Dr. Derek Gatta, DMD

Prosthodontics | Male

Dr. Derek Gatta, DMD
I grew up in Newport, RI and have had the chance to practice in many locations from my time in the Navy, including San Diego, Bahrain and Washington DC. I love the challenge of my job and appreciate the scientific and artistic skills it takes to be successful. I understand what it feels like to lack confidence in your smile. As a child, I broke a front tooth and was also in braces. After I was treated to repair the damage, I regained that positive self-esteem, which inspired me to go to Dental School and provide that same sense of wellness to others. I am committed to helping you get your life back with a confident smile. Complex rehabilitations are my specialty and I look forward to working with you. When I am not practicing dentistry, I enjoy traveling, tennis and skiing.

Learn about this dentist

Dr. Gatta's Care Philosophy

I deliver world class oral health care with superior customer service. My mission is to help patients get their lives back who have delayed treatment for fear of judgement or embarrassment. I am a Board-Certified Prosthodontist who specializes in complex oral rehabilitation. Every individual is treated in a professional and courteous manner. Life is too short to not have the smile you deserve! Thank you for giving me the opportunity to serve you.

Dr. Gatta's Experience

Visiting Dr. Gatta

Dr. Gatta is now accepting new patients
Dr. Derek B. Gatta DMD MS FACP Prosthodontics1173 Whipple St
Newport, RI 02841
(401) 841-2541Get Directions

Dr. Gatta's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gatta to family and friends
Dr. Gatta's Performance
in Saratoga Springs, NY |
I was referred to Dr. Gatta from my MTF in Saratoga Springs, NY. I was impressed with his caring, professional, and ability to actively listen to the patient's needs wants and desires before devising a plan for treatment. He doesn't treat people as a paycheck and takes the time to accurately and meticulously care for you while he's in his care. From beginning to end he goes the extra mile to make sure all that they need, meets or exceeds their expectations. Highly recommended!!
in Westerly, RI |
Dr. Gatta is a caring provider who always considers the patient's comfort first. His care is the best and I'd highly recommend him.
in Portsmouth, NH |
Extremely personable and able to make anyone feel at ease. Most importantly, very knowledgeable and skilled. Performed excellent work and completely changed my confidence in my smile.
in Newport |
Doc Gatta went above and beyond to fix the dental issues that I brought to him. My grinding had weakened four of my teeth, so he had four beautiful crowns put in. On top of that he produced and finely adjusted my hard night guard, as well as a set of bleaching trays and lastly used a tooth bonding technique to correct some erosion and restore a whiter smile. His service in the US Navy will be missed and I am certain that he will continue to brighten the smiles of many to come.
in Newport, RI |
Dr. Gatta, is one of the most personable Dr.'s I've had the pleasure of having work in my mouth. Not only is he personable and relatable to his patients, but his work is out of this world! I had a mouth that looked dreadful and before I had extremely low confidence due mainly to my appearance. I would never smile with my teeth showing. Now, on the other hand, I have completely changed my confidence! I smile big now! Much bigger then I did before! Thank you so very much Dr. Gatta! See you in FL!
in Middletown, RI |
I have been in and out of dental clinics for the past year due to a root canal gone bad (Not from Dr Gatta). I am certainly not an expert on dentistry but I am an expert patient. Dr. Gatta was far superior than the other 6 dentist I have visited this past year. His bedside manner was phenomenal. I always have an issue when dentist work along and do not explain what they are doing. Dr. Gatta explained every step, was very concerned about my comfort, and his quality of work was outstanding
in Fairhaven, Mass |
Dr. Gatta`s scheduling of appointments, office environment, cleanliness and comfort for me as a patient was excellent. the staff is friendly and courteousness, the wait time for him was not long neither were the exam rooms. My trust in his decisions for these procedures is in full. He explained every procedure to me (dumbed it down so I can understand) which I believe is very important to the patient. He spends as much time as possible with each patient and then some! He really cares!!
Boston, MA |
Dr. Gatta is an absolute professional. Great patient care and made me feel super comfortable in the dental chair. Excellent service. Thank you. CB
in Warwick, RI |
Dr. Gatta is probably the best doc i have ever dealt with he is very profession yet approachable as well. What really stood out to me was how quickly he responded to my emails when i was out of town and needed help.
in Newport, RI |
Dr. Gatta is really a great dentist that is an expert and professional in his field. He is enthusiastic and caring in his treatment of patients and I think he likes the challenge of fixing teeth and making great smiles. After a life time of bad teeth and 23 years of constant rejection by Navy dentist for treatment, he was the only one who took the time and challenge to give me a great set of teeth and the confidence to smile. The experience was truly life changing and I am very grateful.
in Perth, NY |
First, Dr. Gatta is very personable, attentive and friendly. He is obviously goal oriented; and his goal is the maximum function and cosmetic appeal of the patient's teeth. Dr. Gatta formulated a logical and complex plan to completely restructure my sinuses, my bite and my teeth using periodontal and prosthodontics technology and procedures. I cannot say enough about the results! Not only did he and his team give me my original smile back, they gave me function that I never knew I had lost.
in Taunton, MA |
Everything was a great experience. There was a little wiggle to my tooth and Dr. Gatta got me back in the next day.
Newport, RI |
Dr. Gatta and Ms. Peterson, were an absolute pleasure to work with. He is extremely professional and knowledgeable in all aspects prosthodontics. One of the things that sets him apart is his bedside manner, he goes out of his way to explain all the steps in a procedure before, while and after, which made me feel at ease and comfortable in his hair. Dr. Gatta has a steady and gentle hand while he is working. I am very happy with my dental implant and with the service I received at his office.
in Camarillo, CA |
Dr. Gatta and his team performed a total porcelain reconstruction on my mouth. It is a very complex procedure. Dr. Gatta completely understands the science and art of prosthodontics care. He did an outstanding job; I'm so happy with the results. From the consultation to the final installation, he was truly professional and personable. I would recommend him to anyone.
in Middletown, RI |
Dr. Gatta completed the final stages of an implant on my number 8 incisor. He seamlessly picked up where my dentist in California left off and completed the process with minimal interruption. He has a friendly demeanor which makes him easy to communicate with and has a calming influence on his staff. Unlike providers who are primarily interested in processing appointments, Dr. Gatta demonstrated his concern with ensuring the aesthetic quality of his work. The final product speaks for itself.
in Newport, RI |
I can't tell you how appreciative I am for your awesome work, positive attitude, attention to detail, and most of all your patience with me! I am not always the best patient and it showed when it came to my first root canal and crown, but you and your team have been outstanding!! All of the above were exemplified from the initial evaluation, initial crown, and even the second crown when YOU weren't happy with the first mold! The end product is outstanding! Thank you so much!
in Warminster, PA |
I was in the United States Navy when I initially met Dr Gatta. He was in charge of giving me a complete- total mouth rehab. He was always courteous and professional. He treated me as a person he genuinely cared about. His care was beyond what I could have ever expected. He kept me informed daily and let me know about each procedure moving forward. Husband work was amazing and I have no complaints what so ever. There isn't another dentist in the world I would rather have work on me.
in Chicago, IL |
I used to avoid dentists at all costs, but Dr. Gatta helped change that and made my dental anxieties disappear. He is a competent professional who cares about his patients and the quality of his work. He was courteous and he explained all my concerns from beginning to end. I was extremely happy with the patient-focused care provided by Dr. Gatta and the results of my dental procedures.
in Severn |
I cannot begin to thank Dr. Gatta enough for the services he provided. I now have 11 implants and a full set of teeth! Dr. Gatta consistently has a positive, professional attitude that immediately puts you at ease unlike many other dentists I have had in the past. Thanks, Doc!
Have you seen Dr. Derek Gatta, DMD?
Are you Dr. Gatta?

