Dr. Gerald Marlin, DMD

Prosthodontics •  Male

Dr. Gerald Marlin, DMD is a Prosthodontics Practitioner in Washington, DC and has over 49 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from University of Pennsylvania / School of Dental Medicine medical school in 1971. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Marlin to book an appointment.

Prosthetic Dentistry of Washington DC

Marlin Gerald DDS Office4400 Jenifer St Nw Ste 220 Washington, DC 20015
    • Sat: closed

Dr. Marlin's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Marlin

Dr. Marlin?
What People Say About Dr. Gerald Marlin, DMD
I've been seeing Dr. Marlin for at least 5 years and I've received nothing but the best care from both him and his team. His attention to detail is exceptional. And, most importantly, I have the utmost confidence in what he advises as treatments. He is simply the best!
Evelyn – Jun 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gerald Marlin, DMD?
Dr.Marlin and his team are highly competent in what they do.They made going to the dentist a positive experience. They were patient, kind and understanding of all my issues. They made me feel like home at the office. It was a very personalized experience. Dr. Marlin is not only a great prosthetic dentist using precision and efficiency but he's also very interesting and fun to talk to. Laleh is kind, empathic, and helped break down the cost and when you're talking finances, it is really helpful to have someone with a gentle, patient nature. Fatima makes you comfortable sitting in the chair with her open, kind personality. Felix is the Bob Ross of making teeth the right color. I got teeth whitening done with Karen, who is funny and great at checking in to make sure you're doing alright. She is also wonderful to chat with. Nancy and Patty were always on top of scheduling and billing and were pleasant to speak with. They smiled when I came through the door and when I left. They all made s
Mary Smith – Feb 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gerald Marlin, DMD?
Dr. Marlin is truly a virtuoso of his profession. I went to him requesting correction of dental work done elsewhere. In a one day marathon, he replaced five old/faulty crowns and a bridge with six meticulously crafted temporaries. With the permanent crowns now installed, my bite is correctly aligned and the new crowns, made in his in-house lab, beautifully match the neighboring teeth. The restoration process took place over 8 months, was pain-free and included seamlessly coordinated referrals to a periodontist and endodontist. Dr. Marlin’s good humor and the kind attention of his staff were much appreciated. Experiencing this level of expertise, perfectionism and artistry gave me reason to smile, indeed.
Jean A. – Dec 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gerald Marlin, DMD?
When my regular dentist informed me that my teeth were be in jeopardy because of extreme bone loss and that I would some day need implants, I began my search for the perfect dentist to do the job. Scouring the internet, I happened upon the reviews for a Dr. Gerald Marlin outside of Washington DC. Although it was over 100 miles away, I was so impressed with the reviews for Dr. Marlin that I decided to do additional research and came to understand that he had such expertise in the field that attorneys sought him out for his expert opinion in dental malpractice cases. So I decided to make an appointment and was totally impressed with everything I saw; the staff, the technical equipment, but most of all, Dr. Marlin himself. From our first consultation he made me feel at ease with a process that is very intimidating, and in my case, very complicated. Unlike what some other assembly line implant offices may have done, he advised that I needed bone grafts and healing time before any implants
gordon albert grandon – Nov 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gerald Marlin, DMD?
Dr. Marlin has been my dentist for the past 30 years. I have had fillings, crowns, implants and whitening done at his office. His work is performed in a thorough manner and lasts a long time. I have crowns that are 25 years old and still in perfect condition. In addition, his office staff is competent, helpful and friendly. The dental hygienist, Amanda, is also very good. She is meticulous in her work and has a great sense of humor. I definitely recommend this dental practice.
Nov 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gerald Marlin, DMD?
I had a dental injury on a Saturday night. First thing Monday morning, Dr. Marlin and his very kind colleagues welcomed me as a new patient and began my treatment. They got me back to work the next day. After several procedures, I fully recovered. Over two years later, I remain grateful, and Dr. Marlin and his colleagues continue to provide all of my dental care.
