Dr. James May, DDS

Dr. James May, DDS

Orthodontics  ·

Dr. James May, DDS is an orthodontics practitioner in Houston, TX. He practices orthodontics and orthodontics & dentofacial orthopedics.Read his story

Dr. James W. May DDS, PC

• DenteMax
  • Guardian

Learn about Dr. May

Dr. May's bio

This content was provided by Dr. May "I have always been interested in adult cosmetic treatments, and I was the first orthodontist in Houston to utilize lingual braces in the early 1980s, though Invisalign® has become the popular choice for most adults today. I feel that by continuously learning and lecturing about orthodontics I can give my patients the best orthodontic treatment possible. EDUCATION I attended college at the University of Oklahoma from 1968 to 1972, receiving a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology. I attended dental school at the University of Louisville from 1972 to 1973 and completed my dental degree at the University of Texas Dental Branch at Houston in 1977. My postgraduate residency in orthodontics was also at the University of Texas Dental Branch in Houston, Texas, from 1977 to 1979. CONTINUING EDUCATION I have been actively involved with continuing education through the entire 30 years I've been in practice. I attend many lectures throughout the United States and I am a well-known lecturer on many orthodontic techniques, such as early treatment in children with functional jaw orthopedics, cosmetic adult accelerated treatment, TMJ problems in children and adults, and Invisalign. PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS American Dental Association American Association of Orthodontists American Association for Functional Orthodontics Southwestern Society of Orthodontists Texas Dental Association Oklahoma Dental Association Houston District Dental Society Society for Occlusal Studies Southwest Craniomandibular Society Houston Orthognathic Study Seminars Houston Regional Society of Orthodontists OUTSIDE THE OFFICE Among my many hobbies, dog training, woodworking, and home restoration projects are my favorites."

This content was provided by Dr. May "Dr. James May puts his patients first. You are encouraged to ask as many questions as needed so you are comfortable with the plan of treatment for you or your child. We take the time to get to know each patient as an individual with unique goals and needs. Your smile should be as exceptional as you are!"

2  Practice Areas

• Orthodontics
  • Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics

• Crooked Teeth
  • Crossbite
  • Dental Crowding
  • Dental Spacing
  • Gaps Between Teeth
  • Malocclusion (Bad Bite)
  • Misaligned Teeth

• Springs for Braces
  • Surgical Orthodontics
  • Two-Phase Orthodontic Treatment
  • Under Armour® Mouthguard

Education data for Dr. May is unavailable at this time.

Dr. May has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. May has no media or publications listed.

Dr. May does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. May and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. May's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. May to family and friends

Dr. May's Performance

On the first visit you get pressure to purchase one of Dr. May's package deals. There is a lot of personal attention at first, but on follow up visits the kids are pushed in and out the door. The personnel at the front desk are rude. Very unsatisfactory.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I was very disappointed in the services received from this office and the overall customer service. Initially, I was referred to Dr. May by my dentist, however, it took weeks of calling and leaving voicemails before I was able to schedule my first appointment. I was supposed to be out of braces...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Three members of our family have been patients of Dr. May, and we have had a great experience from beginning to end. The office staff is friendly and scheduling is always a breeze. Dr. May takes the time needed to treat each patient, and is thorough and helpful in the process. He is a...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
My experience was most definitely below average! However, my issue was more with the staff rather than Dr May. The office staff are very unprofessional, pushy and incompetent. I felt like I was being harassed to start Invisalign and was even quoted two different Invisalign contract prices. These...more
Are you Dr. May?