Dr. James Shelton, DMD

Dr. James Shelton, DMD

Dentistry  |

Dr. James Shelton, DMD is a dentist who practices in Salem, OR. He is 59 years old. Read his story

Glen Creek Dental

470 Glen Creek Rd NW

Salem, OR 97304

Learn about Dr. Shelton

Dr. Shelton's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Shelton "James E. Shelton, DMD As a dentist, I thrive on being able to offer my patients effective, comprehensive, and minimally-invasive dental treatments in order to improve and maintain their oral health, while developing personal relationships with each person I see. Being a dentist means connecting with people: establishing open lines of communication from the first meeting, learning about their oral health needs and their goals, discussing their concerns, educating them about treatment options, and then forming a team to plan their goals. Along the way, we truly get to know each other and the exchanges I have with my patients have made me a better person, as well as a better care provider. Dentistry is rewarding. Not only do I get to use both my technical aptitude and artistic skills, but I get to relieve people from dental-related pain, improve their oral wellbeing which in turn improves their whole body health, and I help patients feel better about their appearance, too. Whether I am providing root canal therapy or a cosmetic procedure, I know that I am making a positive difference, and that is emotionally fulfilling. Education and Continuing Education I graduated with my Doctorate of Dental Medicine, with honors and awards for clinical excellence, from Oregon Health Science University. Since that time I have continued to avidly increase my knowledge of dental care and changes in treatment processes, options, and technologies, through continuing education courses. In addition to extensive training in CEREC® single-visit crowns and cosmetic dentistry, I also attend lectures, seminars, and oral health conferences. It is essential that I live-up to the trust my patients place in me, to provide them with the best care available, and I can only do that by continually learning. Personal Life I was born and raised here in Salem and am proud to still be living here. I’ve been married for 20 years and have two children and a dog. My family, especially my children, is my highest personal priority: I love supporting their growth and various interests. When I have the time, I like flying and other family-centered activities."

This content was provided by Dr. Shelton "We believe that quality dentistry is timeless. In our relaxed, compassionate environment, you can rely on friendly, gentle care.Through continuing education, modern technology, and commitment to excellence; we provide Tomorrow's Dentistry Today! http://glencreekdental.com"

• Broken Tooth

• Scaling and Root Planing
  • Simple Tooth Extractions
  • Snoring Prevention
  • Teeth Whitening

No malpractice history found for Oregon.

• Oregon Health & Science University
    Medical School | Graduated

Dr. Shelton has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Shelton has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Shelton does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shelton and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Shelton's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shelton to family and friends
based on 75 total reviews (1 with a comment)

Dr. Shelton's Performance

Office environment
Staff friendliness
Average wait time

in Portland, OR |
Dr Shelton is highly skilled compassionate and gentle dentist. His work is well crafted state of the art and efficient.

Are you Dr. Shelton?