Mike B. – Oct 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gerald Marlin, DMD?
For over 20 years, Dr. Marlin has been my family’s go-to guy for SUPER SMILE-SAVING SKILLS. Easing my anxiety, he explains what he’s doing every step of the way; no surprises. And no worry about whether some far-off mass production lab somewhere will get your new crown right. Dr. Marlin has a fully-equipped prosthetic lab right down the hall in his own office. He even teaches other dentists about new prosthetic techniques, using 3D imagery. Vic R
Oct 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gerald Marlin, DMD?
Dr. Marlin is one of the top notch dentists in DC, and this statement comes as result of the excellent dental work I received over the last 5 years. I am a foreigner who arrived at his practice with a complex dental conditions referred by my general dentist. I found him very knowledgeable, elegant, meticulous and precise in all he does. His goal is to provide best dental work that will last forever in a comfortable and painless way. Also you can feel that he is very loyal to his patients. The staff I have encountered, Fatima, Karen, and Felix, are friendly, highly-competent, compassionate and very efficient. They are absolutely professional and with no doubt any dentist's dream team. The office is beautiful, clean and the administrative staff is absolutely caring and well organized,
Concha Verdugo – Sep 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gerald Marlin, DMD?
I live in DC and came to Dr. Marlin's office for periodic dental care. I was very happy with my experience with Dr. Marlin and the whole team as they were all very professional, friendly, detail-oriented, and caring. Their location was great as well. I'd recommend to anyone.
Sep 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gerald Marlin, DMD?
I commuted from downtown DC (Logan Circle) to visit Dr. Marlin's office and it was definitely worth it. I visited to have an evaluation for my bite/TMJ issue, and the quality of the care and friendliness of the staff was impressive. They even referred me to other dentists/periodontists (who I have since visited and also been happy with). Highly recommend!
Sep 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gerald Marlin, DMD?
I've been a patient of Dr. Marlin for 35 years and drive from Philadelphia for his excellent treatment. His work with crowns is first class, his staff is top notch, and his response to an emergency is excellent. I recently got same day service for an emergency treatment and because he is a perfectionist the results were outstanding. I would wholeheartedly recommend him to my friends because I know they would receive personalized and professional treatment from the best!
Aug 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gerald Marlin, DMD?
Dr. Marlin redid my two front crowns and restored my gray gums. Now I can smile and no one can tell that my front teeth aren't real. When I was 15, I had a bike accident and broke my front two teeth. Since then I've been struggling to find a solution. After seeing about 10 specialists, each of whom tried to convince me of a different treatment (including bridges, implants and veneers), I found Dr. Marlin through a Google search. Since he does both implants and crowns, I decided to check him out hoping for less biased opinion. I was very impressed with his record, so I decided to go ahead. It was a lengthy and sometimes painful process but it was definitely worth it. Dr. Marlin and his staff were wonderful at all times. He redid my crowns and matched them perfectly to my teeth. He even had to make them twice because the first pair looked great under the office light, but looked grayish in natural light. The result was so awesome that my treatment was used as case study.
Maria O in Takoma Park, MD – Jun 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gerald Marlin, DMD?
One could not ask for a more competent professional dentist. My experience with Dr. Marlin and his amazing staff has made going to the dentist easy. I could not recommend Dr. Marlin and staff any more highly.
J. Dent Farr in Washington , DC – Jun 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gerald Marlin, DMD?
I am so grateful I found Dr. Marlin and his amazing staff. I had a nightmare experience with the first dentist who broke my initial implant, requiring a new procedure and another 3-4 months wait time for it to heal properly for my crown. So I was adamant I would find a better dentist the second time around so I could finally complete my implant. Thank goodness I went to Dr. Marlin. From scheduling to the appointments—Dr. Marlin and his staff are the highest level of patient care and customer service. I basically came to Dr. Marlin with one month to do the fitting and crown placement and the staff bent over backwards to make the schedule work. Moreover, they spent almost two hours during my initial consult to go over all the details, never rushing anything. I am still so so grateful for their help, which clearly comes from their genuine caring of their patients. Moreover, their in-house lab will enable me to have a perfect fit. Dr. Marlin and his staff are simply incredible!
