staff! Clean and inviting atmosphere! I LOVE it!!!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option