Dr. Jan Kippax, DMD

DentistryMaleAge 63

Dr. Jan Kippax, DMD is a Dentistry Practitioner in Lewiston, ME. He is affiliated with Central Maine Medical Center. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Kippax to book an appointment.

Dr. Kippax

Androscoggin Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons PA

501 Main St Lewiston, ME 04240

Dr. Kippax's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Kippax

3.1

Dr. Kippax?
  • Appointment scheduling (19)
  • Difficult to schedule appointment (12)
I have been going to Dr Kippax for the past 15+ years for help with painful deteriorating teeth, after drinking soda all my life. Each tooth was causing me a lot of pain. When I called anyone else, I got no help when I needed it. However, Dr Kippax's staff was always helpful, kind and got me in soon. They took my x-rays right away, and showed me and explained everything. I had my teeth removed with local anesthesia but there are other options if you're sensitive or anxious. Dr.Kippax enters the room with the confidence of a man who has decades of experience. The first part was the clove oil which made it so that I didn't feel the novacaine needle. He also gave me advise about focusing my nervousness by squeezing my hands together. It helped me, and it's over quickly. I've been very grateful for Dr Kippax, as he's alleviated my sources of pain and gets it done and over with. He never wasted my time or made me wait for months.
Brendan Akers – Mar 06, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jan Kippax, DMD?
I would NEVER recommend him to anyone, EVER. He is known to pull out additional teeth without consulting with the patient, medical problems there after, and numerous other issues. I’m amazed he hasn’t lost his license.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Aug 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jan Kippax, DMD?
I had 9 teeth removed with great safe and painless service’s. His secretary at that time was a plus to his service’s. I called for a evaluation and got me in the next day . Thank you for your professional services !!!
Aug 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jan Kippax, DMD?
Dr. Kippax and his entire staff were absolutely wonderful. From the phone call to the waiting room to the actual procedure I had nothing but a pleasant experience. He had me in and out super fast and it was a pain free experience which I can’t say is common amongst other dental offices. His attitude is great and he seems to really care. I was wary at first because of the obvious media he had gotten but it’s clearly a bunch of slander and lies and his practice never deserved any of it. You have to remember the area in which he is and his clientele from around there, it’s no secret what Lewiston/Auburn harbors the most. Please seriously consider giving this man the business he deserves because you won’t regret it.
Mparadis – Oct 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jan Kippax, DMD?
Dr.Kippax personally worked hard to ensure my insurance would cover pulling my trouble teeth, and did it very quick. I’ve gone to him for many years now and he’s never even seemed to have an issue with my anxiety associated with having to be there, and makes it very comfortable and easy. Let’s not forget the nurses there, you leave feeling like you have an extra friend.
Mar 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jan Kippax, DMD?
Absolutely amazing experience today. 101918. I had an emergency mess from teeth breaking from impressions from dentist and Dr Kippax got me in and out in less than an hour. Amazing job to Dr and staff. DIANE. M
Diane m. in Sabattus – Oct 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jan Kippax, DMD?
Rescheduled to get me in a day early. Very quick in and out. Stopped when I said I felt uncomfortable and numbed up more. Made it as pleasant as he could. Don’t understand the bad press. Have to question claims he had three people holding someone down. Not too sure he has a whole entourage waiting to restrain people getting work done. Didn’t see any restraints on chairs. Maybe some peoples expectations on making oral surgery fun are a little too high. Highly recommended!
Anthony in Lewiston, ME – Aug 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jan Kippax, DMD?
I can't rave enough about the fast, effective and caring service my husband received here! Also about the cost effective plans for the future! Thanks for being there when we needed you Dr. Kippax!
Pauline Saunders in Buckfield, ME – Jul 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jan Kippax, DMD?
Best dentist I have ever been to!Very polite staff. Had all top teeth removed and had a piece of bone poking through my gums called him went back and he removed it free of charge. I would recommend Kippax and his staff to anyone needing oral surgery or any dental work. All around good people.
Eric Moores in West Ossipee, NH – Jun 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jan Kippax, DMD?
Was a very pleasant experience. Very nice people there. Would definitelygo back and recommend him to anybody!
May 25, 2018
Excellent Dentist!!
Sabattus, ME – Apr 07, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jan Kippax, DMD?
Dr Jan Kippax, was the best on pulling my wisdom teeth out. No problems at all. It went smooth. He gets a lot of bad reviews in Lewiston because the cliental are drug users and he wont write a script to help your drug needs. When you walk into his practice and your teeth are all rotted out maybe you should take it easy on the heroin. Its a No brainer what you drug users want.
William in Augusta maine – Mar 29, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jan Kippax, DMD?
I don't know why he is still allowed to practice. He doesn't wait for your mouth to be numb before removing teeth. Also, he and his staff pin people down when they are clearly trying to communicate that they are in pain. He is HORRIBLE!
Unhappypatient in Bridgton, ME – Jan 29, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jan Kippax, DMD?
Dentists make me *extremely* anxious, and they were right there to put my mind at ease (as much as it could be). They were extremely sympathetic, and Dr. Kippax was great and even had good bedside manner. Everyone told my what they were going to do, step by step. The only thing I will caution people on is the older female receptionist. I had an *awful* time trying to get things situated, and was only able to do it after speaking with someone else. Mindy was great and very helpful!
JW in Portland, ME – Jan 10, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jan Kippax, DMD?
My son needed a tooth extracted; Dr. Kippax did a quick and excellent job. We were greeted immediately when entering the office and waited less than 10 minutes to be seen. Dr. Kippax's nurses are both medically skilled and friendly; they put my son very much at ease. Dr. Kippax is highly competent and friendly. My son's extraction took less than five minutes; we were in and out of the office in less than an hour. I am very thankful my son was able to been seen by Dr. Kippax. Great care!
Freeport, ME – Jan 05, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jan Kippax, DMD?
I had an emergency situation that required immediate service. I initially emailed the office and got a response right away! I was able to schedule an appointment within 48 hours and found much relief after seeing Dr. Kippax at Androscoggin Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons.
Brenda in Lisbon, ME – Oct 10, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jan Kippax, DMD?
Great surgeon, provides great care for me and family. He also serves the underserved. Some of these reviews should be taken with caution as untrue.
Peter in Lewiston, ME – Sep 29, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jan Kippax, DMD?
He pulled The WRONG TOOTH!! The assistant took an X-Ray, Dr. Kippax came in and with a 10 second look, proclaimed, ?Oh yeah, that has gotta come out.? When I went home, after the anesthesia wore off, I found out he pulled the wrong tooth. The next day he pulled the correct tooth (without sufficient anesthesia) and then tried to sell me dental implants. He never apologized. If anyone wants to discuss tis further, I would be happy to explain why NO one should have work done by Dr. Kippax.
Michael M. in Gray, ME – Dec 27, 2015
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jan Kippax, DMD?

How was your experience with Dr. Kippax?