Dr. Joe Freeman, DDS

Dr. Joe Freeman, DDS

Dentistry  ·
Dr. Joe Freeman, DDS is a dentistry practitioner in Tyler, TX. He graduated from Baylor College Of Dentistry and practices dentistry.Read his story

1520 Rice Rd Ste 100

Tyler, TX 75703

• Dental Network of America
  • MetLife

Learn about Dr. Freeman

Dr. Freeman's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Freeman "I became a doctor because I didn't want to be poor the rest of my life. My mother was a single mom without a high school education. She worked for a doctor and he seemed rich, well respected and most of all he did so by helping people. It seemed like a no-brainer to me...I was never going to inherit any wealth from my family but if I applied myself and worked hard, studied hard then I could achieve some status in the community. I worked my way through college and dental school doing every job that I could find. I drove trucks, worked on the freight docks, worked in hospital pharmacies, blood banks, and construction. What a wonderful experience it was to learn that the profession I had chosen as a route out of poverty was a perfect fit. I love working with my hands and I love helping people. Because of my background I tend to relate to blue collar, hardworking people more so than I do wealthy people. I've been there and I know what struggle feels like. When I completed dental school I did a General Practice Residency at the US Naval hospital, Camp Pendleton, California. I then served aboard the USS Sperry for two years as dental officer and as assistant navigator. When I began private practice I continued with my habit of studying everyday (a habit I still have) the next level of scholastic accomplishment was the pursuit of a Fellowship in the Academy of General Dentistry. It required 500 hours of continuing education and the taking of a written exam over the 16 areas of dentistry. The adding of the letters FAGD behind my name was really a proud moment in my life. Patients have no idea what does letters mean but my colleagues and I do. I have practiced for 40 plus years that's a lot of experience. I have had the privilege of serving as program chairman and President of the East Texas Dental Society. I have presented educational programs to our local dental society on: Management of TMJ Cosmetic procedures Prevention of post-operative sensitivity Nutritional considerations in dentistry And I have been asked to write articles for the East Texas Dental Society newsletter on "prevention of post-operative pain" and "nutrition and oral microbiomes in relationship to prevention of decay." On a personal level I have eclectic hobbies. My wife and I are ballroom dancers, I am a level 1 instructor in sporting clays, I'm a thousand yard rifle shooter, I teach cooking classes to men on the paleo diet, I'm an artist I do metal sculptures and paint."

This content was provided by Dr. Freeman "First of all - treat the patients' chief concern. Do so as minimally invasive as possible.

My view is that you're good at something because you like it or you like it because you're good at it. I like what I do and having practiced as long as I have I've seen lots of stuff. I also believe people have a short attention span. Therefore I've distilled my explanations into short, easily understood stories."

1  Practice Areas

• Baylor College Of Dentistry
    Medical School | Graduated
  • Us Naval Hosp
    Internship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Freeman has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Freeman has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Freeman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Freeman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Freeman's Reviews

Be the first to leave a review

Dr. Freeman?

How was your experience with Dr. Freeman?