Dr. Gwendolyn Buck, DDS

Dr. Gwendolyn Buck, DDS

Dentistry  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Gwendolyn Buck, DDS is a dentistry practitioner in Gwinn, MI and has been practicing for 11 years. She graduated from University Of Michigan / Ann Arbor in 2007 and practices dentistry, orthodontics, and more.Read her story

271 E State Highway M35

Gwinn, MI 49841

Learn about Dr. Buck

Dr. Buck's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Buck "I'm Dr. Gwendolyn Buck. My friends call me Gwen or Gwennie. Let me share with you who I am. I have a passion for life, for enjoying each moment we are given on Earth, and that passion shows when I'm at work. You can hear the laughter throughout the office every single day. I have an incredible, smart, capable and most importantly caring team, and our office is filled with patients who we genuinely enjoy. I grew up in the Copper Country and moved to Marquette when I was 9 years old. As long as I can remember I've dreamed of being a doctor, to use my brain to the best of its potential to help people. I have always had a deep interest in science, and I love learning new things. I've always wanted to see the world, so travel has always been close to my heart. What an interesting place this world is! My original goal after having a successful career was to retire early and spend several months each year doing mission dentistry. However, I didn't expect to love my job so much! So the plan's been modified-I never want to retire, but I do want to continue and expand the missionary dentistry that I do. So far, I've been to Honduras, Bolivia, Peru and Guatemala. Being born a lucky American in the 20th century, I feel it's my obligation to humanity to help those poorest of the poor, those who make so little that even buying a toothbrush is not an option. I want to leave this world a better place than when I entered it. Other things that are important to me in life are my family and friends, great food, trying new things, dancing (no, I'm NOT any good at it!), dreaming and accomplishing some goals I've dreamed up, and making sure I have a beautiful heart. My current goals include improving my Spanish and being able to do one pull-up. I need challenges and growth in life to be fully satisfied. Northern Trails Dental Care is a reflection of who I am. Each patient deserves the most gentle touch every moment I or any team member is caring for him/her. We mindfully reach for the highest quality care with the lowest cost to our patients. Health care costs have become unreasonable. Instead of shrugging our shoulders and saying "I guess that's how it is," we have taken an active interest in helping our patients to afford the dental care that they need. We search for the best supply prices, saving money on inexpensive patient bibs and spending money on the best cement and restorative materials (but at the best price possible). Although our facility is beautiful, care was taken to provide a relaxing, high tech environment while sparing unnecessary expenses by having the least expensive wall trim, a shingle (not metal) roof, paint instead of wallpaper, among other details, so that you can enjoy the best environment while at a reasonable cost. My education includes a BA in Biology with a minor in French from Northern Michigan University, a DDS from the University of Michigan School of Dentistry and an Advanced Education in General Dentistry certification from the University of Florida Jacksonville. Continuing education is so important to me and my team. Several times throughout the year, we participate in lunch seminars, travel to conferences, and meet about changes we feel we should make to improve patient care. Thousands of dollars are invested every single year on continuing education for myself and my team. You'll find our team at Northern Trails Dental Care very passionate about being the best we can be, for our patients and for each other. If you're looking for an entirely different dental experience, where you are really listened to and cared for in a low-stress environment, please come and meet our team. I invite you to discover how amazing dental care can be. Welcome!"

This content was provided by Dr. Buck "At Northern Trails Dental Care, our mission is to provide quality, personalized dental care in an environment that's relaxed and friendly. Dr. Gwendolyn Buck is a skilled and compassionate dentist in Gwinn, Michigan that provides general, restorative, and cosmetic dentistry and everything in between for patients of all ages.

If you're looking for a dentist in Marquette County to provide the level of clinical excellence you expect from a healthcare provider, and the compassionate care you expect from a friend, you've come to the right place."

8  Practice Areas

• Tooth Attrition
  • Tooth Damage
  • Tooth Demineralization
  • Tooth Discoloration

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• Northern Michigan University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • University Of Michigan / Ann Arbor
    Medical School | Graduated 2007
  • University Of Florida-Jacksonville
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2008
  • General Dentistry Residency-University Of Florida

Dr. Buck has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Buck has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Buck does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Buck and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Buck's Reviews

Be the first to leave a review

Dr. Buck?

How was your experience with Dr. Buck?