Dr. Jeremy McKinney, DMD

Dr. Jeremy McKinney, DMD

Orthodontics  ·

Dr. Jeremy McKinney, DMD is an orthodontics practitioner in Tuscaloosa, AL and has been practicing for 17 years. He practices orthodontics and orthodontics & dentofacial orthopedics.Read his story

McKinney Orthodontics

• MetLife
  • United Concordia

Learn about Dr. McKinney

Dr. McKinney's bio

This content was provided by Dr. McKinney "As an orthodontist, I feel blessed to be in a profession that allows me to help people and make changes that can affect their life in such a positive way. I never get tired of the look on people’s faces when they see the changes happen in their smile. I love the interactions I have with my patients. It is wonderful to get to know them throughout their treatment; I see them on a regular basis and we develop real relationships. Getting to know each patient and hearing the different stories they share about their lives means each day brings with it new opportunities to learn, which is amazing. The most fulfilling part of my work, though, is transforming smiles. When a patient starts to see the changes in their teeth and appearance, when they start to realize that their hard work is paying off and that they’ll never again feel the need to cover their mouth or duck their head while smiling or laughing, they begin to blossom. No matter what their age, they begin to move more self-assuredly, they begin to make eye contact more readily and, best of all, they start to smile without immediately raising their hand to cover their teeth. It’s incredible to witness that happen to someone I’ve come to care about. My Education and Commitment to Continuing Education Bachelor of Science, University of Alabama Doctorate of Dental Medicine with Honors, University Alabama School of Dentistry Certificate in orthodontics, University of Tennessee Health Sciences Center, chief resident I am passionate about continuing education in orthodontics. This is a field where there are constant changes and evolutions in treatment methodologies. I owe it to my patients, and to myself, to stay abreast of this information. Through attendance at and participation in meetings, lectures, seminars, and hands-on demonstrations, as well keeping up with the latest orthodontic literature, I am able to ensure that I provide my patients with the best care available, always. Professional Memberships American Association of Orthodontists American Dental Association Alabama Association of Orthodontists Alabama Dental Association Alabama Sixth District Dental Society, past president Personal Life I’ve been married to my wife Lisa for more than 16 years. We have three children: Gabriel, Micah, and Chloe. Away from work, my family is always my highest priority. I also enjoy farming and golfing. Being active in the community is important to me as well. I’m very involved with church functions and have volunteered with Christian medical/dental mission trips to other countries. Lisa received her MTA from the University of Alabama. She is an accountant and currently teaches full time at the university, in the Culverhouse College of Commerce and Business Administration."

This content was provided by Dr. McKinney "We are committed to helping our patients realize a beautiful and functional smile in a fun and caring environment. We believe that both children and adults can enhance the value of their lives by achieving and maintaining the highest level of oral health and facial aesthetics possible."

2  Practice Areas

• Orthodontics
  • Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics

• Dental Crowding
  • Misaligned Teeth
  • Overbite
  • Underbite

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Alabama.

• University of Alabama At Birmingham
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1995
  • University of Alabama At Birmingham / School of Dentistry
    Medical School | Graduated 1998
  • The University Of Tennessee's Health Sciences Center
    Medical School | Graduated 2001

Dr. McKinney has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. McKinney has no media or publications listed.

Dr. McKinney does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. McKinney and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. McKinney's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. McKinney

1.152073732718894%

Dr. McKinney?
Dr. McKinney's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Jeremy McKinney, DMD
I need braces I never had them
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jeremy McKinney, DMD?

How was your experience with Dr. McKinney?