Dr. E M Makhoul, DDS

45 reviews

Makhoul Dentistry

27871 Medical Center Rd Ste 105

Mission Viejo, CA 92691

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Ameritas
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Blue Shield of California
  • Guardian
  • Health Net
  • MetLife

Learn about Dr. Makhoul

Our goal is to render the absolute best quality service in the gentlest manner using the ultimate high-tech tools. Our doctor and staff provide a friendly atmosphere with an emphasis in personalized care. We are a state-of-the-art office that provides digital X-rays, an oral camera, oral sedation and televisions and videos for our patients' viewing enjoyment. We also have toys and videos for children.

Personal Bio

"Caring is at the heart of everything I do. When you truly care, you listen more attentively, you want to help and you want to do everything right. When you truly care, the result is successful."

A 1983 graduate of Loma Linda University, Mission Viejo dentist Dr. E. M. Makhoul has been rated among the top dentists in the nation. Dr. Makhoul, having served as a dental board advisor to the Orange County chapter of the prestigious Seattle Club for Advanced Dental Education, is a member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. With a lifelong commitment to painless dentistry, Dr. E. M. Makhoul has practiced in Mission Viejo since 1983 with great emphasis on:

• Cosmetic dentistry
  • Orthodontics
  • Dentistry for the entire family
  • Dental crowns
  • Advanced Dental Technology

Our Mission Viejo, CA dentist has frequently been interviewed by the Orange County Register, on radio and on TV. He has also authored numerous articles in newspapers and magazines on general cosmetic dentistry and orthodontics.

In 1985, Dr. Makhoul initiated the disc ID drive for children in Orange County and was instrumental in assisting the missing child program's awareness for parents.

In 2008 Dr. Makoul was selected as one of America's Top Dentists by Consumers' Research Council of America.

Dr. Makhoul is happily married and has two wonderful girls. His patients describe him as a compassionate man of integrity and a perfectionist gentle dentist.

• Cosmetic Dentistry

• Dental Injury
  • Dental Spacing
  • Dental Trauma
  • Gingivitis
  • Gummy Smile (Oversized Gingiva)
  • Loose Teeth

• Upper Dentures
  • Zoom!® Teeth Whitening
  • da Vinci® Veneers
  • e.max® Dental Crowns

No malpractice history found for California.

• Loma Linda University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1979
  • Loma Linda University / School of Dentistry
    Medical School | Graduated 1983
  • 2 Additional Years Of Orthodontics
    Other Education | Completed 1986

Dr. Makhoul has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Makhoul has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Makhoul does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Makhoul and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Makhoul's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Makhoul to family and friends
Dr. Makhoul Says:

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the survey.  I really appreciate the time you took to provide feedback on your experience and I strive to make every patient experience an exceptional one. Should you have a concern of any kind, please contact us immediately so we can work with you personally to resolve it.

Sincerely,

- Dr. E. M. Makhoul

Dr. Makhoul's Performance
in Santa Ana, CA |
Fast and caring service . Friendly and professional. I was thinking about switching to a dental office closer to where I live now in Santa Ana but it is definitely worth the extra drive.
in Mission Viejo, CA |
Everyone is very nice and caring. Very friendly and professional. They got me in and out quickly, appreciate the honest appraisal of my situation. No pushing into procedures that aren't needed. Almost makes it fun to go to the dentist!
in Mission Viejo, CA |
Dr. Makhoul and his staff are the best! Everyone is friendly, professional and they care about you! Yolie is one of the best dental hygienists I have gone to. Highly recommend this dental practice.
in Mission Viejo, CA |
Dr. Makhoul and his entire staff are the best in dental care. I feel totally confident that everything is always under control. My family has put him to the test and he comes out winning and we smiling.
in San Clemente, CA |
On time! Happy! Always a delight with the Makhoul family!
in Trabuco Canyon, CA |
My experiences with Dr. Makhoul and his staff have been nothing short of perfect for many years.
in Mission Viejo, CA |
Great exam, cleaning and xrays. As always, the best.
in Lake Forest, CA |
I can't say enough good things about Dr. Makhoul and his staff. Everyone is very professional and friendly. They make every visit to the dentist and enjoyable experience. I would recommend Dr.Makhoul to anyone who needs to go to a dentist. I also want to give big kudos to Yolie. She is awesome! I can't even remember how many years she has been cleaning my teeth, but she always does a great job! She always has a smile on her face and she somehow makes getting your teeth cleaned a fun experience.
in Mission Viejo, CA |
This time I had a molar pulled and as usual there was no pain. Done in an efficient manner. Have been with Makhoul, D.D.S. for over 2 years now, he's the best yet!!!
in Mission Viejo, CA |
I have only good things to say about Dr. E.M. Makhoul and his staff. I have been under his dental care for the last 20 years.
in Laguna Niguel, Ca |
Always a pleasur e my teeth look great I get extra compliments
in San Juan Capistrano, CA |
Every time I go to the dentist I'm always treated well. The office staff is very attentive and compassionate and Dr. Makhoul is very knowledgable and gentle in his approach. That's why I've been using their services for 22+ years and I recommend them to family and friends. Yolie is awesome. I love how gentle yet thorough she is. And her sense of humor and customer service is the best ever.
in Ladera Ranch, CA |
Dr. Makhoul thanks for the 14 years of excellent service and taking care of me and my family. You had lots of challenges , thanks again.
in Mission Viejo, CA |
The staff is excellent and really shows an interest in their patients. If you need a Dentist or a "perky" Hygienst who really takes the time to do it right, then this is the place to go for all of your dental needs. Dr. Makhoul is a fine dentist who is truly interested in his patients.
in Aliso Viejo, CA |
Amazing office!! Always on time, personable, professional, and GENTLE!
in Mission Viejo, CA |
In for a cleaning and check, from front office to back these people are the BEST!
in Laguna Niguel, CA |
Dr. Makhoul has been my dentist for years. He and his staff are exceptional. I give them the highest praise!
in Mission Viejo, CA |
Quick and wonderful as always.
in San Clemente, CA |
Yolie is fantastically gentle and pleasant with the cleaning. Thank you for your excellent care!
in Irvine, CA |
I drive from Tustin area just so I can see these wonderful people. Yolie is the best. The girls at this place are so awesome! They just have the best place to get your teeth done.
Very efficient and professional
in Laguna Beach, Ca |
I love Dr. Makhoul's Office! He is so gentle. He turned my fears of the dentist into confidence! I really trust everything Dr. Makhoul says and does. He takes his time to explain and make sure I understand what is going on. Him and his staff are a wonderful team.
in Irvine, CA |
Dr. Makhoul and his staff are the absolute best. They are always on time, explain everything so there are no surprises (whether that be the dental treatment explanation or the cost of my treatment), and the office is very clean. My visits are always enjoyable and I plan to keep him as my dentist as long as he is working!
in Aliso Viejo, CA |
Dr. Makhoul gave me a beautiful smile! I always get compliments on my straight white teeth. I really got to know the whole staff throughout the years I was in braces. Everyone is so nice and like family! I would never go anywhere else.
in Mission Viejo, CA |
Dr. Makhoul and his staff are always prompt, professional, and highly customer-focused. I've been a client for more than ten years and wouldn't even consider going anywhere else. I highly recommend this dental practice!
in Mission Viejo, CA |
Amazing group of people. I enjoy every appointment. Friendly staff, always on time, and gentle. Doesn't get any better than that!
in Laguna Woods, CA |
Everything was as expected. The staff and the doctor are pleasant timely and professional.
in Laguna Hills, CA |
Excellent experience as always, Thank you !!!!!!!
in Mission Viejo, CA |
Everyone was wonderful and friendly from the front office people, the dental hygienist and of course Dr. Makhoul.
in Lake Forest, CA |
My family and I have been patients for 21 fabulous years.
in escondido |
So gentle, I almost fell asleep in the chair.
Have you seen Dr. E M Makhoul, DDS?

Visit Dr. Makhoul

Dr. Makhoul accepts 17 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Ameritas