Dr. Dexter Flemming, DDS

Dr. Dexter Flemming, DDS

Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery  |
Dr. Dexter Flemming, DDS is an oral & maxillofacial surgery specialist in Southgate, MI and has been practicing for 11 years. He practices oral & maxillofacial surgery and dentistry.Read his story

14600 Pennsylvania Rd

Southgate, MI 48195

• DenteMax
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Guardian
  • Medicare
  • MetLife

Learn about Dr. Flemming

See how frequently Dr. Flemming performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Dentofacial Anomalies

Dr. Flemming's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Flemming's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Flemming "I was born and raised in Trinidad and attended dental school on a scholarship. After earning my DDS degree, I completed a general practice residency, an oral medicine residency and a Master of Science in oral biology at the University of Missouri. I taught hospital dentistry at the University of Michigan and served as the assistant general practice residency director until I entered the oral and maxillofacial surgery residency at the Ohio State University in 2003. I have been in private practice since finishing that residency in 2007. I enjoy my family life, cooking, sports, and I am active in my church."

This content was provided by Dr. Flemming "My practice is based around four core values: compassion, trust, respect, and accountability. My staff and I take all the steps necessary to ensure that every patient feels welcome, is at ease, and has a wonderful experience while under our care. We use the latest technology and proven methods to provide every patient with the best care possible, leading to predictable results.

The importance of having a kind, knowledgeable, and well-trained staff cannot be overstated. My staff and I regularly participate in continuing education classes so that we are all up-to-date on the latest standards of oral and maxillofacial surgery. Our hope is that this combination of friendliness and knowledge will put our patients at ease during their course of treatment."

• Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery

• Dentofacial Anomalies
  • Edentulism
  • Impacted Teeth

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• Ohio State University / College of Dentistry
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2007
  • University of Missouri - Kansas City / School of Dentistry

Dr. Flemming has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Flemming does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Flemming and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Flemming's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Flemming to family and friends
3.9
based on 26 total reviews (11 with comments)

Dr. Flemming's Performance

Office environment
Staff friendliness
Average wait time

in Brownstown, MI
Our experience was with Dr Gupta. Very caring and concerned for patient. Went out of his way to be as gentle as possible but still resolve problem.
in Allen Park
Dexter Flemming, DDS and his staff are very knowledgeable, skilled & kind to Patients and Families. I give Dr. Flemming a 5 out of 5 rating for knowledge, talent, professionalism, kindness to patients, families & staff and cleanliness of office and equipment!! Highly recommend this oral surgeon!...more
in Detroit
What bad can I say he's the worst Dr I ever met....lol I never had any work done to my teeth ever ...they did an amazing job
in Southgate,Mi.
I just recently had 2 teeth extracted By Dr. Anish A. Gupta,DDS,MS,at The Michigan Center for Oral Surgery. From the First Call to the office,to the extractions,was one week. They are very professional and friendly. I would highly recommend Dr.Gupta to preform oral surgery. I was very Pleased when...more
in Lincoln Park
Best experience possible at a dentist. From the receptionist to the Dr. The dental assistant Arayna was the nicest. She took time to answer all my questions and concerns. Dr Gupta is great. Played my favorite music and was gentle.

Are you Dr. Flemming?