Dr. Dorothy Rooney, DMD

Dr. Dorothy Rooney, DMD

Dentistry  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Dorothy Rooney, DMD is a dentistry practitioner in Philadelphia, PA and has been practicing for 30 years. She graduated from Tufts University School Of Dental Medicine in 1988 and practices dentistry, orthodontics, and more.Read her story

3330 Grant Ave Unit 25

• Guardian
  • MetLife

Learn about Dr. Rooney

Dr. Rooney's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Rooney "I worked for my family dentist one summer while in high school and liked the interaction with the patients. At the time, it never occurred to me that a woman could go to dental school, so I opted for nursing instead. I graduated from nursing school at a time when there was a big influx of women in medicine. My thought then became, if they can do it, so can I. Eventually, I got the BA degree that I needed and was accepted to dental school. After graduating from Tufts University School of Dental Medicine in Boston, MA I returned home to NE Philadelphia. It was hear that I opened my practice in 1991 near where I grew up. In addition to having my private practice, I also am the clinical instructor 1.5 days a week at Manor Dental Health Center in the EFDA program."

This content was provided by Dr. Rooney "My practice philosophy is to treat the whole person, taking into account not only their dental needs but also their medical needs. When possible, I offer more than one treatment option since I understand that each person has different financial abilities. I will listen closely to concerns and questions and will educate them as necessary. "

5  Practice Areas

• Tooth Attrition
  • Tooth Damage
  • Tooth Demineralization
  • Tooth Discoloration

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• Lankenau Hospital School Of Nursing
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1976
  • Long Island University, Southampton Center
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1980
  • Tufts University School Of Dental Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1988

Dr. Rooney has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Rooney has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Rooney does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rooney and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Rooney's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rooney to family and friends
3 total reviews (1 has a comment)

Dr. Rooney's Performance

I have a phobia about going to the dentist. I feel very comfortable when I need to get any type of dental procedures done there. I get panic attacks and have anxiety. Going to Dr. Rooney's office I feel at ease. The staff are very courteous, friendly and very professional.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0