Dr. Jeffrey Lemler, DDS

Dr. Jeffrey Lemler, DDS

Periodontics | Male | 60 years old

35 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Narrow your results

Learn about this dentist

Personal Bio

I am Jeff Lemler. I am a periodontist, which means I am dedicated to creating and maintaining the health...Read more

Dr. Lemler's Experience

Visiting Dr. Lemler

Dr. Lemler's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lemler to family and friends
Dr. Lemler's Performance
in New York, NY |
I was referred to Dr. Lemler from our trusted general dentist to correct the damage from a long-ago accident. Dr. Lemler completed a series of complicated surgeries, involving bone & skin grafts, implants, etc. He sets the bar for professionalism. He was exacting in his standards, & committed to a successful outcome no matter what it took. He (& staff) was extremely kind and patient with post-surgery questions. It's not an exaggeration to say that his care changed the quality of my life.
in Brooklyn, NY |
I have had an implant and bone grafting done by Dr Lemler. I expected to be in severe pain for at least several days. Obviously i was a little uncomfortable for the first two or three days but the severe pain that everyone was warning me about never arrived. I would definitely recommend DR Lemler. He was extremely patient to my many questions and concerns. He is devoted and wants only the best for his patients. Excellent and AMAZING staff.
in Jersey city, nj |
High marks all around, to him and his staff
in Brooklyn, NY 11201 |
He's the best in his field. I came to him long ago with a very painful and messed up mouth--didn't really believe him when he said things would get better--but he was right and they have.Problems that have come up during the later years? He fixes them. He has knowledge, expertise, patience and he truly cares about his patients. So does his wonderful and very professional staff. I feel very, very lucky to have found him!
Have you seen Dr. Jeffrey Lemler, DDS?
Are you Dr. Lemler?

Compare Dr. Lemler

Compare this Dentist
View other dentists with similar experience to find the right dentist for you.

Dr. Lemler says...

I am Jeff Lemler.  I am a periodontist, which means I am dedicated to creating and maintaining the health of the supporting structures of your teeth. The bone and the soft tissue (gums). With my training and expertise, whenever reasonable, I am focused to save your teeth. When I decide that a tooth should not be saved, by I, I mean you, us and your restorative dentist, I will evaluate and replace the lost dentition with dental implants. I have over thirty years of experience placing implants. Not only am I very knowledgeable and capable in this area, but I have helped to develop, promote, and teach some of the most advanced techniques to recreate the bone and soft tissue that is necessary for successful, esthetic implant placement.

However, in the last number of years there has been a movement in implant dentistry to rapidly decrease the time and procedures for replacement of teeth with implants. Similar to all other aspects of our lives, we want immediate results. For dentistry, it is immediate placement and "teeth in a day". While there is no question that there are cases that can and even should be treated this way, I believe this is happening way too often without understanding the compromised results for the supporting bone and soft tissue. I also believe that these compromises are a significant part of the reason the profession is seeing a rise in the cases of implant failures and implant infections, a problem we now call peri-implantitis. Unfortunately, the majority of these problems show up 5-6 years later, leaving the patient responsible for the consequences.

For me, I feel that my, education, knowledge and experience has allowed me to look at each patient individually, identity the key factors for long term success and develop the approach for each case to maximize the potential for long term success and minimize risks for problems and failure. There are clinicians who are now gearing their practices to the treatment these compromised cases. Unfortunately, many times these procedures are not predictable. My practice also treats and provides the most advanced techniques to save these cases. However, all cases need to be done in a manner to minimize the risks of such problems occurring in the first place.

Dr. Lemler says...

Peri-implantitis is a relatively new term to implant dentistry. It refers to a chronic infection associated with a restored implant which can lead to the loss of that implant. There may or may not be symptoms present before peri-implantitis  becomes severe. The reported occurrence of this problem is between 3 to 10 years after implant placement. The incidence of cases has been increasing dramatically. The causes have been linked to a number of issues. Commonly, excessive grinding of teeth without wearing a nightguard, excess cement left in gingiva around implant when the implant crown was placed, as well as the shape/fit of the implant crowns. We also feel that lack of attention to detail, such as the volume of bone, and quality of the gingiva are major contributing factors.

The key to treating peri-implantitis is detecting it early and eliminating/controlling the causes. This is why frequent cleanings by hygienist/dentists who understand the issues are very important to prevent such problems. Once the defects are substantial, surgical attempts to save implants including the use of lasers and grafting are expensive and unpredictable.

Dr. Lemler's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Periodontics

No malpractice history found for New York.

Dr. Lemler does not have any conditions listed. If you are Dr. Lemler and would like to add conditions you treat, please update your free profile.

Graduated in 1980

Completed in 1984

Completed in 1982

University Of Rochester

Graduated in 1977

• Chinese, Cantonese
  • Russian

Dr. Lemler does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lemler and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Periodontics

• Biopsy
  • Bone Grafting
  • Cone Beam Computerized Tomography (CBCT)
  • Crown Lengthening