Dr. Jill Bailey, DDS

Dr. Jill Bailey, DDS

Orthodontics  ·
Female  ·

Dr. Jill Bailey, DDS is an orthodontics practitioner in Washington, DC and has been practicing for 8 years. She practices orthodontics.Read her story

Orchin Orthodontics

5301 Wisconsin Ave NW Ste 200

Washington, DC 20015

• DenteMax
  • United Concordia

Learn about Dr. Bailey

Dr. Bailey's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Bailey "Born in 1974 to a nurse and a mechanical engineer in Minnesota, with an older brother who is also a mechanical engineer, I think I was genetically predisposed to become an orthodontist. I grew up loving math, biology, and physics, and taking care of people, which is essentially the definition of orthodontics! I promise I will take excellent care of you. I graduated from dental school in 2000, and then practiced as a general dentist is Minnesota for eight years prior to deciding to specialize in orthodontics right here in DC. After two additional years in residency at Washington Hospital Center, where I then served as faculty for five years, this small-town girl officially transitioned to life in the big city. Dr. Orchin and I were married in 2013, and our blended family consists of his children, Max and Leo, and our new baby boy Evan! When I’m not working, I’m constantly moving. I adore dogs, and am passionate about dog rescue programs. I miss my beloved dogs Roxy and Izzy and will add more dogs to our family once my son gets a little older! I also work out, and you may find it interesting (and surprising after you meet me) that my cousins are World Power Lifting champions and have competed in Strongman competitions, and my uncle was a Green Bay Packer in the first two Super Bowls! (Sorry, but I am a Packers fan!) I love to cook, including homemade pizza dough, bagels, and pasta. I enjoy scuba diving, fishing, snow and water skiing, traveling, and losing myself in a good book. Oh, and I’m a bit of a fearless adventure seeker! A PASSION FOR ORTHODONTICS I live and breathe orthodontics. Being married to Dr. Orchin, it is rare for us not be “talking teeth.” I love what I do and continue to set ever higher standards for myself and our practice. I enjoy working with different patient personalities, lifestyles, and goals. No two patients are the same, and with every visit I get to use my creativity to marry the science and artistry into delivering their unique treatment. It keeps me challenged and inspired. I am a perfectionist. With 10 years of general dentistry experience prior to becoming a specialist in orthodontics, I understand the short- and long-term effects of a healthy, well-balanced mouth. I work hard to design beautiful smiles that match faces, with close attention to a healthy, functional, protective bite. It’s all in the details. I love making my patients happy. That’s what it is all about for me: it’s my job to make people smile, while making that smile stunning. I want to be a bright spot in their day. If I can make a child laugh, a teenager grin, or an adult’s day a little brighter, it brings me great happiness. Patients end their treatment with amazing and healthy smiles I know will last them a lifetime (if they wear their retainers!), due to the attention that has been given to function and balance. I hope that I am a positive influence for all my patients: in my attitude, unwavering commitment to excellence and honesty, and a sprinkling of Minnesota-nice humor. MY EDUCATION AND COMMITMENT TO CONTINUING EDUCATION Undergraduate degree – University of Minnesota Doctorate of Dental Surgery – University of Minnesota Orthodontic specialist training – Washington Hospital Center and Children’s National Medical Center I’m active in numerous, ongoing continuing education programs. I co-lead the the Spear Study Club and am on the specialist advisory board of the Seattle Study Club. These are both groups of dentists and specialists in the local area who work together to develop better communication and treatment planning, and continually raise the bar to provide our patients with the best outcomes. I’m also a proud member of the Schulman Study Group, which is a national study club, by invitation only, of the top 125 practices in the country. General dentists and specialists each have an exceptional vision in their own area. It is critical, when treating patients, that we have excellent communication and a greater depth of understanding of the other team members and what they can do. When we work together, with a shared vision, the patient wins! PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS American Association of Orthodontists American Dental Association District of Columbia Dental Society Schulman Study Group Seattle Study Club: Greater Washington Academy of Dental Studies Specialist Advisory Board Spear Study Club Maimonides Dental Society "

This content was provided by Dr. Bailey "Our goal is to exceed your expectations. We offer an unsurpassed quality of care in a caring, and friendly environment. Our goal is to make you smile! We pride ourselves in going the extra mile for our patients. From offering the earliest appointment times to help you avoid missing work, or your children from missing school, to making it our goal to keep on schedule to not waste your valuable time, we always put our patients first. We are known for our exceptional results, and exceptional care. Experience the Orchin difference. We are Top 1% Invisalign Providers in the country.  Our office is friendly, warm, relaxed and built on building beautiful and healthy smiles. We look forward to getting to know you. Please call us to see how we can help!"

1  Practice Areas

• Crossbite
  • Dental Crowding
  • Dental Spacing
  • Gaps Between Teeth
  • Malocclusion (Bad Bite)
  • Misaligned Teeth

• Dental X-Ray
  • Invisalign®
  • Invisible Dental Braces
  • Nightguard
  • Non-Extraction Treatment (for Dental Crowding)
  • Non-Surgical Bite Correction
  • Sleep Apnea Oral Appliances
  • Snoring Prevention
  • Spacers for Braces
  • Springs for Braces

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for District of Columbia.

• University of Minnesota / Twin Cities Campus
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1996
  • University of Minnesota / School of Dentistry
    Medical School | Graduated 2000
  • Washington Hospital Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2010

Dr. Bailey has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Bailey has no media or publications listed.

• Farsi

Dr. Bailey does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bailey and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Bailey's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bailey to family and friends

Dr. Bailey's Performance

Dr. Bailey did a phenomenal job with my braces! She worked hard to make sure the results look great, and my bite and teeth look wonderful! Also, everyone in the office was very nice to work with as well, and Dr. Bailey and her staff answered all of my questions throughout my experience. I highly...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. Bailey is very professional and takes the time to answer all questions that you may have. She does not rush off to the next patient. This kind of care is hard to come by these days and is very much appreciated.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
The atmosphere is very welcoming and relaxed.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
She is very friendly , caring , pleasant , and listens to her patient , I enjoy going to the office. great staff and awesome office
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Our daughter is always happy to come to her orthodontist appointments, and so are we. Every person on staff is friendly, helpful and professional. Dr. Bailey relates extremely well with the children, and answers parents' questions with attention and respect. And the office is nice, pleasant, full...more
Are you Dr. Bailey?