Sam in Washington DC – May 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gerald Marlin, DMD?
Today is May 7th 2019, and I had one front tooth extracted with the bone grafts by Doctor Marlin and his amazing staff (I’ve been to several dentists for consultations in the last 15 years, and everyone of them told me I need to remove this front tooth. Now is the time to do it with the very best dentist I can imagine). Doctor Marlin also removed the other three crowns and replaced all four front teeth with a temporary bridge in order for the final individual crowns to be done later (all four of these front crowns were done and redone by several dentists previously, and all these dentists were supposed to be very skillful by recommendations or by me searching the web. But my crowns always end up having issues and don’t look as nice or natural). So far, Doctor Marlin and his staff took their precious time and talents and had my procedures done amazingly and painlessly. My temporary bridge looks way more beautiful than my previous permanent crowns.
Frank Nguyen in Eldersburg , MD – May 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gerald Marlin, DMD?
Looking for a dentist w/ same energy & dedication as I saw in my husband to his international law practice. Dr. Marlin & staff w/ skill, dedication & experience are all about patient care, making it right and restoring good oral health. Never mind a face lift, in the age of iPhone cameras, when someone says photo op! I’m ready! Thanks Dr Marlin!!!
May 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gerald Marlin, DMD?
I have been treated by Dr Marlin for over thirty years. When I first came to his practice I was in danger of losing many teeth . I was severely depressed and Dr. Marlin literally saved my mouth. He was so patient with me and worked so patiently over the years to restore teeth. I have had crowns, bridges and implants. I always knew if there was a solution he would have it and I am so thankful that I found him. The office staff are kind, caring and professional and the office attractive.
Alexandria , VA – Feb 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gerald Marlin, DMD?
Dr Marlin is a godsend. When I arrived at his office 2 years ago I was in a state of despair because of my teeth. Over the years I have had crowns, bridges, root canals and veneers, most of which were rapidly deteriorating or falling out. Dr Marlin developed a comprehensive plan of reconstruction, meticulously executed. The result is a full mouth of beautiful new teeth which looks both natural and white. No 'chiclet teeth' look. Staff too is amazing and professional.
Anne Kelly – Jan 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gerald Marlin, DMD?
I couldn't recommend Dr. Marlin more highly. I've been a patient for more than 30 years. I had a tooth restored by Dr. Marlin with an implant approximately 25 years ago, and it's worked well throughout the intervening time. He has been proactive in caring for my teeth, and I always know I'm in good hands not only with him but also with his excellent staff.
Peter Keisler in Washington, DC – Dec 18, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gerald Marlin, DMD?
i am 100% satisfied with my experience with Dr Marlin and the entire staff. I had extensive work done, 20 ceramic crowns and 4 root canals done. The entire team was thorough, professional, caring and worked to my schedule, which included 8 hour sessions. The tech that created the temporary and permanent t crowns is on staff and is a true artist. Dr Marlin is a perfectionist. I am 100% satisfied with the results. This should last a lifetime. I cant recommend enough Dr Marlin enough! Greg L
Greg L. in Washington, DC – Nov 21, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Gerald Marlin, DMD?

How was your experience with Dr. Marlin?

Dr. Marlin accepts

(202) 750-1977

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for District of Columbia

Check if Dr. Marlin treats your condition or procedure

• Edentulism
  • Gaps Between Teeth
  • Gum Disease Treatment
  • Gum Surgery
  • Gummy Smile (Oversized Gingiva)
  • Impacted Teeth
  • Ultrasonic Dental Cleaning
  • Upper Dentures
  • Worn Down Teeth
  • Zoom!® Teeth Whitening

Dr. Marlin takes your care, personally, and has assembled the best team in the Washington area to help provide it in the most professional, caring environment. Your crowns and other restorations will look great, fit right, and last a long time, and w...

• Prosthodontics