Dr. Edward R. Altherr, DMD

Dr. Edward R. Altherr, DMD

93 reviews

Orthodontics | Male | 48 years old

I have been practicing orthodontics since 2002 and also practiced dentistry for two years prior to that. My dental experience has instilled the importance of overall oral health and how orthodontics affects the mouth, jaws, and even the total body health. I have a greater understanding for my patients' needs because of this experience and can provide each patient with the customized treatment plan that works best for them. One of the best parts of my job is building lasting relationships with the people in our community. I work with people of all ages, and I love watching the kids grow and the adult patients get the beautiful smiles they deserve. It's always rewarding to me to run into patients and parents in the community and to see their beautiful, healthy smiles. I know that my patients come to me to attain healthy, beautiful smiles, but they also want a positive and comfortable orthodontic experience. My wonderful staff is very outgoing and welcoming to each patient, and I am lucky to work with such talented and caring people. All of us love what we do and really care about our patients!Read more

Altherr Orthodontics

Tuesday's Hours: 8:30AM - 5:00PM
View Office hours

Learn about this dentist

Our drive is to exceed your expectations. We do this by providing the highest quality orthodontic care and service for you and your family in a fun and warm environment.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Altherr's Experience

Visiting Dr. Altherr

Dr. Altherr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Altherr to family and friends
Dr. Altherr's Performance
in Cary, NC |
My experience with Dr. Altherr and his team in Apex has been fantastic! My daughter had some unique and difficult problems with missing teeth. Prior to even starting any treatment, Dr. A explained all of the treatment options for us so that we could make the best decision for her. Needless to say, we are thrilled with the results. Our appointments were always on time as well as the overall treatment time. We highly recommend Altherr Orthodontics!
in Cary, NC |
A shout out to Dr.Altherr & his staff. I shopped around before I found Dr. Altherr's office. From the beginning I never felt like just a number. He never rushed and wasn't just in and out with my initial exam (like some others in this area) he explained everything in detail, making me feel very comfortable abt. my decision when I left. He is not only SKILLED & efficient but caring&kind. He & his friendly staff are such a joy to be around!! I am so happy to become a part of your ortho family!
Apex NC |
This man ruined my teeth!!!! If he tells you that you need your teeth "disked"...run in the other direction. My teeth were so poorly corrected and disked that I had to undergo reconstructive dental procedures which cost my parents tens of thousands of dollars. I even had 2 consultations with other orthodontists in the Cary/Apex area who said that the individual who was responsible should not be practicing dentistry let alone orthodontics.
in Cary, NC |
I have had 4 experiences with braces for my family. Dr. Altherr and his staff are the best! They care about all their patients. Your appointments are always timely. They are so friendly and helpful. I have recommended them to everyone!
Have you seen Dr. Edward R. Altherr, DMD?

Dr. Altherr says...

Dr. Altherr's Care Philosophy

Dr. Altherr says...

Our orthodontic services include metal and clear braces for children, teens, and adults, as well as Invisalign® clear aligners and Invisalign Teen™. We also utilize soft-tissue lasers and TADs when applicable. Our functional appliances will help you and your family attain a healthy smile and bite that everyone deserves, with comfortable treatment as well.

Dr. Altherr's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthodontics

Dr. Altherr has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

Why It Matters: Dr. Altherr's Board Certifications

• Orthodontics

• Crooked Teeth
  • Crossbite
  • Dental Crowding
  • Dental Spacing
  • Gaps Between Teeth
  • Malocclusion (Bad Bite)
  • Misaligned Teeth

Diplomate American Board Of Orthodontics

Completed in 2010

Masters Degree

Completed in 2002

Dr. Altherr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Altherr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthodontics