Dr. David Scaffidi, DDS

Dr. David Scaffidi, DDS

Orthodontics  |
Male

Dr. David Scaffidi, DDS is an orthodontics practitioner in Kenner, LA and has been practicing for 11 years. He graduated from Louisiana State University / School Of Dentistry in 2005 and practices orthodontics.Read his story

David V. Scaffidi DDS

• United Concordia

Learn about Dr. Scaffidi

Video

Dr. Scaffidi's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Scaffidi "A smile says so much about a person. Orthodontics is more than just straightening teeth: being an orthodontist gives me the opportunity to make a person feel good about themselves, and help to instill or improve their personal confidence. When I observe a patient’s self-esteem begin to strengthen and then blossom, as they see the visible changes in their appearance — and watch the transformation in how they walk with a firmer step, how they start to seek out conversations and interaction with others, and how they begin to smile without hiding their teeth — I find myself smiling. It’s a privilege to watch these changes, and an honor to play a role in making them happen. Each person I care for is important to me. Every day I interact with people from different backgrounds, each with their own experiences and stories to tell, and this reminds me both of the wonderful uniqueness of each of us and the common ground that we share. I love that my profession brings me into contact with incredible people and allows me the time needed to get to know and build friendships with them. Education and Pursuit of Continuing Education I first received a Bachelor of Science in civil engineering in 1991, and then returned to school and graduated with a Doctorate of Dental Surgery from the Louisiana State University Dental School in 2005. This was followed by studies in the LSU Dental School Orthodontic and Dentofacial Orthopedic specialty program, from which I graduated in 2007. I know that oral healthcare, especially orthodontics, requires that a practitioner be firmly committed to pursuing continuing education (CE) offerings. There are constant developments in treatment methodologies, and diagnostic and treatment technologies, which all lead to shorter treatment times with stronger results. My patients trust me to provide them with the best care available, and I can only do that if I stay at the leading edge of knowledge and skills.Each year I seek out and participate in CE courses at the local, regional, and national levels. I’m also a member of the Bassett Study Club, a network of 20+ local dentists and oral healthcare specialists who meet every month to review case studies and share knowledge. Professional Memberships American Association of Orthodontists American Dental Association Southern Association of Orthodontists Louisiana Association of Orthodontists Louisiana Dental Association New Orleans Dental Association Away from the Practice I’m a New Orleans native, and share my life with my wife Lyn and three children: Elizabeth, Matthew, and Caroline. Being with my family is always my first choice when I’m not in the office, but I also enjoy getting out, especially going fishing or duck hunting. I’m a morning person and getting up early to exercise or spend time on the water is something I love. I get to see the sun rise and reflect on all the blessings I have in my life. In addition to being a supporter of several local schools, I’m a coach at the local playground and actively involved with St. Dominic School and church."

This content was provided by Dr. Scaffidi "Our practice provides a fun, lighthearted, family-friendly atmosphere, where patients and their parents are encouraged to take an active role in their treatment. We have an open clinic policy where parents with little ones receiving treatment are welcome to sit chair-side with Dr. Scaffidi. Our practice specializes in orthodontics for patients of all ages, offering traditional braces, Invisalign clear braces, and Zoom! teeth whitening."

• Orthodontics

• Ankylosis of Tooth
  • Crooked Teeth
  • Crossbite
  • Dental Crowding
  • Dental Spacing
  • Gaps Between Teeth
  • Malocclusion (Bad Bite)
  • Misaligned Teeth

• Snoring Prevention
  • Spacers for Braces
  • Springs for Braces
  • Teeth Whitening

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Louisiana.

• University Of New Orlean
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1991
  • Louisiana State University / School Of Dentistry
    Medical School | Graduated 2005
  • Louisiana State University / School Of Dentistry-Orthodontic Program
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2007

Dr. Scaffidi has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Scaffidi has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Scaffidi does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Scaffidi and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Scaffidi's Reviews