Dr. Emerson Ehlis, DMD

Dr. Emerson Ehlis, DMD

Orthodontics  ·
Dr. Emerson Ehlis, DMD is an orthodontics practitioner in Fargo, ND and has been practicing for 4 years. He graduated from Boston University / Goldman School Of Dental Medicine in 2009 and practices orthodontics and orthodontics & dentofacial orthopedics.Read his story

4710 Amber Valley Pkwy S Ste B

Fargo, ND 58104

Learn about Dr. Ehlis

Dr. Ehlis' bio

This content was provided by Dr. Ehlis "Growing up on my family farm in North Dakota, I enjoyed the satisfaction of accomplishing tasks with my hands, but found the long days in an open field to be a bit lonely at times. During my high school years, I loved to make others laugh, which I excelled at with placing 2nd in the ND State Speech finals within the humorous duo category, with my friend and my rendition of the cantankerous Sunshine Boys. While at the University of North Dakota, I again found the chemistry laboratory to be too quiet of a work place for my liking, though I excelled in the sciences. I continued my studies, earning my Doctorate of Dental Medicine at Boston University and completing my GPR at the Minneapolis VA Medical Center. I then specialized in orthodontics by earning my Master of Science in Dentistry at the University of Colorado. Dentistry, and specifically orthodontics, offered the perfect blend of allowing for creation with my hands, challenge for my mind, while cultivating personal relationships with my coworkers and patients. As a practicing orthodontist, I understand the importance of keeping up with the latest technology and treatment options. I attend continuing education courses through the Heartland Study Club, which is a Fargo-based lecture series, and regularly travel to the annual American Association of Orthodontics (AAO) convention, in addition to regional meetings. I am also a member of several other professional organizations, including the: American Dental Association North Dakota Dental Association I love living in the North Dakota/Minnesota area. My education has afforded me the opportunity to live in Massachusetts, Florida, Texas, Michigan, and Colorado at different times for spans of weeks to years. While I loved my adventure and I learned different things about life in each location, the Fargo-Moorhead area is truly a top-notch community that we are so proud to call home. Each day, I am impressed with the caliber of our local residents and friendliness that each interaction provides. Family is our number-one priority; my wife, Katie, and I have one son, Porter, and we are thrilled to be returning to the area of our friends and family to expand our own. When I'm not in the office, I really enjoy pheasant hunting and downhill skiing. I am an avid sports fan who enjoys NFL and Bison football, University of North Dakota Hockey, and soccer, eagerly awaiting the World Cup every four years."

This content was provided by Dr. Ehlis "I firmly believe that the big things in life are accomplished by perfecting the many small steps along the way. This is true for building a smile. It starts slowly with minor changes in alignment, further small changes in fit and function, and the finishing details in placing each of the front teeth in their most ideal locations for a beautiful smile. If attention to detail is given to each step in the process, the beautiful result can create a dramatic life changing effect in each patient's life.

I think this same effect can be achieved within each patient's heart and mind. While early interactions are light-hearted and humorous, constancy in attentiveness and support fosters trust. I pride myself on my patients' willingness to share their biggest struggles in seeking my advice. I hope to improve their self-belief and positive self-images through our interactions, resulting in a lasting smile."

2  Practice Areas

• Orthodontics
  • Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for North Dakota.

• University Of North Dakota / Main Campus
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2005
  • Boston University / Goldman School Of Dental Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2009
  • University Of Colorado / School Of Dentistry
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2014

Dr. Ehlis has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Ehlis has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Ehlis does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ehlis and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Ehlis' Reviews

Be the first to leave a review

Dr. Ehlis?

How was your experience with Dr. Ehlis?