Periodontics  |
Dr. Jeffrey Lemler, DDS
I am Jeff Lemler. I am a periodontist, which means I am dedicated to creating and maintaining the health of the supporting structures of your teeth. The bone and the soft tissue (gums). With my training and expertise, whenever reasonable, I am focused to save your teeth. When I decide that a tooth should not be saved, by I, I mean you, us and your restorative dentist, I will evaluate and replace the lost dentition with dental implants. I have over thirty years of experience placing implants. Not only am I very knowledgeable and capable in this area, but I have helped to develop, promote, and teach some of the most advanced techniques to recreate the bone and soft tissue that is necessary for successful, esthetic implant placement. However, in the last number of years there has been a movement in implant dentistry to rapidly decrease the time and procedures for replacement of teeth with implants. Similar to all other aspects of our lives, we want immediate results. For dentistry, it is immediate placement and "teeth in a day". While there is no question that there are cases that can and even should be treated this way, I believe this is happening way too often without understanding the compromised results for the supporting bone and soft tissue. I also believe that these compromises are a significant part of the reason the profession is seeing a rise in the cases of implant failures and implant infections, a problem we now call peri-implantitis. Unfortunately, the majority of these problems show up 5-6 years later, leaving the patient responsible for the consequences. For me, I feel that my, education, knowledge and experience has allowed me to look at each patient individually, identity the key factors for long term success and develop the approach for each case to maximize the potential for long term success and minimize risks for problems and failure. There are clinicians who are now gearing their practices to the treatment these compromised cases. Unfortunately, many times these procedures are not predictable. My practice also treats and provides the most advanced techniques to save these cases. However, all cases need to be done in a manner to minimize the risks of such problems occurring in the first place.

JEFFREY R LEMLER DDS

10 E 53rd St Fl 25

New York, NY 10022

Learn about Dr. Lemler

• Periodontics

• Biopsy
  • Bone Grafting
  • Cone Beam Computerized Tomography (CBCT)
  • Crown Lengthening
  • Sinus Augmentation
  • Soft Tissue Surgery
  • Teeth Extraction
  • Teeth Scaling

No malpractice history found for New York.

• University Of Rochester
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1977
    Medical School | Graduated 1980
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1984
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1982

Dr. Lemler has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Lemler has no media or publications listed.

• Chinese, Cantonese
  • Russian

Dr. Lemler does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lemler and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Lemler's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lemler to family and friends
Dr. Lemler's Performance
in New York, NY |
I was referred to Dr. Lemler from our trusted general dentist to correct the damage from a long-ago accident. Dr. Lemler completed a series of complicated surgeries, involving bone & skin grafts, implants, etc. He sets the bar for professionalism. He was exacting in his standards, & committed to a successful outcome no matter what it took. He (& staff) was extremely kind and patient with post-surgery questions. It's not an exaggeration to say that his care changed the quality of my life.
in Brooklyn, NY |
I have had an implant and bone grafting done by Dr Lemler. I expected to be in severe pain for at least several days. Obviously i was a little uncomfortable for the first two or three days but the severe pain that everyone was warning me about never arrived. I would definitely recommend DR Lemler. He was extremely patient to my many questions and concerns. He is devoted and wants only the best for his patients. Excellent and AMAZING staff.
in Jersey city, nj |
High marks all around, to him and his staff
in Brooklyn, NY 11201 |
He's the best in his field. I came to him long ago with a very painful and messed up mouth--didn't really believe him when he said things would get better--but he was right and they have.Problems that have come up during the later years? He fixes them. He has knowledge, expertise, patience and he truly cares about his patients. So does his wonderful and very professional staff. I feel very, very lucky to have found him!
Have you seen Dr. Jeffrey Lemler, DDS?
Are you Dr. Lemler?

Visit Dr. Lemler

Evening

View other dentists with similar experience to find the right dentist for you.

Dentistry