Dr. Derek Scott, DDS

Dr. Derek Scott, DDS

Dentistry  ·

Dr. Derek Scott, DDS is a dentistry practitioner in Kingwood, TX and has been practicing for 18 years. He practices dentistry, periodontics, and more.Read his story

Derek Scott DDS

1520 Green Oak Pl Ste C

Kingwood, TX 77339

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Scott

Dr. Scott's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Scott "I enjoy dentistry, not only because of the satisfaction I get from helping my patients live healthier lives, but because it provides constant challenges for me to meet. It is a study of art and science, function and aesthetics. I treat my patients how I would personally want to be treated. I reinforce education, not judgment, and empower them to make informed decisions about what is right for them. My care philosophy is focused on treating the root of the problem: being proactive in dentistry not just fixing things after they break. As one of the only medical professionals in the area to treat TMJ disorders and orofacial pain, I have chosen to take a holistic approach to dentistry. Whether a patient experiences chronic headaches or grinding of teeth, there is always an underlying problem to identify and treat. By treating the source of the issue and not just addressing the symptoms, I am able to provide patients with longer-lasting, healthier solutions. Of course, I wouldn’t be able to do any of this just on my own. My staff has been with me for many years, and they’re such a special group of people. We all go out of our way to make patients happy with us, from staying on time to caring for their dental needs with the best technology on the market. We share the same goal each and every day: providing the ultimate in patient care. EDUCATION AND CONTINUING EDUCATION I completed my undergraduate degree in biology from Texas A&M, making me a proud Aggie for life! I still attend as many of their football games as I can. I continued on to earn my Doctorate of Dental Surgery at the University of Texas School of Dentistry in Houston. After my formal education at UT, I completed residencies in TMJ and orofacial pain from the University of Kentucky’s Orofacial Pain Clinic, and from a local periodontist on implant placement and restoration. I am also a member of the North Houston Seattle Study Club and Spears Study Clubs, allowing me to collaborate with and learn from specialists in the area about cutting-edge treatments and technology. My additional professional affiliations include the: American Dental Association Texas Dental Association Greater Houston Dental Society FAMILY AND COMMUNITY I was raised just north of Houston in the small town of Woodville, Texas. It gave me an appreciation for small-town values and the importance of good, old-fashioned customer service. I now reside in the Kingwood/Atascocita area with my wife, son Cohen, and our two dogs Gigi and Bella. My free time is spent with family and friends, playing a few rounds of golf at the Kingwood and Deerwood Country Clubs, and indulging in my personal passion: aviation. I fly almost every weekend! My love of aviation led me to volunteer for Angel Flight, a non-profit organization that provides free transportation to financially distressed, medically compromised patients all around the state of Texas as well as the United States."

This content was provided by Dr. Scott "My patients become family! I get to know my patients on a personal level and consider them friends. My gratification comes from helping patients takes care of their dental needs and concerns. My job is to educate my patients on their oral health and let them decided what best suites their dental goals."

3  Practice Areas

• North Houston Seattle Study Club
    Other Education | Completed
  • The North Houston Spears Study Club
    Other Education | Completed

Dr. Scott has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Scott has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Scott does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Scott and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Scott's Reviews