Dentistry  |
Male
Dr. Eduardo Vargas, DDS
Dr. Vargas received his dental degree from Xavier University in Bogotá, Colombia in 1984. In the fall of 1988, he started two post-graduate programs at the prestigious State University of New York at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine. He simultaneously worked on a Certificate in Prosthodontics and a Master of Oral Sciences. He completed his Certificate in Prosthodontics in 1990 and his Masters in 1991. His research on dental implant alloys received an award from the American Academy of Implant Dentistry and was published in the top scientific journal on the subject, The International Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Implants. Dr. Vargas moved to Maryland and began practicing in Bowie in 1991. He was also invited to become a Clinical Instructor at the University of Maryland Dental School, where he taught for two years. He's a member of the American College of Prosthodontists, the American Dental Association and the Maryland State Dental Association. He's a Premier Invisalign provider. Dr. Vargas maintains a strong connection with the Senior Citizens of Bowie. He is a rabid Redskins and Nationals fan, and he also enjoys following Formula One racing. He's an avid reader and a movie buff. He also enjoys swimming in his free time.

Dr. E. Vargas & Associates

17000 Science Dr Ste 206

Bowie, MD 20715

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Careington International
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Principal Financial Group

Learn about Dr. Vargas

Drs. Eduardo Vargas and Tam Nguyen are committed to offering the best dental and orthodontic care available for the whole family in a compassionate, relaxed atmosphere, utilizing the most advanced technology available.

One of the first things people notice about you is your smile! At E. Vargas DDS & Associates LLC, we are pleased to provide several general and aesthetic treatment options for enhancing your smile, as well as preventative tips, implants and orthodontic treatment with Invisalign®.

We appreciate your interest in our practice. Working together we can assist your entire family in maintaining healthy, beautiful smiles for years to come. Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have. Thank you for choosing E. Vargas DDS & Associates LLC!

• Cosmetic Dentistry

• Dental Restoration
  • Dentures
  • Invisalign®
  • Zoom!® Teeth Whitening

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maryland.

• Xavier University, Bogota, Colombia
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1984
  • Xavier University, Bogota, Colombia
    Medical School | Graduated 1984
  • Georgetown University / School of Dentistry
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1988
  • State University Of New York At Buffalo / School Of Dental Medicine
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1991

Dr. Vargas has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Vargas has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Vargas does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Vargas and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Vargas' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Vargas to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Vargas' Performance
Laurel, MD |
I have been a patient of Dr. Vargas for over 10 years by way of introduction from my dentist for prosthodontics. He is a gifted dentist and very exacting. I highly recommend him for general dental care and as one of the best prosthodontists in the area.
in Dunkirk, MD |
Dr. Vargas and his staff are wonderful. I came to his practice about 4/5 yrs ago. I was at my wits end with previous dentists, failed crowns, root canals, even fillings. I had been to many who all gave me a different dental plan that would line their pockets but kept me spinning wheels with no resolution. After I consulted with him, he and his staff "we" decided on a treatment plan and it was done in a timely fashion. He is a wonderful person who takes pride in his work and his patients.
Quarryville, PA |
Excellent Staff and Dr Vargas is wonderful. They are on time and skilled at all they do.
Bowie, MD |
Professional staff and very nice office!
Baltimore, MD |
Provided what I want from a dental practice: good dentistry, caring, no scolding, help with insurance, friendly
Annapolis, MD |
I love my dentist at this office. She is very attentive and is excellent at her craft. I would highly recommend this office, and her specifically, to anyone looking for a new dentist!
Bowie, MD |
Dr Vargas and his staff are warm and friendly professional experts. They are very thorough and take the time to listen.
in Washington, DC |
Staff is rude and hygienists do not follow instructions. I asked the hygienist to use the water pick to clean my teeth when I made my appt, followed-up a few days before my appt. and spoke to her, mentioned it again the morning of my appt before she started. She did not use the water pic. Not sure if she knew how. I complained and the hygienists was rude. I complained to the Office Manager. and she was very rude to me. Very rude. No professionalism and the Dr. was never available to help.
in Upper Marlboro, MD |
Dr. Vargas and staff are friendly and would definite recommend to others. I have been a patient for over 10 years had never had an issue so I keep coming back, awesome dentist and staff.
in James |
Love Dr. V and his staff. Very friendly, practically painless. Best experience I have ever had at a dental office!
in Bowie, MD |
I have been seeing Dr. Vargas for 24 years and I would highly recommend him. I was missing a number of teeth do to my going to a 'puller' dentist rather than one who would save teeth when I was in my early 20s. Dr. Vargas provided me with implants that gave me back the ability to chew and enjoy food once again. I have been seeing him ever since and I am 77 yrs old now. I would not go to anyone else. He is an expert in my eyes, or should I say mouth?
Have you seen Dr. Eduardo Vargas, DDS?
Are you Dr. Vargas?

Visit Dr. Vargas

Dr. Vargas accepts 14 insurance carriers
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Careington International
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Principal Financial Group
    TriCare for Life

View other dentists with similar experience to find the right dentist for you.