Compare Dr. Gatta

Compare this Dentist
View other dentists with similar experience to find the right dentist for you.

Dr. Gatta says...

I grew up in Newport, RI and have had the chance to practice in many locations from my time in the Navy, including San Diego, Bahrain and Washington DC.  I love the challenge of my job and appreciate the scientific and artistic skills it takes to be successful.  I understand what it feels like to lack confidence in your smile.  As a child, I broke a front tooth and was also in braces.  After I was treated to repair the damage, I regained that positive self-esteem, which inspired me to go to Dental School and provide that same sense of wellness to others.  I am committed to helping you get your life back with a confident smile.  Complex rehabilitations are my specialty and I look forward to working with you.   When I am not practicing dentistry, I enjoy traveling, tennis and skiing.

Dr. Gatta's Care Philosophy

I deliver world class oral health care with superior customer service.  My mission is to help patients get their lives back who have delayed treatment for fear of judgement or embarrassment.  I am a Board-Certified Prosthodontist who specializes in complex oral rehabilitation.  Every individual is treated in a professional and courteous manner.  Life is too short to not have the smile you deserve!  Thank you for giving me the opportunity to serve you.

-Complete edentulism

-CAD/CAM restorations

-Dental implant restorations

-Veneers

-Cosmetic cases

-Teeth in a day style restorations (Implant dentures)

-Dentures

-Partial Dentures

-Fillings

Dr. Gatta's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Prosthodontics
    •  Malpractice claims in Rhode Island not available

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Rhode Island.

• Chipped Tooth

National Naval Med Ctr Walter Reed Army Med Ctr

Completed in 2014

Vanderbilt University

Graduated in 2003

Dr. Gatta does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gatta and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Prosthodontics