Orthodontics  |
Dr. Jackie Berkowitz, DDS
Dr. Jackie Berkowitz maintains a private orthodontic practice in Gahanna, Ohio, a suburb of Columbus, Ohio, where he specializes in providing orthodontic services to children and adults. While he provides the most advanced comprehensive child and adolescent therapy, he has a special emphasis, experience and focus in "TEAM" interdisciplinary therapy, including pre-esthetic, pre-implant, pre-restorative and pre-surgical therapies. His practice goals include obtaining outstanding functional and esthetic results while providing an "exceptional" on-time patient treatment experience, in communication and cooperation with the Family Dentist and other specialty practices as needed. Dr. Berkowitz has been involved with the treatment of families from all over Central Ohio and Statewide. Many of his patients have included former athletes and their families from The Ohio State University. A well sought and respected lecturer, Dr. Berkowitz regularly addresses orthodontic, dental, and dental specialty groups in the U.S. and abroad on a variety of clinical and practice management subjects. His clinical topics range from a general overview of basic to advanced diagnosis, treatment planning, and basic mechanotherapy, to more specialized therapies in the treatment of complex skeletal and interdisciplinary problems. Dr. Berkowitz provides continuing education programs on multiple topics and has provided a significant number of continuing education programs over many years at The Ohio State University. A respected and enthusiastic teacher (with over 35 years of teaching expertise) and experienced clinician, Dr. Berkowitz was a Clinical Associate Professor of Orthodontics at The Ohio State University, and has taught, and continues to teach orthodontics, at multiple universities, orthodontic and dental societies and study clubs. Dr. Berkowitz still provides guest lectures and seminars at The Ohio State University. Dr. Berkowitz earned his B.S. from The Ohio State University, and his D.D.S. and M.S. degrees and his Certificate in Orthodontics from Case Western Reserve University. He is a Diplomate (re-certified) of the American Board of Orthodontics, and is very active in local and national orthodontic and dental associations.

Berkowitz Orthodontics

• Principal Financial Group
  • Scion Dental
  • United Concordia

Learn about Dr. Berkowitz

The mission, philosophy, and foundation of our practice is to provide an overall outstanding orthodontic treatment experience to our patients and their families. Our practice has been built upon, and is committed to, providing the finest quality orthodontic care in a friendly, enjoyable and caring environment for both children and adults. Our mission is enhanced by our continued involvement in studying current orthodontic research, attending a wide range of continuing education seminars, and our true desire to treat our patients to the highest level of care possible. This mission is supported on a foundation of clinical experience, excellent communication and patient/customer service.

In addition, we will work very closely with your family dentist, and other dental specialists, as needed to assure our patients that they are always offered care in a "TEAM" environment ultimately resulting in a "WINNING" result.

• Orthodontics

• Dental Brace
  • Metal Dental Braces
  • Removable Appliances
  • Retainers

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

• Ohio State University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated

Dr. Berkowitz has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Berkowitz has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Berkowitz does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Berkowitz and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Berkowitz's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Berkowitz to family and friends
Dr. Berkowitz's Performance
Reynoldsburg, OH |
Very polite and humble person by nature.
in Granville OH |
I absolutely love Dr. Berkie and his staff. They are friendly, kind and caring. The set up for the office lets the patients (kids) be in control of their appointments and it always runs so smoothly. We have never had to wait past our appointment time. I will be using Dr. Berkie for both of my children's orthodontic needs.
in Groveport, OH |
Excellent orthodontist. Docotor and staff are amazing and friendly. They explain everythingdo well. My daughter loves the staff. Clean up to date friendly environment.
in Guysville, OH |
Not only was Dr. Berkowitz amazing and very good at easing my son's concerns, the staff were tremendous as well. Wonderful experience with kind, smiling faces. I definitely feel like my son is in the best of hands.
Columbus, OH |
I had a sports induced injury resulting in the eventually loss of my front tooth. The poor aesthetic of a missing a front tooth was also compounded by gum and bone loss from delayed treatment. Dr. Berkowitz was able to handle my complex situation professionally and reassured me that it could be treated. He created a detailed plan of action, setup multiple referrals, and saw the procedure through to completion. Dr. Berkowitz is results driven and was able to give me the best possible outcome.
in Columbus, OH |
I would recommend Dr.Berkowitz to anyone. He was instrumental in changing my son's life. My son had extensive jaw surgery and reconstructive work on his teeth.Dr.Berkowitz treated my son like one of his family.He has always been there to serve.His profession is a passion.Another admirable quality is his straightforwardness.He has a great sense of humor but sticks to the task at hand.Once Dr.Berkowitz was done with my son,I let him work on me. He helped me avoid surgery.Another masterpiece.
in Canal Winchester, OH |
Very professional and prompt. No long wait times and I certainly appreciate the cleanliness of the environment
in Columbus, OH |
The staff is very professional. The staff works hard to keep your appointment both very punctual and renders quality services . The wait time is less than 10 minutes. Dr Berkowitz is very friendly and a excellent orthodontic.
in Columbus, OH |
I am very happy with the orthodontics my daughter had done by Dr Berkowitz. He did braces on all 4 of my children's teeth and ive been extremely happy with each of my childs orthodontic experiences with him. He is very patient and caring and takes time to explain each step along the way. His office staff are super nice as well. My youngest child just got her braces off after 2 1/2 yrs and her teeth look awesome. I would definitely recommend Dr Berkowitz!
in Columbus, OH |
I had worn braces as a child and as an adult experienced some issues that needed attention. Dr. Berkowitz and his staff addressed the issues and I am very pleased with the results. They all know their patients by name and outline a course of treatment. Dr. Berkowitz explained the steps and timeline needed to achieve the expected results. I have recommended them to friends who also experienced a fantastic result.
in Mount Vernon, Ohio |
Dr. Berkowitz and his team are a great asset to the community and to the orthodontic profession. They are always very courteous and helpful and in this day and age a kind ear goes a long way. I would recommend their establishment to anyone. The extra drive time to Gahanna is well worth it and the level of care is outstanding.
in Columbus, OH |
Dr. Berkowitz and his staff are delightful. They are knowledgeable, courteous and extremely professional while still making you feel welcome. My family is very grateful to have such a team of highly skilled individuals working with us on our orthodontic needs.
in Pickerington, OH |
Dr. Berkowitz is the best! He was my orthodontist when I was young, and now my children's orthodontist now.
Columbus, OH |
He is extremely knowledgeable, and his staff is great. He gave us one price, everything included. Even the follow-ups! My kids were treated like royals, and their teeth now look beautiful. But his care did not stop once the braces were off. We've been back countless times for adjustments, even a temporary retainer when the permanent one broke. He is fantastic.
in Pataskala, OH |
I've never met a health care professional who cares more about his/her patients.
Have you seen Dr. Jackie Berkowitz, DDS?
Are you Dr. Berkowitz?

• United Concordia
    Advantage Plus PPO
    National Fee-for-Service
    Dental

View other dentists with similar experience to find the right dentist for you.

Cosmetic Dentistry