Dr. James Hood, DDS

Dr. James Hood, DDS

Dentistry | Male

Dr. James Hood, DDS is a dentist who practices in Spokane Valley, WA. He is 65 years old and has been practicing for 37 years. Dr. Hood is affiliated with Valley Hospital, Providence Sacred Heart Children's Hospital, Providence Holy Family Hospital and Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center.

Learn about this dentist

Dr. Hood's Experience

Visiting Dr. Hood

Dr. Hood accepts 26 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Hood has admitting privileges.

Dr. Hood's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hood to family and friends
2.8
Dr. Hood's Performance
in Olympia, WA |
I had teeth pulled at this dentists office-some were not an issue however 3 teeth were pulled without the injections working. The dentist knew the pain meds did not work.The last tooth pulled was the worst-I screamed through out the slow process. I had gone to him-and returned due to my insurance requiring 2 months to change dentists.The x rays were useless-too bad to use by my insurance.The staff didn't even have paper to write on for those who could not speak after a procedure-
in Spokane Valley, WA |
Absolutely the most amazing Dentist & Staff I have ever been to. I was so afraid I was going to be told that my teeth had to be pulled and I was going to have to get dentures. Dr. Hood did not pull my teeth and he was able to fill them in and make them look better then they ever had! He was so kind to be sure he got it done before our trip to Miami!!
Huntsville, AL |
Dr. James G. Hood operated store online. I bought dental product from Dr. Hood in 2016 for $89.52 which was never filled. When I called to see why, they told me they no longer could obtain the product. I asked for a refund, calling several times. Nothing happened. Escalated the complaint and was finally told that another department would have to handle it, but the likelihood of getting my refund was low. They have multiple lawsuits against them, even federal. Don't do business with them!
Cincinnati, OH |
Today was OFFICIALLY my first appointment with Dr. Hood. Other than my first visit for evaluation. My anxiety was higher than I expected. Him and his staff, showed me nothing but GRACIOUS patience. Through my anxious tears. They were SO UNDERSTANDING AND PATIENT. Not 1 judgemental word from anyone. No one has said ANYTHING other than " we can fix you ". Thank you Dr. Hood and your ENTIRE staff for being what every Dental office should STRIVE to be. Sincerely Tabitha
in Spokane valley |
I had the best experience you could ask for I had many teeth pulled and they all made me feel so comfortable!! I would recommend to anyone!! Thank you all
in Spokane, WA |
Sherryl's customer service and professionalism is the worst I've seen in ANY health care office ever. She calls and harasses my wife over a $116 dollar bill from 2009 then hangs up on here and will not answer her phone calls. I then call an hour later to speak with her myself. She answers the phone and I tell here who I am and before I can get a word in instantly says "I don't want to argue with you, your account is closed and paid". I asked her why would she call and harass my wife then and she
in Spokane, WA |
I had a tooth that needed another root canal or to be pulled. Dr Hood was amazing, he explained everything including costs. His team from start to finish made me feel like I was the only person they had for the day. Very caring and took the time I needed for my questions. This was my first visit and I will be going exclusively to Dr Hood from now on. I would highly recommend him.
Have you seen Dr. James Hood, DDS?
Are you Dr. Hood?

Compare Dr. Hood

Compare this Dentist
View other dentists with similar experience to find the right dentist for you.

Dr. Hood's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Dentistry
  •  Malpractice claims in Washington not available

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Washington.

• Chipped Tooth

University Of Iowa / College Of Dentistry

Graduated in 1980

St. John's University, Minnesota

Graduated in 1974

Dr. Hood does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hood and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Cosmetic Dentistry