Dr. Jamie Heying, DDS

Dr. Jamie Heying, DDS

Prosthodontics  ·

Dr. Jamie Heying, DDS is a prosthodontics practitioner in Hiawatha, IA and has been practicing for 10 years. He practices prosthodontics and dentistry.Read his story

Blair Ridge Dental

1700 Blairs Ferry Rd

Hiawatha, IA 52233

Learn about Dr. Heying

Video

Dr. Heying's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Heying "As a prosthodontist, I am a specialist in the areas of cosmetic and implant dentistry, sleep apnea, and complex prosthetic/restorative treatment needs. Since joining Blair Ridge Dental, I have enjoyed providing comprehensive family dentistry with my passion in prosthodontics and the treatment and management of sleep apnea. It is because of this expertise that many medical and dental professionals refer to me to help manage complex situations. By focusing my energy and passion on the smallest of details, I am able to provide outstanding aesthetic and functional results for the most challenging of dental conditions. I approach my patients’ treatment from a big-picture perspective, and integrate academic and clinical knowledge to achieve maximum results for years to come. Education and Experience Doctorate of Dental Surgery – University of Iowa Prosthodontic residency – University of Iowa Certificate of prosthodontics – University of Iowa Master of Science – University of Iowa In addition to my dental patients, I have been treating patients who suffer from obstructive sleep apnea for eight years. I received my dental sleep medicine training at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics while completing my prosthodontic residency. With my advanced dental prosthetic training, experience, and commitment to restoring patient health, I am uniquely qualified to treat OSA with customized oral appliances. Professional Affiliations American College of Prosthodontics American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine American Dental Association Iowa Dental Association Linn County Dental Society In the Dental Community The education of future dental professionals is very important to me. I am an adjunct assistant professor in the Family Dentistry Department at the University of Iowa and have had the opportunity to lecture at the University of Iowa, Linn County Dental Society, and Iowa Dental Lab Association. Recently, I have had the opportunity to serve on the dental technology advisory committee at Kirkwood Community College. I also help the prosthodontic department at the Mission of Mercy to help provide dental treatment for people in need throughout the state of Iowa. Outside the Office I grew up in Sioux City as the second youngest of seven children, and have lived in Eastern Iowa for the past 18 years. Since 2010, I’ve had the wonderful opportunity to practice with my wife Amy at Blair Ridge Dental. We have three daughters: Brooke, Lauren, and Ashlyn. In my spare time, I enjoy watching Iowa Hawkeye football and basketball, hunting and fishing, golfing, and being with family and friends."

This content was provided by Dr. Heying "All our professionals at Blair Ridge Dental maintain highest levels of accreditation and pursue ongoing education to stay abreast of the latest trends in all aspects of dentistry. We take the time to listen to your needs and concerns and create a personalized treatment plan to improve the health and beauty of your smile."

2  Practice Areas

• Prosthodontics

• Chipped Tooth
  • Gingivitis
  • Tempormandibular Joint Pain
  • Tooth Abrasion
  • Tooth Attrition
  • Tooth Demineralization
  • Tooth Discoloration (Resistant to Whitening)

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Iowa.

• University of Iowa / College of Dentistry
    Medical School | Graduated 2005
  • University of Iowa / College of Dentistry
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2008

Dr. Heying has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Heying has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Heying does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Heying and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Heying's Reviews