Dr. Donald Rollofson, DMD

Dr. Donald Rollofson, DMD

Orthodontics  ·

Dr. Donald Rollofson, DMD is an orthodontics practitioner in Elk Grove, CA and has been practicing for 37 years. He practices orthodontics.Read his story

Elk Grove Orthodontics

9727 Elk Grove Florin Rd Ste 280

Elk Grove, CA 95624

• Ameritas
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • United Concordia

Learn about Dr. Rollofson

Dr. Rollofson's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Rollofson "A smile is one of our most important assets, and I love helping our patients achieve their best smile, both inside and out. It has been my pleasure to have worked at Elk Grove Orthodontics for 36 fabulous years. One of the greatest things about working with our patients for such a long time is seeing them grow, go off to college, and thrive … and then bring us their kids as patients, which has happened literally hundreds if not thousands of times! COMMITMENT TO EDUCATION I went to Oregon State University for my undergraduate degree and attended Oregon Health & Science University for my Doctorate of Dental Medicine — graduating with highest honors. I spent three years in the US Navy, including a one-year hospital general practice residency. Then I returned to OHSU to complete my orthodontic training before moving to Elk Grove and opening Elk Grove’s first full-time orthodontic practice. I regularly attend continuing education courses through our local dental society, the California Dental Association, as well as state and national orthodontic meetings. This keeps our practice current and innovative. PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS Sacramento District Dental Society, past president California Dental Association American Dental Association, life member California Association of Orthodontists, past trustee and foundation chair Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontists American Association of Orthodontists, life member Honorary fellow: International College of Dentists, American College of Dentists, Pierre Fauchard Academy OUR OFFICE Our team is so special because they have remained with EG Ortho for so many years, had their kids, raised their families, brought all their kids in to be our patients, and still enjoy coming to the office every day! We are all deeply committed to enhancing the lives of our patients by creating great smiles in a fun and positive environment. Our practice has been voted Best Elk Grove Orthodontist seven years in a row and been chosen as a Top Orthodontist in Sacramento Magazine. OUTSIDE THE OFFICE I was born and raised in Oregon, but my years in the Navy and the joy of running led me to the sunnier climate here in Sacramento. My wife Janet is absolutely the greatest friend and partner and works as a mortgage broker with Guild Mortgage. My oldest daughter Christy is a family dentist here in Elk Grove. She has given us a wonderful granddaughter and a grandson soon to be. My son Bryan is finishing a master’s degree in English, and youngest Madelyn just graduated from Loyola Marymount. Janet’s daughter Michele recently graduated from San Diego State. We are blessed to have Janet’s 96-year-old father Ray living comfortably with us, and he shares our black Labrador Riley and black cat Precious. When I’m not working, we enjoy running and doing marathons, skiing, hiking, fishing, and bird hunting. We love times at our Lake Almanor cabin and our many friends. IN THE COMMUNITY For many years, I have been involved in organized dentistry and helping the underserved in our community. My team and I have been so blessed in our personal and professional lives that paying it forward for those less fortunate has become our passion. Twenty-six years ago, I co-founded Smiles for Kids, a pro bono dental program that has helped as many as 1,000 kids a year with their dental needs. I also founded the SFK orthodontic program, which has provided nearly 800 kids with full orthodontic care due to the generosity of 70 area orthodontists. Five years ago, I was a founding member of CDA Cares-Mission of Mercy (MOM), a free dental clinic open twice each year throughout California. Each clinic helps about 2,000 low-income patients, and this effort has become a passion of my entire family. We have traveled to numerous other states to volunteer and manage other MOM and Remote Area Medical (RAM) events. I have also served on the Sutter Medical Center and Kaiser Permanente craniofacial/cleft palate teams. These patients have such incredibly complex dental and orthodontic needs that their care tests our ability and imagination … and keeps me young! "

This content was provided by Dr. Rollofson "It is what people see first and remember the most...Your Smile. Dr Rollofson is committed to the oral health needs of children and adults. Dr. Rollofson received his doctorate of dental medicine (DMD) and orthodontic specialty certificate from the Oregon Health Sciences Center. Dr. Rollofson's practice was the first orthodontic office in Elk Grove and he has specialized here since 1981. Recently opening a second location in Sacramento at 9296 Vintage Park Drive Suite #300. Welcome new patients"

1  Practice Areas

• Dental Crowding
  • Dental Spacing
  • Gaps Between Teeth
  • Malocclusion - Short Stature Syndrome
  • Malocclusion (Bad Bite)
  • Misaligned Teeth

• Snoring Prevention
  • Spacers for Braces
  • Springs for Braces
  • Teeth Whitening

No malpractice history found for California.

• Oregon State University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • Ore Hsc
    Medical School | Graduated
  • Naval Medical Center San Diego
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1977
  • Oreg Hsc
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1981

Dr. Rollofson has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Rollofson has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Rollofson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rollofson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Rollofson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rollofson to family and friends
169 total reviews (1 has a comment)

Dr. Rollofson's Performance

Great place!! Very friendly doctor and staff! Best orthodontist in Sacramento area!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0