Dr. Dexter Flemming, DDS

Dr. Dexter Flemming, DDS

Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery  |
I was born and raised in Trinidad and attended dental school on a scholarship. After earning my DDS degree, I completed a general practice residency, an oral medicine residency and a Master of Science in oral biology at the University of Missouri. I taught hospital dentistry at the University of Michigan and served as the assistant general practice residency director until I entered the oral and maxillofacial surgery residency at the Ohio State University in 2003. I have been in private practice since finishing that residency in 2007. I enjoy my family life, cooking, sports, and I am active in my church.

14600 Pennsylvania Rd

Southgate, MI 48195

• DenteMax
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Guardian
  • Medicare
  • MetLife

Learn about Dr. Flemming

See how frequently Dr. Flemming performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Dentofacial Anomalies

Dr. Flemming's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Flemming "My practice is based around four core values: compassion, trust, respect, and accountability. My staff and I take all the steps necessary to ensure that every patient feels welcome, is at ease, and has a wonderful experience while under our care. We use the latest technology and proven methods to provide every patient with the best care possible, leading to predictable results.

The importance of having a kind, knowledgeable, and well-trained staff cannot be overstated. My staff and I regularly participate in continuing education classes so that we are all up-to-date on the latest standards of oral and maxillofacial surgery. Our hope is that this combination of friendliness and knowledge will put our patients at ease during their course of treatment."

• Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery

• Implant-Supported Dentures
  • Restoration of Dental Implants
  • Simple Tooth Extractions
  • Teeth Extraction

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• Ohio State University / College Of Dentistry
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2007
  • University Of Missouri-Kansas City / School Of Dentistry

Dr. Flemming has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Flemming does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Flemming and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Flemming's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Flemming to family and friends
3.7
Dr. Flemming's Performance
in Browns town, MI |
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND DR FLEMMING! HE JUST SAVED CHRISTMAS FOR MY 5 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER BY BEING AN OUTSTANDING HUMAN BEING AND DISCOUNTING MY WISDOM TOOTH REMOVAL TO THE COST THE DENTIST WAS GOING TO TAKE IT OUT AT..BUT DIDNT FEEL COMFORTABLE AT THE LAST MINUTE, BC OF MY HEALTH ISSUES. 88 DOLLARS. I AM LEGALY DISABLED WITH RA, AND ALSO A SINGLE MOTHER.. I HAD SAVED UP EXACTLY 200 DOLLARS WITH MY FIXED INCOME WHICH IS NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE. HE REFUSED TO TAKE AWAY ALL MY CHRISTMAS MONEY AND THEN SOME
in Lincoln Park, mi |
Excellent care. The staff is polite and thorough, and the Dr is excellent.
in Monroe, MI |
Great job removed lesion from my mouth. No pain during surgery or recovery. Good patient dr. Relation. Very informative.
in Grosse Ile |
Dr Flemming is the best! He is a kind and gracious man. His knowledge is exceptional. I went to Dr Flemming to have 2 implants removed that were placed by another doctor that had failed. My experience was painless and Dr Flemming and his staff made me feel at ease during the procedure. I plan to return and have Dr Flemming place new implants. I would highly recommend Dr Flemming to anyone who needs a great oral surgeon!
in Milford, MI |
Dr. Flemming is an excellent oral surgeon who has a real interest in his patient and a great sense of humor. His staff are friendly, competent and helpful. They were all very responsive to my concerns.
in taylor |
I had my wisdom teeth extracted today and besides some minor pain, I'm doing fine.The staff was very helpful and nice. Dr. Flemming was great with putting an iv in when I needed to go under. A lot of other doctors I've had just dug in my arm. The numbness lasted 10 hours so I haven't been in pain for much of the day which was great. The staff called me before they closed to see how I was doing and I thought that was nice. I will be recommending him to everyone I know. I am pleased with his work.
Have you seen Dr. Dexter Flemming, DDS?
Are you Dr. Flemming?

Visit Dr. Flemming

Evening
Dr. Flemming accepts 9 insurance carriers
  • DenteMax
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA