Dr. Donald Adams, DDS

Dr. Donald Adams, DDS

Dentistry  ·

Dr. Donald Adams, DDS is a dentistry practitioner in Matthews, NC and has been practicing for 36 years. He practices dentistry.Read his story

Donald P Adams Dentistry

201 E Matthews St

Matthews, NC 28105

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Adams

Dr. Adams' bio

This content was provided by Dr. Adams "The past 33 years that I have practiced dentistry, have been the best of my life. It is so rewarding to see a patient who may have been lax in personal dental care become a wise consumer of dental services and a faithful practitioner of dental habits that help insure good long-term oral health. I enjoy educating our patients and helping them to become empowered to be an equal partner in achieving excellent dental health. The relationships I’ve developed with our patients over the years mean a great deal to me. Of course, I couldn’t possibly do all this on my own. Our team members are people of great personal and professional integrity, who understand the importance of their work and who are committed to continuous learning and growth. They focus on excellence in providing services to our patients and enjoy helping to build a sense of family and community in our practice. Education and Continuing Education I have always been interested in life and health sciences. As an undergraduate at UNC-Chapel Hill, I had the enlightening experience of volunteering as a patient at the dental school, which resulted in my specific interest in dentistry. I stayed on at UNC-Chapel Hill for my dental education, and earned my Doctorate of Dental Surgery. I am committed to life-long professional learning, and I therefore arrange for our entire staff to participate in the highest quality professional development opportunities sponsored by the American Dental Association, the North Carolina Dental Association, and the UNC-Chapel Hill Dental School. We also regularly attend the Hinman Dental Meeting, which is recognized as the gold standard of dental continuing education. It is our goal to keep our knowledge, experience, and technology up to date in order to provide the highest quality and most contemporary treatment options for my patients. Outside the Office I grew up in New Bern, NC and have lived in Matthews, NC for over 40 years. My wife, Diane, has worked for Charlotte-Mecklenburg schools for 35 years and is the system’s most senior principal. We have been blessed with two children: Jennifer lives in Vienna, Austria and works for the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe, as their gender specialist. Emily recently moved to Munich, Germany to attend the Business School of the University of Munich to obtain her MBA in international finance. When not at the office, look for me working in my yard, kayaking and fishing at Lake Lure, visiting my daughters, snow skiing in Colorado, or watching UNC basketball. I’m also interested in providing healthcare to underserved areas of our state. I have recently developed the Lake Lure Medical Park in conjunction with the Mountain Area Health and Education Center in Lake Lure, N.C."

This content was provided by Dr. Adams "Donald P Adams Dentistry has been an integral part of the Matthews, Charlotte, and Monroe, NC communities for over 33 years. Our patients often span three generations of the same family, making our practice truly an extended family. It is our goal to provide the finest quality of dental care in a warm and caring atmosphere, which best serves our patients and community. We want to maximize our patients' dental health using the most conservative, contemporary techniques and technology."

1  Practice Areas

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

• University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Dentistry
    Medical School | Graduated 1982

Dr. Adams has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Adams has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Adams does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Adams and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Adams' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Adams to family and friends
16 total reviews (1 has a comment)

Dr. Adams' Performance

Hello Don! I'm very surprised to find you on the internet :) Maybe you remember me? I'm Maria Jochum (now Duer) and I was the Aupair of Jennifer and Emily in 1992/93. I often think of you all and hope you are all fine? Oh - my Feedback about your job: when you took a first look in my mouth you were...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option1