Dr. Harry Dougherty, DDS

Dr. Harry Dougherty, DDS

Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics •  Male • Age 63

Dr. Harry Dougherty, DDS is a Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics Practitioner in Sherman Oaks, CA and has over 30 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from University of Southern California / School of Dentistry medical school in 1990. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Dougherty to book an appointment.

Dougherty Orthodontics

Visit Website
Dougherty Dental Corp4955 Van Nuys Blvd Ste 606 Sherman Oaks, CA 91403

• Low Wait Times Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.
  • Trustworthy Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Dr. Dougherty's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Dougherty

4.4

Dr. Dougherty?
Who says braces can’t be fun! My 14 year old son just finished his treatment and we are thrilled. From the beginning all the way until the end we had an excellent experience. My son and I never felt embarrassed or nervous to go to each 10 minute adjustment. In the beginning, I worried about being reprimanded for improper brushing or improper rubber band usage. I have heard from other moms about their experiences with their doctors. We never had to worry. Any corrections were always done gently and in a positive manner. It really felt that this was a project we were all in together. At the end Dr. Dougherty was as excited as my son & I were to have the braces removed. Everyone in the office (and there were many staff) was always very friendly and eager to help with scheduling the next appointment. The cost was also affordable and easily managed by a low monthly payment through automatic withdrawal. If you want a painless braces experience as well as a few laughs (Doctor has
Babette Nahmias – Mar 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Harry Dougherty, DDS?
I am overwhelmed by how beautiful their work turned out. Dr. Dougherty and his superb staff are at the top of their profession and truly care about their patients. I had a fairly complicated mouth with both functional and cosmetic problems. Dr. Dougherty methodically, expertly and patiently solved them all. I can't believe how great my smile has become. If you need this work done, take my advice and call them. I highly recommend Dougherty Orthodontics.
Colin M – Feb 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Harry Dougherty, DDS?
Dr Doherty is the best of the best. Very committed to his craft. He is friendly and explains the details clearly. The staff is very nice too. We have had a positive experience there, for sure. Thank you
Wendy Knutson – Feb 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Harry Dougherty, DDS?
Both of our children were treated by Dr. Dougherty over the course of several years. His use of current technology and extensive knowledge inspired confidence. More importantly, he patiently explained his approach and answered questions. Most memorably for us, he met us in his office on a Sunday afternoon to help save our child's four front teeth after being hit in the mouth with a baseball. A couple years later, the teeth are intact and the roots have not died which we credit entirely to Dr. Dougherty's responsiveness and care. Forever grateful and pleased with our choice of orthodontist. Also, his staff is professional, responsive, and well trained.
Christine Peterson – Sep 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Harry Dougherty, DDS?
We had a wonderful experience with Dr. Dougherty and staff. He is a gifted orthodontist and sincerely cares about his patients. I would highly recommend him.
Durbin Family in Burbank, CA – May 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Harry Dougherty, DDS?
Dr.Doughterty is an expert and master at his profession. However his lack of patience with parents and answering questions thoroughly is awful. He knows he’s good at what he does and gets easily agitated if a parent asks him anything about the treatment plan. That being said if you don’t mind keeping your opinion to yourself and can just trust him blindly, he’s excellent and a leader in his field.
Sherman Oaks – May 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Harry Dougherty, DDS?
I'm bringing both of my kids to Dr. Dougherty for orthodontic treatment. Dr. Dougherty and his team demonstrate incredible competence and customer service. I trust them and recommend this practice to other patients with no hesitation.
Galina K in Sherman Oaks, CA – Mar 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Harry Dougherty, DDS?

How was your experience with Dr. Dougherty?

Dr. Dougherty accepts

No malpractice claims found for California

Check if Dr. Dougherty treats your condition or procedure

• Retainers
  • Tempormandibular Joint Pain
  • Thumb Sucking
  • Underbite

Dougherty Orthodontics foremost intention is developing personal relationships with each patient and their family. Creating steady lines of communication, keeping you comfortable during appointments, and making patients and their families aware of th...Read more

• Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics