Dr. Edward Altherr, DMD

Dr. Edward Altherr, DMD

Orthodontics  |
124 reviews

I have been practicing orthodontics since 2002 and also practiced dentistry for two years prior to that. My dental experience has instilled the importance of overall oral health and how orthodontics affects the mouth, jaws, and even the total body health. I have a greater understanding for my patients' needs because of this experience and can provide each patient with the customized treatment plan that works best for them. One of the best parts of my job is building lasting relationships with the people in our community. I work with people of all ages, and I love watching the kids grow and the adult patients get the beautiful smiles they deserve. It's always rewarding to me to run into patients and parents in the community and to see their beautiful, healthy smiles. I know that my patients come to me to attain healthy, beautiful smiles, but they also want a positive and comfortable orthodontic experience. My wonderful staff is very outgoing and welcoming to each patient, and I am lucky to work with such talented and caring people. All of us love what we do and really care about our patients!...See Less

Altherr Orthodontics

1011 W Williams St Ste 101

Apex, NC 27502

Learn about Dr. Altherr

Patient Testimonials

Being a teenager with braces is tough enough. Having an Orthodontist and caring staff that is patient, kind and responsive is important. My parents and I appreciated the consultation and options. The payment plans make it affordable for my parents. All in all...a pretty good experience. I look forward to my new smile soon!!

Our drive is to exceed your expectations. We do this by providing the highest quality orthodontic care and service for you and your family in a fun and warm environment.

• Orthodontics
  • Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics

• Crooked Teeth
  • Crossbite
  • Dental Crowding
  • Dental Spacing
  • Gaps Between Teeth
  • Malocclusion (Bad Bite)
  • Misaligned Teeth

• Retainer Therapy
  • Retainers
  • Spacers for Braces
  • Springs for Braces

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

• University of North Carolina At Chapel Hill
  • Diplomate American Board Of Orthodontics
    Other Education | Completed 2010
  • Masters Degree
    Other Education | Completed 2002

Dr. Altherr has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Altherr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Altherr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Altherr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Altherr to family and friends
Dr. Altherr's Performance
in Cary, NC |
I cannot recommend Dr. Altherr and his practice enough. I had an outstanding experience with them. They took time to discuss all of my treatment options, they devised a great treatment plan for me, they explained everything to me in clear and understandable terms, they were sincere and honest, and the results were fantastic. Dr. Altherr is an incredible talented orthodontist who is surrounded by an equally talented staff. They are accessible and patient-oriented.
in Cary NC |
Several members of my immediate family have been treated by Dr. Altherr, and we have found both he and his team to be very professional and talented. Both of my children had to have some initial work done prior to having braces, and Dr. Altherr was able to implement those corrective treatments so that they were ready when time for a full braces course of treatment. We would highly recommend this practice to anyone considering orthodontic care.
in Apex, NC |
We have had a really great experience at Altherr Orthodontics. The staff is accommodating and easy to work with on scheduling appts. Dr. Altherr was fantastic with both of my boys. I have recommended Altherr Orthodontics many times and will continue to do so!
in Apex, NC |
All three of my children have had braces over the last six years, & I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Dr. Altherr to everyone. I have known Dr. A since elementary school, & even then, he paid great attention to the details, so it was an easy choice for me to send my children to him. His staff is very friendly. The office is well-organized & easy to work with scheduling appointments. We don’t have to wait when we arrive, which is very important as well. My childrens' teeth turned out perfectly!
in Cary, NC |
My experience with Dr. Altherr and his team in Apex has been fantastic! My daughter had some unique and difficult problems with missing teeth. Prior to even starting any treatment, Dr. A explained all of the treatment options for us so that we could make the best decision for her. Needless to say, we are thrilled with the results. Our appointments were always on time as well as the overall treatment time. We highly recommend Altherr Orthodontics!
in Cary, NC |
A shout out to Dr.Altherr & his staff. I shopped around before I found Dr. Altherr's office. From the beginning I never felt like just a number. He never rushed and wasn't just in and out with my initial exam (like some others in this area) he explained everything in detail, making me feel very comfortable abt. my decision when I left. He is not only SKILLED & efficient but caring&kind. He & his friendly staff are such a joy to be around!! I am so happy to become a part of your ortho family!
Apex NC |
This man ruined my teeth!!!! If he tells you that you need your teeth "disked"...run in the other direction. My teeth were so poorly corrected and disked that I had to undergo reconstructive dental procedures which cost my parents tens of thousands of dollars. I even had 2 consultations with other orthodontists in the Cary/Apex area who said that the individual who was responsible should not be practicing dentistry let alone orthodontics.
Although we sincerely try to make all of our patients happy, evidently, this was not the case with this disatisfied & anonymous former patient. It is very difficult to respond to this review since I have no idea who this person is, but please know that there is always two sides to every story, and that I have never, ever ruined any of my patients' teeth. Sincerely, Edward R. Altherr, DMD, MS, Dipomate Am. Board of Orthodontics.
Have you seen Dr. Edward Altherr, DMD?

Visit Dr. Altherr