Dentistry  |
Dr. Gary Wiest, DMD
Dr. Wiest served as the president of the Utah Dental Association 2012-2013. Dr. Wiest is on the board for The Professional Insurance Exchange 1994-current. He reviews dental malpractice cases. Dr. Wiest is the President-Elect for the LDS Academy of Dentists. This is a worldwide service organization under the direction of Dr. Gordon Christensen, DDS. Dr. Wiest is a member of the International College of Dentists and serves as the Treasurer for the Utah Chapter.

168 W 800 N

Provo, UT 84601

• Ameritas
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Guardian

• Teeth Scaling
  • Teeth Whitening
  • Ultrasonic Dental Cleaning
  • Upper Dentures

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

• Brigham Young University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1980
  • Washington University / College Of Dental Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1985

Dr. Wiest has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Wiest has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Wiest does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Wiest and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Wiest's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Wiest to family and friends
Dr. Wiest's Performance
in Provo, UT |
This review was emailed to our office to be shared on social media. It was edited to fit this space. " I had quite a negative experience with another local dentist, leaving me with an unsatisfactory and uncomfortable result. Dr. Wiest performed the needed work and created a very successful and professional experience for me. I highly recommend Dr. Wiest for his expertise, his concern for me as an individual, and his friendly professionalism."
in Orem, UT |
Dr. Weist is a lifesaver. I made an appointment with Dr. Wiest after almost 2 years of headaches and jaw pain following a crown replacement done by a different dentist. Dr. Wiest was very kind and supportive. He took a very thorough look at my mouth and bite. He also took very comprehensive scans. He identified an overlooked abscess and was also able to make simple bite adjustments that stopped the pain! He is very understanding and really listens to his patients! Thanks Dr. Wiest!
Provo, UT |
Our family is new to Provo and we are very happy to have found Dr. Wiest. He is very experienced and has an office with technological innovations. He is a conservative dentist, not over prescribing, but treating what needs attention. He has the expertise for each member of our family: making changes to my wife's night guard; referring my son for oral surgery to remove wisdom teeth; filling cavities for my youngest son; and cleaning the teeth of the rest of us. We are in good hands.
in Orem, UT |
He has been my dentist since childhood. Incredibly personable and professional. He is up to date with technology.
in Springville UT |
Our family LOVES seeing Dr Wiest and are proud members of his "No Cavity Club"! Scheduling an appointment is easy, their staff is very knowledgeable and kind, and it's reasonably priced. A great dentist
in Orem, UT |
He is awesome and for the most part painless. Once he fixes a tooth it's fixed, I have never had to return because of further problems. His costs reasonable and gives 10% off for full payment.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
I've been a patient of the Wiest dental facility for 60 years so, yes, I am a very satisfied patient. First it was Dr. Clinton Wiest and now for 25 years Dr. Gary Wiest. They don't come any better. We drive from Salt Lake City to Provo because we don't want to change to another dentist.
Provo, UT |
Dr. Wiest is great. I don't even mind going to the dentist.
in Sparks, NV |
Excellent dental facility with top-notch staff and of course the dentist himself is excellent in every way. You'll be happy you came here!
in Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr. Weist and his staff are great. The office is always clean and comfortable. My kids love going because of the enthusiasm of the staff. I am impressed with the up-to-date technology that is used and it is clear that everyone is up-to-date with the best practices in the field. It makes for a nice, comfortable experience. I drive 40 minutes just to go because Dr. Weist and the staff are that wonderful!
in Orem, UT |
Dr. Wiest is a great dentist with a lot of experience. He helped me stay calm when I was nervous about my root canal, and the tooth felt so much better after it was fixed. He is always very thorough and makes sure I am taken care of. We have appreciated having him as a dentist all these years.
I cannot say enough good things about Dr Wiest's office. The receptionist is always very friendly and the hygienist and assistants know their patients. All in all, it's a very friendly atmosphere. Dr Wiest is very professional, yet still very personable. I had a cavity filled, and was very pleased with the work. It was quick, painless, and done very well. When I had a complication (not his fault), he got me right in and fixed it. I recommend him to all of my friends.
in Provo, UT |
The WORST Dentist I have EVER been to! Dr. Wiest is completely rude and blamed me for not being able to get my tooth fixed. Today was my FOURTH visit to fix one tooth. Why should I have to go back four times to fix one problem?! And to top it off he wouldn't fix it for me today because "I have plans at 6, so you'll need to come back." So he's telling me it takes 5 trips to fix a tooth....probably more given his record so far. This dentist has no clue what he is doing. He just shot out guesses li
We are sorry that you did not have a good experience at our office. After a tooth has a filling done, your mouth is numb. Sometimes the occlusion may need to be adjusted when you can feel it and it may require a follow up appointment. Even after the occlusion is checked, it may take a while for the nerves to calm down in a tooth that has been worked on. It is very common that a tooth needs time to feel better. You had come in two times for followup appointments and you were very uncooperative.
Have you seen Dr. Gary Wiest, DMD?

Visit Dr. Wiest

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
    Dental Blue 100/200/300
    Delta Dental PPO
    Delta Dental Premier
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA